The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Leeda.the.Paladin

I wont go into detail but I was at an outside event for DS when I saw a lady (that I kinda know) in distress while holding a baby. She has an 8 year old autistic son who was overloaded and throwing a major fit. She wanted to take him to the car to get him calmed.
I offered to hold the baby so she could take care of her other child without having to hold the baby too .

Baby and I were cool for a bit until baby started coughing all over me and the drainage started coming out of her nose. I had a mask in my purse but didnt have it on and didnt think to grab it before I offered help to the mom. Hopefully the baby just had a cold :/ It's my own fault for not keeping my mask with me. I was kind of standing off by myself with my other kids when I saw the mom having trouble.

Kanky

I wont go into detail but I was at an outside event for DS when I saw a lady (that I kinda know) in distress while holding a baby. She has an 8 year old autistic son who was overloaded and throwing a major fit. She wanted to take him to the car to get him calmed.
I offered to hold the baby so she could take care of her other child without having to hold the baby too .

Baby and I were cool for a bit until baby started coughing all over me and the drainage started coming out of her nose. I had a mask in my purse but didnt have it on and didnt think to grab it before I offered help to the mom. Hopefully the baby just had a cold :/ It's my own fault for not keeping my mask with me. I was kind of standing off by myself with my other kids when I saw the mom having trouble.
You are such a sweetheart to do that. A lot of kids have colds and allergies right now. And you were outside which helps. If you are really worried maybe the mom would test and let you know. She might’ve tested already. I’ve taken my kids to be tested over what turned out to be allergies twice. :ohwell:

naturalgyrl5199

My neighbors had a “block party vacation” where they all went to Punta Cana. The street was almost empty for a week. I passed because there is a pandemic and I am not trying to hang out with middle aged white folks like that anyway. They came back and two people (let’s call them Jane and Jim) had breakthrough Covid. Jane and Jim’s spouses did not get breakthrough Covid, but apparently Jane and Jim spent a lot of time together while on vacation. Now there is a for sale sign up at Jane’s house and Jim’s wife is posting cryptic messages about trust and betrayal on Facebook. I kind of wish I’d gone on the trip now. :lol:
I quite enjoyed that tea.

*SIP*

oneastrocurlie

Man it sucks now that have to be on alert about EVERYTHING. The friend who passed her cold to me from her kid needed someone to watch him for a few hours last week. Last time we talked she said he had the sniffles, potentially from starting a new daycare. Nope nope and nope. Could be sniffles, could be covid.

naturalgyrl5199

Oh yeah...no more of that. I was upset with my friend who's 2 month old got it. She only got it cause they had a full rotation of people in and out of the house visiting, hugging, and kissing that baby. Her young husband almost died. They are YOUNG. She is a stay at home mom in school with 3 kids under 3.

naturalgyrl5199

So when people think the vaccine requirements aren't working and covid is still doing it's thing...

They are getting smarter but its REALLY risky. If its like the FL database, you know WHO entered the data, when and where. Like its a MEDICAL RECORD per se and time stamped.

This is ILLEGAL. You'd have to pay me way more than $250 to make it worth my time. Falsifying medical documents? Doing the most. The people who entering the information are probably vaccinated. Plus most of these databases are linked to your name, DOB and many times: SS#

When we were doing Hep A vaccines in the jail due to an outbreak (Feb 2020, when we were first discussing COVID)...and we were entering the inmates vaccine....I had to tell many of them they didn't need it because they had it when they were children back in the 80's and 90's. So a booster wasn't needed. They literally forgot. I said, your mom made sure you were vaccinated as as a child!!! You trust these people TAKING YOUR MONEY...with your personal ish??

PatDM'T

Hope you are OK.

My mask stays
on my chin all
day that I am
out and about
and it has become
second nature to
lift it over my nose
any time I get
ready to approach
people or when
I see them coming.

Antimaskers keep
saying they
cannot hear me
with the mask
on, but I got
good negro
vocal cords
so that's an
easy fix
#IAmFelineThunder
#HearMeRoar
CAN YOU
HEAR ME NOW? :orders:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Published scientific research papers from the original sources aren't incredibly difficult to follow if you are proficient in statistics or STEM classes at the collegiate or high school level and understand confidence intervals, neither is reading the subject matter in material found at the library but given that the new discussion is triggered by a Nicki Minaj comment that is all most folks will remember.
I'm pretty smart at a lot of things but I'll admit to looking for sources that will "dumb down" science and technology for me to understand since that's not my strong point.
You are such a sweetheart to do that. A lot of kids have colds and allergies right now. And you were outside which helps. If you are really worried maybe the mom would test and let you know. She might’ve tested already. I’ve taken my kids to be tested over what turned out to be allergies twice. :ohwell:
Girl she is a saint cuz as soon as that baby started coughin and mucusing it's real possible this would have been me.

