The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

shahala

People have been reinfected with second cases more serious than the firsThat’s what I have bee
People have been reinfected with second cases more serious than the first.
That’s what I have been hearing! And that’s why I’m being careful! My doctor said it’s very rare for a reinfection to occur especially for someone who was really sick the first time, but I’m conducting myself like it can happen again.

dancinstallion

That’s what I have been hearing! And that’s why I’m being careful! My doctor said it’s very rare for a reinfection to occur especially for someone who was really sick the first time, but I’m conducting myself like it can happen again.

People are being reinfected with different strains. Yes it is very rare to be reinfected with the same strain but there are about 3-4 strains that I know of.

Last edited:

yamilee21

The five radical right-wing members of the the Supreme Court decided that the United States needs more stories like Hina Patel’s. The “freedom” to practice religion is not more important than the society’s general public health and safety. These justices are neither “Christian” nor “pro-life,” not that their hypocrisy has ever fooled anyone.

Everything Zen

This man said do as I say, not as I do lol

I’m glad Cuomo got called out on it too. I get it bc he’s been so cautious this entire time while everyone else has been traipsing around and not being cautious but you just can’t do it. Like I said my father got really angry with me for staying away for five months, bc I explained to him that my SO was being reckless. Fortunately we have been spared. I have caved a few times but I did visit a few times this year bc he needed emergency glaucoma surgery so I ended up staying with them to help my mom care for him. Other than that I basically stay isolated.

Everything Zen

I’ve heard about COVID being a vascular disorder and the formation of micro blood clots before and now the 60 minutes interview re-confirmed everything with the long-haulers. So I’m thinking what about treatment with a baby aspirin?

"We believe that the blood thinning effects of aspirin provides benefits for COVID-19 patients by preventing microclot formation," said study co-author Michael A. Mazzeffi, MD, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at UMSOM. "Patients diagnosed with COVID-19 may want to consider taking a daily aspirin as long as they check with their doctor first." Those at increased bleeding risk due to chronic kidney disease, for example, or because they regularly use certain medications, like steroids or blood thinners, may not be able to safely take aspirin, he added.

78793904-4652-49BB-A3D7-3C3B47A52ABF.gif

Evolving78

The hospitals and EMT services literally are tapped out of resources. I was in an accident yesterday, and I’m telling you supplies, equipment, and Human Resources (staff) are low.. please do what you can to stay healthy. I know we have clinical and healthcare professionals right in this thread, I just want to say thank you and you are in my prayers. My experience yesterday was mind blowing. You hear medical professionals begging and pleading on tv and SM for people to follow the guidelines and stay home, and not many people are taking it serious.

Last edited: