The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity

sunshinebeautiful

If these parents who voted for him in the past have their children get severely sick or die and the family friends get sick and/or die and their elderly parents get sick and/or die and these parents are surrounded by sickness and death, how is that politicmove paying off? :huh:

Oh let me also include said parents themselves getting sick or dying. They can’t vote from the grave. :nono:

The only “positive” I can see if that a large number of Republicans all die away or are too sick to vote in the next election. Evil thoughts maybe? devil: I don’t care at this point.

IDK but DeathSantis seems to be hedging his bets. If he loses a large portion of his voting bloc *kanye shrug* I bet when it's all said and done, he'll find a way to try and blame the Democrats :nono:

Black Ambrosia

This ones gofundme page should be required reading simply because it really details what he AND his fiancé went through by delaying vaccination.

It was hard to read. I feel for her because I know how quickly it turns. One day they don’t feel well and the next they literally can’t breathe. It’s terrifying.

I’m glad she got vaccinated. I wish it hadn’t taken losing the love of her life for it to happen.

MamaBear2012

Mine start back soon too. I’m homeschooling my youngest, since that child is under 12. I’m worried.

I'm worried too. We have weekly testing in our district, but parents have to opt in. I only sent my kids back to school the last nine weeks of school last year, but classes were being quarantined left and right and most of the kids weren't even being tested. So add more kids and a new variant that is said to be as contagious as chickenpox. Whew! I just don't know. And only 58% of the eligible staff in our district have received the vaccine, so we'll be going through that again. We had several teachers out for weeks in and out of the hospital. I honestly feel a little stressed about it.

Evolving78

I'm worried too. We have weekly testing in our district, but parents have to opt in. I only sent my kids back to school the last nine weeks of school last year, but classes were being quarantined left and right and most of the kids weren't even being tested. So add more kids and a new variant that is said to be as contagious as chickenpox. Whew! I just don't know. And only 58% of the eligible staff in our district have received the vaccine, so we'll be going through that again. We had several teachers out for weeks in and out of the hospital. I honestly feel a little stressed about it.
I saw the electronic form I need to fill out for testing.. I’m uncomfortable with that. My kids were home the whole lockdown. I have no problem with doing that again.

winterinatl

All natural!
Also, here in small town Washington no one was wearing masks at TJMax and Burlington Coat Factory. I’d say 2% of shoppers including us. And we ran in and out looking for one item.

I start work with adults Monday morning. We will be meeting in person. They will all be vaccinated (I think?) but I am very very nervous. I am terrified I’ll catch it.

Evolving78

@winterinatl
I’ll keep you and the ladies here in my prayers. I feel the same as you do. We tried so hard to make it over this hill just for it to turn into a mountain. People are fighting so hard not to comply, and like it was mentioned, folks don’t do well with the honor system. Walmart was handing out masks at the door. Lalapolooza was yesterday and seeing that picture of all of those young people maskless was frightening. I don’t know what the mayor was thinking allowing that concert to go down.

Evolving78

You're uncomfortable with the school testing? Can you share why?
It’s just an uncomfortable process for a child to have constantly go through. I would rather keep my child at home then be subjected to weekly testing. The only reason my children are returning is because they want to. My children felt teachers and admin staff were unorganized. Things were constantly changing or there was some form of miscommunication, and they didn’t enjoy being monitored on camera all day long. My child expressed that it seemed most teachers were unable to work effectively from home and they needed the structure of the building to do their job more efficiently. Words from a child…

Last edited:

MamaBear2012

North Clayton High School to start virtually after COVID-19 outbreak​

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. - A school in Clayton County announced Saturday it would begin the year virtually after a COVID-19 outbreak.

North Clayton High School officials said Saturday "a number of staff members" have to quarantine at the College Park school.

For now, the school plans to start virtually on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

"Clayton County Public Schools continues to make decisions in the best interest of all students and employees, district leaders will continue to monitor this ongoing situation and will share additional information as necessary," a statement from the school district read.

Clayton County Public Schools is one of a handful of districts that have started the 2021-22 school year with a mask mandate.

Whew! I'm not ready for this school year. :cry3: