The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

LostInAdream

Was exposed to someone who was in direct contact of someone who tested positive today. Going to get me and my child tested in the morning.
We are both negative :woot: Thank y’all for the well wishes!! The person who was the direct contact also tested negative. I’m so happy as she is 5 months pregnant. I’m not going anywhere or being around anyone until this ish is done. The anxiety is too much for me. So thankful I will be going fully remote as soon as my computer equipment comes in.

Everything Zen

^^^ I ain’t got my feet done since before the pandemic started, my brows have been touched even longer than that because I swear these people left me one higher than the other so I always had this surprised one eyed look one my face. I’ve gone to my beautician maybe 3 times.

I guess I have to go get that stuff taken care of now to attend my little cousin’s wedding and represent our side of the family because my parents definitely can’t go since our beloved dog suddenly went blind/has an unknown infection a little over a month ago and my mom now has 2 glaucoma patients between him and my dad whose grown behind can’t put a single drop in his eye by himself. There are seven drops/ointments between the two of them. Since they’re older and can’t get around anymore, I’ve been driving them back and forth to a vet ophthalmologist in IL. Poor babbthad to have one eye removed it was a mess. I have lost 10 pounds from stress in the past month.

I’m irritated because the bride and groom just decided I had a part in the wedding without telling me until I declined the rehearsal dinner- I am supposed to read a poem/scripture. Like when we’re y’all gonna say something - bc over ummm this whole pandemic thing I was planning on sending a big check and not coming. :look:

I really wish people would be more sensible during this time and rethink weddings and celebrations. I can’t help but feel a sense of selfishness about it.

dancinstallion

Dh tested negative twice. He hasn't called his sister nor has his sister called him. I think she knows what's up and hence the quietness. Dh and ds had 7 of the 11 symptoms we screen for at work. I am little pissed/upset that he is taking it lightly because he is negative and feels better. I told him people die in 3 weeks or less with these symptoms or get intubated. I told him to call his sister because I can't believe they are passing covid around all willy nilly, and everybody is acting like everything is OK, and trying to forget about it, also how is her sick husband and MIL doing? If they are so close why isn't anyone checking on each other when they know family members are sick. He said no he isn't calling her just to feed my ego and he thinks he had the flu.. Da fuq?

Last edited:

Kanky

^^^ I ain’t got my feet done since before the pandemic started, my brows have been touched even longer than that because I swear these people left me one higher than the other so I always had this surprised one eyed look one my face. I’ve gone to my beautician maybe 3 times.

I guess I have to go get that stuff taken care of now to attend my little cousin’s wedding and represent our side of the family because my parents definitely can’t go since our beloved dog suddenly went blind/has an unknown infection a little over a month ago and my mom now has 2 glaucoma patients between him and my dad whose grown behind can’t put a single drop in his eye by himself. There are seven drops/ointments between the two of them. Since they’re older and can’t get around anymore, I’ve been driving them back and forth to a vet ophthalmologist in IL. Poor babbthad to have one eye removed it was a mess. I have lost 10 pounds from stress in the past month.

I’m irritated because the bride and groom just decided I had a part in the wedding without telling me until I declined the rehearsal dinner- I am supposed to read a poem/scripture. Like when we’re y’all gonna say something - bc over ummm this whole pandemic thing I was planning on sending a big check and not coming. :look:

I really wish people would be more sensible during this time and rethink weddings and celebrations. I can’t help but feel a sense of selfishness about it.
I do mani/pedis better than the Koreans now because I have not been in any shop or spa since this mess started. My husband has learned to give a decent massage and I have mastered the at home facial. :lol: I laminated my brows at home because that look requires less precision when shaping. There are too many people pretending to be vaccinated and these kinds of services require too much very close contact for me.

Kanky

My neighbors had a “block party vacation” where they all went to Punta Cana. The street was almost empty for a week. I passed because there is a pandemic and I am not trying to hang out with middle aged white folks like that anyway. They came back and two people (let’s call them Jane and Jim) had breakthrough Covid. Jane and Jim’s spouses did not get breakthrough Covid, but apparently Jane and Jim spent a lot of time together while on vacation. Now there is a for sale sign up at Jane’s house and Jim’s wife is posting cryptic messages about trust and betrayal on Facebook. I kind of wish I’d gone on the trip now. :lol:

Black Ambrosia

This is a reach for Nicki. She said she needed to do more research right around the time she talked about her cousin having an adverse reaction to the vaccine that most people believe was actually an STI. It just makes her look ignorant so her “research” is questionable.

It’s not a good look for Joy to go after another Black woman in front of white people on national tv but I don’t have a problem with what she said. I don’t think she knew it but Nicki is spreading lies and that kind of thing becomes the next uneducated person’s research.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
All the whorish men Nicki be around and it’s easier for her to digest that the vaccine is a more likely explanation for that outcome than an untreated STD.

It reminds me of a Facebook screenshot I posted in the COVID humor thread where a lady was warning others that the vaccine gave her husband a burning sensation when he urinated.

Pro butt shots and anti vaccine is a whole new absurdity low.

Crackers Phinn

So when people think the vaccine requirements aren't working and covid is still doing it's thing...

It makes me wonder how many of these "break through" infection stories being reported are real. I know that vaccinated people can get Covid and depending on their co-morbidities become ill but if unvaxxed people are actually being registered as vaxxed then their cases are skewing the data.

Crackers Phinn

This is a reach for Nicki. She said she needed to do more research right around the time she talked about her cousin having an adverse reaction to the vaccine that most people believe was actually an STI. It just makes her look ignorant so her “research” is questionable.

It’s not a good look for Joy to go after another Black woman in front of white people on national tv but I don’t have a problem with what she said. I don’t think she knew it but Nicki is spreading lies and that kind of thing becomes the next uneducated person’s research.
Naw, it's a good look to dispel dumb pooh, especially as elders. The white people are go be fine. We ain't.

I am all for solidarity between black women and there's a lot that I wouldn't say in mixed company but this foolery needed to be checked. That said, going the "sista sista sista" route in the checking wasn't the best choice. Nicki is known for being loud and wrong and I would have expected exactly the response that she gave so there was no point to appealing to sisterhood. Nicki should have got that straight "you dumb" shether venom said with Joy's whole chest.

oneastrocurlie

My neighbors had a “block party vacation” where they all went to Punta Cana. The street was almost empty for a week. I passed because there is a pandemic and I am not trying to hang out with middle aged white folks like that anyway. They came back and two people (let’s call them Jane and Jim) had breakthrough Covid. Jane and Jim’s spouses did not get breakthrough Covid, but apparently Jane and Jim spent a lot of time together while on vacation. Now there is a for sale sign up at Jane’s house and Jim’s wife is posting cryptic messages about trust and betrayal on Facebook. I kind of wish I’d gone on the trip now. :lol:

Don't let Tyler Perry see this lol

oneastrocurlie

It makes me wonder how many of these "break through" infection stories being reported are real. I know that vaccinated people can get Covid and depending on their co-morbidities become ill but if unvaxxed people are actually being registered as vaxxed then their cases are skewing the data.

Yup. I can totally see people saying they are vaccinated when they aren't. It's like when insurance ask you if you were wearing your seat belt when you get in a fender bender. Even if you weren't wearing one, who's actually gonna admit it?

Kanky

Naw, it's a good look to dispel dumb pooh, especially as elders. The white people are go be fine. We ain't.

I am all for solidarity between black women and there's a lot that I wouldn't say in mixed company but this foolery needed to be checked. That said, going the "sista sista sista" route in the checking wasn't the best choice. Nicki is known for being loud and wrong and I would have expected exactly the response that she gave so there was no point to appealing to sisterhood. Nicki should have got that straight "you dumb" shether venom said with Joy's whole chest.
I am completely disgusted by wealthy people who can afford the best possible medical care telling average black people who already face medical racism and issues with access to quality healthcare that they don’t need to get a vaccine. When they are rationing care in hospitals black people cannot count on getting a fair shot. It is hard enough to be taken seriously by healthcare professionals under good circumstances. Nikki needed to be told about herself. I wonder how many people will die or suffer long term illness because they listened to her stupidity.

Crackers Phinn

Flame Monroe is a transgender who visits the Breakfast Club frequently. "She" is vaccine hesitant because the illegal butt, boob and FACE shots from 20+ years ago done in somebody's garage are unknown substances and Flame ain't tryna rock the boat. I think that is a valid concern. Flame also wears a mask, distances from everybody except barely legal dudes and encourages black folks to do what they think they ought to when it comes to vaccinations.

I'll take do what you think you ought to over the vaccine gave a friend of a friend a broken paynus.

Lylddlebit

Published scientific research papers from the original sources aren't incredibly difficult to follow if you are proficient in statistics or STEM classes at the collegiate or high school level and understand confidence intervals, neither is reading the subject matter in material found at the library but given that the new discussion is triggered by a Nicki Minaj comment that is all most folks will remember.

Last edited:

Kanky

Published scientific research papers from the original sources aren't incredibly difficult to follow if you are proficient in statistics or STEM classes at the collegiate or high school level and understand confidence intervals, neither is reading the subject matter in material found at the library but given that the new discussion is triggered by a Nicki Minaj comment that is all most folks will remember.
This is not what the anti-vax folks are doing, and I’m pretty sure that you know that. :lol: They are sharing Facebook memes, home remedies and conspiracy theories that big pharma is keeping the ivermectin/hydroxychloroquine Covid cure a secret.

Every once and while someone will go and read actual research and then will claim to have discovered a problem that everyone else in the world has missed. They follow that up by posting some chart full of obvious errors and nonsense that people who actually understand the research find immediately but that fools the type of people who share conspiracy theories and home remedies on Facebook.

Last edited: