The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Meanwhile the Jews....

Covid-19: Israel records no daily deaths for the first time in 10 months

The country's coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 6,346 on Thursday, health ministry data showed. The last time Israel reported zero Covid-19 deaths was at the end of June last year, after lockdown measures curbed a first wave of infections. Israel's outbreak has eased after hitting its peak in January this year. The Israeli government started to relax lockdown restrictions a month later as vaccinations against Covid-19 were rolled out more widely. Israel has the highest vaccination rate in the world. On Thursday, the country reached the milestone of five million Covid-19 vaccinations.

They think that Israel may be hitting herd immunity at 60% because they threatened the orthodox (the super spreaders) into vaccination submission and everybody else wears their masks and distance cuz all of them got doctors in their families telling them to act right.

vevster

The Green Passport to travel to Europe requires 1 of the following

1. Negative covid test
2. Proof of Vaccination
3. Positive Antibodies test

I'm glad they are giving more than one option.....

I'm not sure all countries are adopting this but some are...

oneastrocurlie

CNN caught a whole lot of deaths in real time because the one I was watching, the brother who died was on a rolling cart they rigged into a makeshift bed to move him around outside the hospital.

As many doctors visits as I had to take my mother to I couldn't imagine looking at the place that is supposed to save her from the outside and not being able to do anything.

In the Detroit group I'm in, they are saying India is all a hoax to scare people into taking the vaccine. Here's the thing that people with limited imagination and no sense of history outside of YouTube conspiracy videos don't realize: If the powers that be wanted to do some nefarious pooh, they would move in the same silence they always do so that the rest of us didn't find out what happened for a smooth 50-100 years when it was too late to do anything about it. Since it's a free forum, I don't doubt there's some white and various Russian trolls but I know some of the hoteps IRL and this is consistent to what they say every time anything happens.

I'm tired. I think we haven't seen our last wave in the U.S. Even CNN is harping on Fauci about letting people go maskless outside even though we still getting a few thousand new cases each week cuz people refuse to act right. I doubt we'll get close to the 80%+ vaxxed needed for herd immunity and a whole lot of people both vaxxed and unvaxxed will get sick but at least the mortality rate won't be as high as it would otherwise.

All of this. Also add in that millions of people aren't getting their second dose here.

Kanky

The Green Passport to travel to Europe requires 1 of the following

1. Negative covid test
2. Proof of Vaccination
3. Positive Antibodies test

I'm glad they are giving more than one option.....

I'm not sure all countries are adopting this but some are...
I am sad about all of my postponed vacation plans. We planned to go to Europe to celebrate our anniversary, and we were supposed to go to Japan so that my kids could visit the Super Nintendo themed amusement park. With the way this pandemic is going my kids will have to wait until they open one in Orlando in 2025. :sad:

Black Ambrosia

I wish that we could get this nut job off air. He is going to get his followers hemmed up. I don’t wear a mask outside but I wish a ninja would come talk to me about anything that I am wearing. :lachen: Leave people alone.
I don’t watch Fox but I’m sure it’s easy to find a list of his advertisers and start tweeting them about boycotting their products. It may not get him off the air but he’ll tone down the rhetoric. Everybody answers to somebody.

naturalgyrl5199

When you have over 700 variants of COVID-19...its only so much vaccination you can do. Is the problem the shot or PEOPLE"S BEHAVIORS?
We created our own mess and made ourselves the guinea pigs. Since so many people got degrees from Google or TrMp university and claim they know more than people who has been studying viruses, and how pandemics work- predicted this happening exactly HOW its happening years ago, of course you gone have a HOT MESS EXPRESS.
Hindsight and jokes about shots do nothing.

The irony is---India is the vaccine making capital of the earth.

They get their ingredients from us. So Biden has to lift the moratorium on shipping ingredients out of the country to make basic vaccines (because they prioritized ALL ingredients for the testing of the vaccine so it can be done quickly) so India can start making some.

naturalgyrl5199

What's a "major vaccine"? You mean to tell me all these first and second doses are not "major" enough?

Like the flu, COVID won't be wiped out anytime soon or ever. This has been in the works and is here to stay. But don't mind me, keep injecting away.

