The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Evolving78

Well everyone was talking about why flu cases were down last year and now there are outbreaks happening at large universities. Oh and these kids will be coming home this week for the holidays… the lockdown and remote learning kept a lot of things under control. I guess I will get my teens and I the flu shot and get my youngster the Covid vaccine. We will do that over the holiday weekend.

Last edited:

sunshinebeautiful

Well everyone was talking about why flu cases were down last year and now there are outbreaks happening at large universities. Oh and these kids will be coming home this week for the holidays… the lockdown and remote learning kept a lot of things under control. I guess I will get my teens and I the flu shot and get my youngster the Covid vaccine. We will do that over the holiday weekend.

I'm about to do the same thing and go on and get this flu shot

oneastrocurlie

Politicians want to block it but medical professionals are saying please don't.

Several dozen health care experts also signed onto the joint statement, including Michelle Williams and Ashish Jha, the deans of Harvard University and Brown University’s public health schools, respectively; Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute; former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Thomas R. Frieden; and former White House coronavirus adviser Andy Slavitt.

The health care groups’ push conflicts with Republican-led efforts to blunt Biden’s vaccine-or-testing mandate. All 50 Senate Republicans on Wednesday filed a formal challenge through the Congressional Review Act, which allows Congress to overturn rules issued by federal agencies if a majority in both chambers oppose them. A congressional vote on the rule is expected in coming weeks.

Melaninme

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
Scheduled for my booster on Friday. My mom had hers today. Both of us are Moderna girls.
Had my booster Friday around 3:30pm. Like clockwork the fever (99.6 is the high so far) started around 3pm today. It’s gone down and up and sitting around 99.4 at the moment. Tired, headachy off and on, and entire left arm aches up to my neck and shoulders.

I’ll be fine though and I’m cheering :weird:on my little T and B cells who’ve obviously said, “WTH, I thought we dealt with this spike protein crap months ago. Everyone line up for duty! Time to kick some spike protein butt!!”:brucelee:

MamaBear2012

Took my 5 year old and 9 year old for their 1st shot today. It was easy peasy. I told my son that if his arm is sore when he wakes up, we will just stream church online. When DH went to tuck him into bed he was like, "I think my arm will be sore in the morning." :lachen:

When we went to the site for the vaccinations, the woman was like, "You're doing all three of you?" I said, "Just those two." She said, "For testing?" I was like, "Nope, their first vaccination shot." I should have thought about my booster. I need to check and see when I'm supposed to do that. Is there a time frame from when you had your second shot? I think my second one was at the end of April.

One of the Pre-K classes at my kids' school had to quarantine on Wednesday. A lot of kids at the school are vaccinated. A lot of them. I do some volunteer stuff at the school and I've had so many of those kids want to show me their bandaid from their shot. But of course our little 4 y/o Pre-K kids aren't eligible for the vaccine yet, so I'm thinking they were just being cautious after a positive case in the class.

starfish

Cases are surging in Colorado according to the LA Times. (I can't seem to post the link to the article). California's population is just as vaccinated (62.8%) as theirs (62.7%) so we're paying close attention. I'm starting to get paranoid about it all over again, even though I'm triple vaccinated. I just might start wearing a n95 out instead of just a surgical mask. I feel like we'll have to get boosters like we get flu shots. I'm here for ALL the shots.

naturalgyrl5199

Yep.
Flu hit FAMU and FSU campuses hard last week. We are tracking it at my job right now.

Black Ambrosia

I thought I was going to be able to waltz into a pharmacy this weekend and get my booster. Sike. First available was 12/7.
A relative was just saying how she can't get an appointment at any of the pharmacies. She wishes she had gone for her booster before they opened it up to everyone (she's older) because now it's a lot harder to get in quickly.