I need to stop lying I wouldn't have been holding the baby in the first place. Mama would have had to figure her situation out. I know what kind of person that makes me and I'm ok with that.

Black Ambrosia

dynamic1

Hope you are OK.

My mask stays
on my chin all
day that I am
out and about
and it has become
second nature to
lift it over my nose
any time I get
ready to approach
people or when
I see them coming.

Antimaskers keep
saying they
cannot hear me
with the mask
on, but I got
good negro
vocal cords
so that's an
easy fix
#IAmFelineThunder
#HearMeRoar
CAN YOU
HEAR ME NOW?
:orders:
I have talked to people on the phone double masked with a filter out of necessity in a public space and no one ever asked me to repeat myself.

Sometimes it really is Anti maskers (well mostly) saying they can't hear me with the mask on. However, what I've come to realize is there are some people who listen with their eyes, not just ears and may have poor hearing.

PatDM'T

I have talked to people on the phone double masked with a filter out of necessity in a public space and no one ever asked me to repeat myself.

Sometimes it really is Anti maskers (well mostly) saying they can't hear me with the mask on. However, what I've come to realize is there are some people who listen with their eyes, not just ears and may have poor hearing.
Good point.

Reminds me
how I was so
driven to learn
American Sign
Language when
I worked with a
deaf lady.
I am ashamed
to say I dropped
that ball when
I no longer
worked with her.

Time to pick
it up just
for fun.

Of course
I won't be rude
and use it
with people
who do not
know it, but
I would hate
to make it
difficult for
someone who
may need to
lip read because
they are really deaf.

Ooh...you just
gave me a
good reason
to look for
the masks
someone designed
for deaf people.

Deaf-friendly masks

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness

Some of these folks are definitely just ignorant anti-maskers and likely anti-vaxxers. I had a recent experience in Sprouts where I was looking for hemp seeds. I asked one of the associates where to find them -late 30s, unmasked Black man. He said loudly, "Pimp seeds?" You know what nig!?! You know good got-dern well I didn't say pimp seeds! :angry2: I gave that punk a long piercing glare.

At the same time this white woman associate, masked, walked by so I asked her with no change in my volume, and she said, "Right over here. I'll show you." Didn't have to repeat myself

This isn't my only experience like this in Sprouts (and it only seems to be Sprouts.) I've had multiple times where I ask an unmasked associate about something, and I have to repeat myself, almost always more than once. And I feel they're doing it on purpose. But I ask a masked associate and they can hear me fine the first time.

I'll be relaying all of this to their mgmt, IF I go back.

dynamic1

Some of these folks are definitely just ignorant anti-maskers and likely anti-vaxxers. I had a recent experience in Sprouts where I was looking for hemp seeds. I asked one of the associates where to find them -late 30s, unmasked Black man. He said loudly, "Pimp seeds?" You know what nig!?! You know good got-dern well I didn't say pimp seeds! :angry2: I gave that punk a long piercing glare.

At the same time this white woman associate, masked, walked by so I asked her with no change in my volume, and she said, "Right over here. I'll show you." Didn't have to repeat myself

This isn't my only experience like this in Sprouts (and it only seems to be Sprouts.) I've had multiple times where I ask an unmasked associate about something, and I have to repeat myself, almost always more than once. And I feel they're doing it on purpose. But I ask a masked associate and they can hear me fine the first time.

I'll be relaying all of this to their mgmt, IF I go back.
I've had issues at Sprouts as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one. :giggle: It's not supposed to be funny but he knew you didn't ask for that.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I have only watched Tucker Carlson's show once when Jon Stewart came on and handed him his :moon: If Nicki Minaj's Cousins Friend or his fiancé goes on his show I will give that pooh a view. Do ya'll see the black hole of chaos Nicki Minaj created by being dumb?
If has reached all the way to ME! My husband just called me and said his boss asked if he "got his shot". My husband said yes, my 2nd dose was in July. Then his boss said, "No, your gonorrhea shot!" and then busted out laughing! Lordt this is a mess! :lachen:

Black Ambrosia

Naw, it's a good look to dispel dumb pooh, especially as elders. The white people are go be fine. We ain't.

I am all for solidarity between black women and there's a lot that I wouldn't say in mixed company but this foolery needed to be checked. That said, going the "sista sista sista" route in the checking wasn't the best choice. Nicki is known for being loud and wrong and I would have expected exactly the response that she gave so there was no point to appealing to sisterhood. Nicki should have got that straight "you dumb" shether venom said with Joy's whole chest.
I don’t think Joy was wrong and I’m all for dispelling falsehoods but I’ve seen too many times how the message is lost when this dynamic exists.