View attachment 471683
Its funny huh?
We know vaccines aren't curative. We do flu vaccine just so people don't crowd up the hospitals. Flu still killing babies and adults every day. So like....*** em?
Deaths from heart attacks, stroke, diabetic comas ALSO increased with COVID because they couldn't get an ICU bed. Talk to some EMTs. Its just to reduce the number of people who's COVID infection advances to SARS disease that kills. If we didn't have to set up camp-like ICU rooms, then we really wouldn't need a vaccine. Your condescension about "injecting away" totally makes light of that.

Nobody is talking to doctors, EMTs, Paramedics or Public Health staff. Dr. Fauci pretty much speaks their feelings and he is getting crapped on. They'll tell their stories eventually. But humans NEVER learn.
We won't truly understand the human costs for at least another few years.

Hospitals and Health Departments prepare every year on how to deal with surges of at least 4-5 flu strains, several strains of poisons used in biochemical warfare, and many other upper respiratory strains that people only heard about in 2019. Every year I gotta prepare to save lives, learn how to access stockpiles, quickly give our vaccines AND antidotes, scout parks and high school gyms to TRY AND PREDICT where can we set up a quick field hospital within 48 hours--all so I can hear people tell us we lying, keeping secrets, using people as guinea pigs. I swear, ya'll gonna see a decrease in health care professionals and emergency care staffing within 10 years. I already hear GOOD nurses talking. Many are switching careers. This happened in Education when we let legislators tell parents to subsidize their kids own K-12 education. People like me getting tired of fighting for people who just don't give a damn about those giving blood, sweat, tears, talent, creativity to help others with a balance of public health measures, science, health tips. The crappy ones won't quit. But the good ones are WORE OUT. I just pray when I need emergency care, it doesn't come too slow. end rant/

naturalgyrl5199

Can someone help me understand the issue with outside masks?

We don't have a law on the books that will put you in jail. There are no federal mandates.

I personally wish access to masks was standard YEARS ago. You should be able to buy a whole box for $1.00 every flu season. When I got into Public Health, I was appalled to see how people go shopping, go to restaurants, party with full on illness. And folk have no hygiene.

naturalgyrl5199

RE: India:
Its super bad. Just got off the phone with of of my employees who is from India and her parents and her in-laws.
Her FIL has COVID and his wife is okay. But they are very elderly and cannot get a doctor over there or get an ICU bed. Her FIL is recovering.
Her classmate from college in India is scared to leave their apartment as they have had almost 1/2 the tenants have die over the last month. :cry:
They are Hindu and are doing a prayer chain every day because their instinct is to fly over when a relative is sick but they cannot fly in. I feel so bad for her because she says so many Indians living here are so sad and worried. She says their relatives are okay but her friends have not been so lucky with their own relatives young and old. I think this is particularly virulent because of all of the strains and the sheer number of souls living there.

naturalgyrl5199

Meanwhile the Jews....

Covid-19: Israel records no daily deaths for the first time in 10 months

The country's coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 6,346 on Thursday, health ministry data showed. The last time Israel reported zero Covid-19 deaths was at the end of June last year, after lockdown measures curbed a first wave of infections. Israel's outbreak has eased after hitting its peak in January this year. The Israeli government started to relax lockdown restrictions a month later as vaccinations against Covid-19 were rolled out more widely. Israel has the highest vaccination rate in the world. On Thursday, the country reached the milestone of five million Covid-19 vaccinations.

They think that Israel may be hitting herd immunity at 60% because they threatened the orthodox (the super spreaders) into vaccination submission and everybody else wears their masks and distance cuz all of them got doctors in their families telling them to act right.
I heard on NPR there was a huge concerted effort to get local doctors there to educate Rabbis (who they said already WERE educated about how the vaccines worked) about the vaccines in hopes that they would convince some people to vaccinate.

Kanky

I don’t watch Fox but I’m sure it’s easy to find a list of his advertisers and start tweeting them about boycotting their products. It may not get him off the air but he’ll tone down the rhetoric. Everybody answers to somebody.
IIRC Tucker Carlson barely has any advertisers because they’ve been boycotting for years. I would like to see Fox News shut down entirely. It is mostly propaganda and conspiracy theories.

