The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Crackers Phinn

Somebody in the Detroit forum had the nigaudacity to state that no matter how badly Trump fumbled the Covid bag that Hillary Clinton would have done worse.

I cannot think of anyone besides willfully bat poo crazy "The End is Nigh" types who would get the info of a virus up front being airborne and deadly then down play it. I don't care how, why, when or how somebody don't like Hillary, short of a drug habit or dementia, there's no convincing me she could have done any worse. Hell, I don't think an inanimate object could have handled the situation worse.

naturalyogini

I got one shot, one to go next Friday and I wear my mask everywhere. Folks look at me like I'm crazy. I look at them like how do I know you're vaccinated. I assume folks aren't vaccinated. I'm wearing my mask until 2022 and beyond if necessary. I had covid and I don't want it again.
Got my second shot today. So far fatigue, arm soreness and indigestion. Hoping for the best.

Black Ambrosia

They only care because it is 90% of their supporters dropping like flies. It it stayed mostly brown, black urban folk dying, they won't care and be pleading with the public.
This is too easy an answer. The reality is they only care about their supporters during election years. There's another reason we haven't heard about yet. Someone else mentioned the stock market. All these politicians and commentators are beholden to their wealthy donors and supporters. Maybe the upper 2% are leaning on them about their profit margins? Idk but it's possible.

Everything Zen

sky_blu

SMDH this is happening everyday ‍♀️ You don’t want the vax? Fine. But take precautions. However I would rather have and not need than need and not have. I’m happy some of my friends are coming around and getting vaxxed. All of my siblings except 1 has had COVID and I have 2 in the hospital now with the Delta variant. One will need oxygen for the rest of his life bc it messed up his heart. One of my young and healthy friends got it earlier this year and has been having long hauler symptoms.

naturalgyrl5199

This is too easy an answer. The reality is they only care about their supporters during election years. There's another reason we haven't heard about yet. Someone else mentioned the stock market. All these politicians and commentators are beholden to their wealthy donors and supporters. Maybe the upper 2% are leaning on them about their profit margins? Idk but it's possible.
I think its vanity.
Google Kay Ivey the Gov of Alabama. she was fussing at a reporter because Alabama is having some problems with space in their hospitals because of the unvaccinated. She NOW claims she "doesn't understand why people don't use common sense" to take care of themselves or take pre-cautions. Like she was mad mad.

But here is the problem that she and other GOPers created with their lies and their smoke and mirrors. Cause trust and believe--ALL these Governors and legislators in the public eye who refuse to promote the vaccine....ARE VACCINATED. Kay Ivey too. Marco Rubio, and DeSatan is too. But they yelled and screamed about Gov needing to be small. So small that Gov shouldn't be offering people education or a means to make informed and educated decisions. This is where I said many comments ago that these people only believe those smart enough to survive SHOULD survive. (Thinking of the cult movie IDIOCRACY) They totally underestimated the fact that people would pick up their mantle with cult-like status and refuse to help themselves. So they pushed gov out of medicine (no OBAMA care), they screamed that Gov should be out of business for better or worse (tort reform), they wanted Gov out of education (except for on evolution theory and sex ed) so they gutted education in so many states and school districs you get these charter schools with inconsistent standards. Now you have what was an already ignorant populace with no public health measures around being pushed or promoted. And you wonder why ppl like Stephon Harmon who go on about 99 problems and a vax ain't one...and screams about not wanting to be intubated then being so scared and finally getting on one when its too late? Or doctors having to tell anti-vaxxers right before they are intubated that its too late for a vaccine and then have to watch their dumb buts die alone? Kay Ivey knew better and is vaccinated but now they (the GOP and Fox) don't want be known as the ones who got these people like that--hence-vanity.

And even vanity is suspect because it almost *Feels* intentional. But she yelling about people supposing to have "common sense" so IDK. But Houston, Arkansas, Texas, FL, Alabama: "We have a problem"

pear

We just found out that a friend of the family has contracted COVID despite being fully vaccinated for a few months :oops:. They are doing ok but definitely has symptoms keeping them down.

I am afraid that we are going to see more and more of these breakthrough cases!

Most folks I see are walking around with no mask and not a care in the world. You can’t tell me all those folks have been vaccinated. These trifling tail folks are putting me and my unvaccinated kids (they’re too young to get the vaccine) at risk. If the past year has taught me one thing it’s that I don’t like most people :mad:.

starfish

We just found out that a friend of the family has contracted COVID despite being fully vaccinated for a few months :oops:. They are doing ok but definitely has symptoms keeping them down.

I am afraid that we are going to see more and more of these breakthrough cases!

Most folks I see are walking around with no mask and not a care in the world. You can’t tell me all those folks have been vaccinated. These trifling tail folks are putting me and my unvaccinated kids (they’re too young to get the vaccine) at risk. If the past year has taught me one thing it’s that I don’t like most people :mad:.
Me too. A friend of mine has COVID and has been vaccinated for 3 months. She wants me to tell everybody that even though she has a 'mild' case, COVID is like nothing she's ever had and she couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. She's really sick and her oxygen levels keep going up and down. She's scared.

Crackers Phinn

I ventured out yesterday thinking that if I went early enough I could beat the crowds at Dollar Tree and Daiso Japan for storage/organizing stuff. Yeah, that only kind of worked out because the first dollar tree I went to had everything but storage stuff and more importantly did not have a freezer section with delicious Jamaican Beef and Chicken patties. :mad: Plus the lady at the register had her mask on in a way that her bottom lip poked out. We were separated by a shield at checkout but I was like :whyme:

So I went over to Daiso and even though the store was more crowded than I was comfortable with I put the KN95 on and ventured in. Everybody had masks on but distancing was nearly nonexistent and I found myself constantly moving away from people.

I put in a grubhub pickup order for a Persian restaurant and dude at the register got his mask on his chin and the woman I'm assuming was his wife was wearing a chador with a veil instead of a mask. They also had a barrier up so I didn't feel like they were breathing on me but I did have to block out the thought of them breathing on my food. :mad: .

I went to another dollar tree where the only other customer was another black woman and two mask less children around 10ish who she yelled at the entire time I was in the store which was 5 whole minutes cuz children are plague bearers. Of course they were running up and down the aisles, mouths wide open letting the potential covid get everywhere. :nono:

Overall, I'm not surprised at how things are spreading because there's so much half a00-ery being practiced even in more liberal places. I will continue doing all the shopping I can online but there are just some things that I want to see and touch before purchasing which means occasionally actually going into places.

If you need organization stuff I really recommend Daiso before venturing into the Container Store or Ikea.