The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Black Ambrosia

I think what concerns me most is that Fauci just said they don’t know what the magic number is for herd immunity AND they don’t know how long immunity lasts once vaccinated. How can they determine when to start administering booster shots? When will booster shots be available? When will we know if they’re effective on the variant out of India? I know there are a lot of unknowns so I don’t expect all of this info to be available but i’m concerned that they’d change the mask guidance with these unknowns.

dancinstallion

Not trying to be hyperbolic but- We are setting ourselves up to be the next India…

Yes I think so. I think it will be less media coverage on the next spike. It will appear as though everything is back to normal.
It feels like everything is back to normal already. Everything is open, people can travel. Only a few restrictions left in certain areas.

Ganjababy

Oh my god. I felt so horrible yesterday. I was at work and felt like I was about to collapse. Every physical and mental task took longer and more effort. I thought I was a having a severe bout of hayfever but it just kept getting worse, and worse. Just lousy over all. Runny nose, lethargy and listlessness, lack of focus (brain fog). I had to inform my director that he may have to come in because I felt I was about to collapse. After looking at my phone I realized that my last text to him consisted of me sending him heart emojis (by mistake but he does not know that) . So his reply was a bit weird. Not what I expect as a backup/support. So now I am wondering if he thinks I was inappropriate. How do I fix this? Should I just ignore it? I needed a day off last week and asked him to replace me. But while I did so I just realized I sent him a bunch of hearts in the text by mistake. Should I ignore it and carry on or say I texted the hearts by mistake? Yes this is about 2 things. COVID-19 vaccines and inappropriate texting to boss. What makes it worse is that I texted him last night to tell him I was feeling ill as a forewarning in case I collapsed and he had to come in. But his response seemed terse, then I looked at our texting history and I had sent him a bunch of hearts by mistake and now I wonder if the tereseness was due to that, or the fact that he was at home with his family on Sunday and his employee was texting him that he may have to come in?

Last edited:

PatDM'T

Oh my god. I felt so horrible yesterday. I was at work and felt like I was about to collapse. Every physical and mental task took longer and more effort. I thought I was a having a severe bout of hayfever but it just kept getting worse, and worse. Just lousy over all. Runny nose, lethargy and listlessness, lack of focus (brain fog). I had to inform my director that he may have to come in because I felt I was about to collapse. After looking at my phone I realized that my last text to him consisted of me sending him heart emojis (by mistake but he does not know that) . So his reply was a bit weird. Not what I expect as a backup/support. So now I am wondering if he thinks I was inappropriate. How do I fix this? Should I just ignore it? I needed a day off last week and asked him to replace me. But while I did so I just realized I sent him a bunch of hearts in the text by mistake. Should I ignore it and carry on or say I texted the hearts by mistake? Yes this is about 2 things. COVID-19 vaccines and inappropriate texting to boss. What makes it worse is that I texted him last night to tell him I was feeling ill as a forewarning in case I collapsed and he had to come in. But his response seemed terse, then I looked at our texting history and I had sent him a bunch of hearts by mistake and now I wonder if the tereseness was due to that, or the fact that he was at home with his family on Sunday and his employee was texting him that he may have to come in? Should I address the emojis sent by accident? Or pretend to ignore them? What do you ladies think?
I think I would
address them
and chalk it up
to being out of it.

It is the truth
and whether he
believes you or
not, you have a
clear conscience
and have tried
to fix your mistake.

IMO that is better
than there being
a misunderstanding
that could bite
your :moon: later on..

Sorry that
happened
to you.

I would be
mortified.

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

Did they say why? Do they not trust the government0 don't want to be guinea pigs?

Are they practicing other methods of not contracting the virus?
Many in that age bracket don't trust the gov't. There is a certain demographic of young blacks and then way more whites who are very anti-gov. And yes, many say they don't want to be guinea pigs.

No they are still partying and are the main demographic of humans living their best YOLO life right now. I knew it was bad when a reporter called me a few months ago asking about it. I directed her to our PIO and gave the Head of our Health Dept the heads up. The difference in stats is extremely significant.

naturalgyrl5199

Not surprised Wal-Mart is first.
I will give them a small slow clap for being one of the first to mandate it though. They are still in my city asking folk to wear one and if you don't you still stick out like a sore thumb in my part of FL. And thats good. Same for Target and Publix.