We don't have a law on the books that will put you in jail. There are no federal mandates.

I personally wish access to masks was standard YEARS ago. You should be able to buy a whole box for $1.00 every flu season. When I got into Public Health, I was appalled to see how people go shopping, go to restaurants, party with full on illness. And folk have no hygiene.
I think that it is hard to catch Covid outside, so unless I am in a crowded space I don’t wear one. I avoid crowds entirely so I have no need of a mask outside walking the dog or whatever. I live in a very low density area.

I am hoping that Covid makes being sick in public places entirely unacceptable.

Crackers Phinn

There's not enough of the population vaccinated to loosen any of the requirements. 2.5 out of 10 people are fully vaccinated but watch 8-10 out of 10 people you see outside are walking around with no masks. If you give people an inch they go take a mile.

Everything Zen

Got my second shot of Pfizer this am. So far so good. I’m tired probably bc I was anxious to get this done and I haven’t had any coffee/caffeine this am opting instead for water and orange juice in an effort to try to make sure I was well hydrated.
I wish that we could get this nut job off air. He is going to get his followers hemmed up. I don’t wear a mask outside but I wish a ninja would come talk to me about anything that I am wearing. :lachen: Leave people alone.
I’ll just tell people I have TB.

B10E3522-5718-4B9F-BD31-F94727B22A58.jpeg

Crackers Phinn

Nobody is talking to doctors, EMTs, Paramedics or Public Health staff. Dr. Fauci pretty much speaks their feelings and he is getting crapped on. They'll tell their stories eventually. But humans NEVER learn.
That's because they (and you) are all in on the

Rastafarai

Kanky

Watch one of his followers take this misguided advice on a bike path when cyclists have been wearing bike masks pre-covid. My pressure was up watching this until I realized this was stated to create tension and chaos. If obedience is wrong why do people need to obey the stranger asking tnem to remove the mask? Please make it make sense.
Republicans don’t like it when things make sense. :lol:

My husband wears a mask outside because he has allergies and he has basically decided to do so forever because his allergies were so much milder after using the mask. Mask wearing probably isn’t going anywhere so the people who don’t like it will have to deal. I think that I will always have a just in case box of N95s in my home. And extra toilet paper.

Kanky

From two-dose vaccines, to yearly booster shot requirements, and now at-home pills. Pfizer is rolling out a COVID pill with anticipated availability by end of year. Oh, and its experimental:

Well yeah. Everything is experimental until it gets FDA approval. An antiviral for Covid is a very good thing. Tamiflu saves a lot of people from hospitalization and death. Something like that is needed for Covid.

vevster

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
I saw this today in a daily pedi newsletter I get. I had to cut and paste this part :nono: :

Study: Hospital hand hygiene increases during pandemic
Study: Hospital hand hygiene increases during pandemic
(Pixabay)
Hand hygiene compliance rates for some units at the University of Chicago Medical Center hit 90% to 100% at points early in the pandemic, researchers reported in JAMA Internal Medicine. The center, which uses Purell's Smartlink Integrated Monitoring System, found that before the COVID-19 pandemic, monthly hand hygiene compliance was about 55%, but on March 29, 2020, it hit a daily peak of 92.8% across units, and on March 28, 2020, it was 100% in COVID-19 units.
Full Story: Healio (free registration) (4/26)

Maybe coronavirus needs to stay around indefinitely :look: If this what it takes for people to wash their hands.....

oneastrocurlie

Well yeah. Everything is experimental until it gets FDA approval. An antiviral for Covid is a very good thing. Tamiflu saves a lot of people from hospitalization and death. Something like that is needed for Covid.

I really don't understand the experimental/not approved line if the same people also take vitamins.

I know darn well people not thoroughly researching Mane Choice Hair Skin and Nail vitamins, Mielle's growth drops or a new Etsy shop's rice water serum before ingesting or applying to their scalps.

Companies started stuffing elderberry and zinc together real quick this past year. They like Oprah. You get an immunity vitamin. You get an immunity vitamin. You get an immunity vitamin.