The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

LostInAdream

Been at home quarantining bc DD got a sore throat from sleeping with the window open the day the temperature dropped from the high 70’s to low 50’s. I knew exactly the cause but you know with Covid she had to get tested. That was last week Wednesday and we just got the results tonight. Negative of course and her strep was negative as well. I didn't give her any meds except the cough syrup as she had a cough the following day after her sore throat which only lasted a day. Her school was thanking me for keeping her home even though her note said she could return today. I would never jeopardize the well-being of others even before covid. Her school had 40 kids out today and I'm nervous to send her back now :drunk:

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Since there's no cause of death, I suspect as an expert hypochondriac that because her lung x-rays came back clear that she probably died from blood clots. After all the dust settles, I'm almost positive that the link between "healthy" black/black adjacent kids who die unexpectedly from Covid are undiagnosed sickle cell anemia carriers.

People forget that Covid doesn't just attack the lungs. Wherever you're weak, that's what it takes out, it's just that respiratory system is the first place of contact and easiest thing to take out.

Melaninme

dynamic1

Right but you know vitamins are not FDA approved and never have been so people will refuse it based on their rationale for refusing the vaccine. Plus the quality of the vitamins vary.

Will the Walmart brand vitamins be just as effective as the very expensive ones? What about vegan and gluten free vitamins vs traditional OTC vitamins? What about people with absorption issues? Does it work with vitamin injections for them?

Vitamin quality VARIES a ton. The rationale is there. But I'm gonna side eye this effectiveness unless it can be repeated.

Oh and I gobble a ton of vitamins.
Agreed.

Per the acknowledgements the Doctor has patent pending formulations which may be available soon, if not already. I had to dig deep to minimize my skepticism after reading the acknowledgement and I love supps. How do you say there are no conflicts after that? Maybe I need to read it again.

Seems similar to info on University of AZ's Covid-19 page last year regarding supps (shorter list of options) along with a few other medical professionals.

dynamic1

They’re just saying anything now lol

The fan in the window isn't new information. They said this last year I believe but definitely in January on the following page regarding ways to improve ventilation in the home.

ETA: It looks like they pulled it today saying its outdated and they will update the holiday guidance soon.

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

Agreed.

Per the acknowledgements the Doctor has patent pending formulations which may be available soon, if not already. I had to dig deep to minimize my skepticism after reading the acknowledgement and I love supps. How do you say there are no conflicts after that? Maybe I need to read it again.

Seems similar to info on University of AZ's Covid-19 page last year regarding supps (shorter list of options) along with a few other medical professionals.
Once I saw the patent pending formulation, I knew it would be biased. Not that it would not work. Vitamins can work! PERIOD.

Full disclosure: in 2007 I found a lump in my breast, my primary doctor (a former OB/GYN now in Family Practice) confirmed it and was referred to an orthopedic surgeon. He thought it was awesome I had a degree in Clinical Nutrition. Once we realized it was benign, he put me on a vitamin treatment to rid the lump based on 1 paper. OTC vitamins. No drugs....Nothing that he was selling. So he was not making money other than visit/consult fees.
I was required to check back with him every 3 months for 18 months.
It worked within a few months. The lump never came back.
PERIOD.

Doesn't mean it will work for everyone. And treatments like that in the above paper SHOULD be under the supervision of a Medical Doctor because it is a treatment plan. Heck in Florida a Health Coach or ND would be fined HEAVILY and dragged into court if someone other than a Licensed Dietitian like myself or Medical Doctor recommended a treatment plan FOR a doctor-diagnosed medical condition.

However, what is likely to happen is this patent-pending product will drop, and people with beg for it in mass quantities based on this paper and similar ones. Then accuse the CDC and FDA (who cannot approve supplements by Federal Law) of "keeping the cure." The demand for the product will go up...its investors will get rich and those with means and willing doctors will receive the treatment. Poor people, working class people will not. Same for the Hydrochloroquine, same for the ECMO treatment if you can get it, and same for the situation with Regeneron or other antibody treatments that black people seem to not have access to.
Rinse
Repeat.

naturalgyrl5199

And see this is why I act the way I act. My kid had Chronic Lung Disease and survived COVID-19. Point being, nobody can predict how they will react with COVID in their body.

Right now she been having an attitude in school because the weather is changing and she has a cold (no fever, no temp, no headache, no taste issues) and the kids in school keep asking her if she has COVID. The weather is changing here..... Its ironic that she didn't even have a runny nose with COVID. But allergies are aggravating the HECK OUT OF HER.

Evolving78

The fan in the window isn't new information. They said this last year I believe but definitely in January on the following page regarding ways to improve ventilation in the home.

ETA: It looks like they pulled it today saying its outdated and they will update the holiday guidance soon.

My child’s school said they are using fresh air and fans for ventilation instead of using the money they were given and saved during the lockdown to update the ventilation system…

yamilee21

They’re just saying anything now lol

Not really; for example, the open windows and fan circulating air have been recommended from early on, albeit from other sources. The NY Times had an article at the beginning of the pandemic about how the seemingly strange design of New York City homes, with radiators placed directly under windows, came about during the 1918 flu pandemic, because windows were supposed to be kept open while the heat was on, to prevent airborne transmission of disease. Later on the paper had another illustrated article to show how open windows make a big difference. If transmission outdoors is less likely, opening windows is a way to bring “outdoors” inside.

Last edited:

vevster

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I can't imagine carrying on any type of business or personal relationship with someone if I found out they let me think they were vaccinated and later let it slip they had a fake vax card. I'm careful because I assume everybody around me is unvaxxed even if they tell me they are but it's a whole nother thing to know somebody is actually trying to lull me into a sense of security.

Maynnnn It's go have to be Throat Punch Thursday all week.

yamilee21

There’s an amusing fake vaccine card story I know about (but I cannot share my source so please don’t ask, :lol: ). One of the very fancy 50K tuition/year schools decided to require vaccines for students 12 and up. Some parents tried to be slick about it, and bought fake vaccine cards for their kids. Except they weren’t slick enough, and bought *Moderna* cards instead of Pfizer cards. :look: If you can spend 50K on your child’s tuition, you ought to be able to buy the correct fake vaccine card for them too. :lachen:

Black Ambrosia

There’s an amusing fake vaccine card story I know about (but I cannot share my source so please don’t ask, :lol: ). One of the very fancy 50K tuition/year schools decided to require vaccines for students 12 and up. Some parents tried to be slick about it, and bought fake vaccine cards for their kids. Except they weren’t slick enough, and bought *Moderna* cards instead of Pfizer cards. :look: If you can spend 50K on your child’s tuition, you ought to be able to buy the correct fake vaccine card for them too. :lachen:
These people are obviously too stupid for scheming. They should never consider a life of crime.

Kanky

For some reason these kinds of articles never lead with the most important information. I guess no one would click on a headline that says that vaccines are working as expected.

Both figures remain a tiny percentage of the total number of all people who have been vaccinated -- just 0.03% of vaccinated people have been hospitalized, and 0.87% have had confirmed infections. An even smaller percentage has died: 0.006%.