One lady says she wears hers bc she doesn't want ppl to think she is a tRuMper.

naturalgyrl5199

I think what concerns me most is that Fauci just said they don’t know what the magic number is for herd immunity AND they don’t know how long immunity lasts once vaccinated. How can they determine when to start administering booster shots? When will booster shots be available? When will we know if they’re effective on the variant out of India? I know there are a lot of unknowns so I don’t expect all of this info to be available but i’m concerned that they’d change the mask guidance with these unknowns.
I'm just gonna ask for one in December based on what I'm hearing about 6 or so month immunity. I was part of the first wave so we running close come next month.... I'll be getting my yearly flu shot in October. I don't have time to wait for these jokers. Hoping these later batches have the newer strains like the flu shot does.

Bless ya'll for ya'll sanity. You guys know where I stand on all things Public Health so ya'll are really a balm for me in this storm of what I have to deal with. My building still demands mask wearing.

sunshinebeautiful

I think I would
address them
and chalk it up
to being out of it.

It is the truth
and whether he
believes you or
not, you have a
clear conscience
and have tried
to fix your mistake.

IMO that is better
than there being
a misunderstanding
that could come bite
your :moon: later on..

Sorry that
happened
to you.

I would be
mortified.

I was going to say the same. Definitely address it.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I feel them. Just when this started to slow down a bit, here comes guidelines that will likely cause the rates to increase again. Our health care professionals are TIRED and that's not good for anyone who happens to need medical care.
It sounds to me like the experts have done the math and said, they are done protecting people from themselves. The people who are vaccinated can do hoodrat things with their friends and catch Covid if they want to but at least the majority who are high risk won't clog up the hospitals and the anti vaxxers are free to take they chances. Hunger Games

If I was the devious minded type, I'd be thinking this is the perfect opportunity to thin the herd instead of trying to absorb the cost to protect all of it. At this point, vaccine is free and accessible to all, if this third wave of Kung Flu with a side of Curry come through and take out a chunk of the population, can't nobody come back with "well I didn't know" or discrimination or whatever then it is what it is.

Everything Zen

It sounds to me like the experts have done the math and said, they are done protecting people from themselves. The people who are vaccinated can do hoodrat things with their friends and catch Covid if they want to but at least the majority who are high risk won't clog up the hospitals and the anti vaxxers are free to take they chances. Hunger Games

If I was the devious minded type, I'd be thinking this is the perfect opportunity to thin the herd instead of trying to absorb the cost to protect all of it. At this point, vaccine is free and accessible to all, if this third wave of Kung Flu with a side of Curry come through and take out a chunk of the population, can't nobody come back with "well I didn't know" or discrimination or whatever then it is what it is.
And at this point- I’m not mad at them :look:

naturalgyrl5199

God willing I'm alive on the other side to see how the research shakes out and see what history calls this period. At least we'll have better documentation vs the early 1900's when Spanish Flu hit.
NOT THAT WE WERE NOT PREPARED....

politics matter--for those who don't vote.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I walk into the lunchroom to two employees sitting across a 2 foot table eating and ki-ki'ing together and said "Are ya'll supposed to be that close?" One says, well "I'm fully vaccinated" and the other says "I'm not" and the vaxxed one says "why wouldn't you tell me that?" and the non vaxxed one just Yeezy shrugged and these are people who are/were friendly with each other.

So now I have to send out the "don't assume" email.

I hate everybody. :moon: Be Careful and don't trust nobody outside of your household and even then.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I walk into the lunchroom to two employees sitting across a 2 foot table eating and ki-ki'ing together and said "Are ya'll supposed to be that close?" One says, well "I'm fully vaccinated" and the other says "I'm not" and the vaxxed one says "why wouldn't you tell me that?" and the non vaxxed one just Yeezy shrugged and these are people who are/were friendly with each other.

I hate everybody. :moon: Be Careful and don't trust nobody outside of your household and even then.

People can mess around and stop wearing their masks or stay physically distant with people they think they know (for now, at least) if they want to... someone will learn the hard way and it won't be pretty.

naturalgyrl5199

Wow.
2 of mine are unvaccinated (they work across town from me) but gets mad if anyone mentions it. A vaccinated co-worker had their adult daughter test positive and she mentioned in an email (they are a small unit of 5) that she would stay home to not expose them. But the health dept said she doesnt have to quarantine bc she is vaccinated. They got angry for being called out (everyone knew) and sent a long email to them about "their rights"
Then they saw her in the office bc she is vaccinated and doesn't have to quarantine, then told her she is "exposing them."
So now I have to go in there as the Program Director and set them straight--and remind them they are still on probation. They are coming in late and are new---too new to be starting shenanigans about mess they don't understand.