The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Everything Zen

It’s a well known fact that our true CEO thinks we should consider ourselves lucky to work for him. Last year we took on even more projects on top of impossible constantly moving deadlines, no resources and they made Juneteenth a floating “All Lives Matter” holiday o stead of giving the actual day off. The puppet CEO made an empty platitude statement about diversity and inclusion on the anniversary date of Juneteenth when there isn’t a single black man or woman in leadership and on the board of directors. The only reason I was even promoted to my role was because someone quit because the project is impossible and the VP (who also recently quit) had to apologize to me last year when he repeatedly disrespected me for openly refusing to acknowledging my role as the SME in our department in helping teach and train our sites on a novel cellular therapeutic product but gave all the credit to an incompetent white trial manager that I was forced to work under and carry the entire time. I am the lowest paid trial manager doing the most work leading directors on the most high profile project and when I applied for an associate director role in another department that the previous AD knew I was perfect for and told the Director that he thought very highly of me for they completely changed the job description so I would not be eligible. This among many other reasons is why I decided to start courting the multiple much higher paying offers being flung at me and why I am about about to join my third round interview in 5 minutes. #greatresignation
Update: I accepted a formal offer on Thanksgiving (it’s a Dutch company). 75k (yes seventy five) increase in base salary for the same work with a better title. 100% Work from home minimal travel to the Cambridge office a few times a year and the Netherlands once annually whenever things return to normal. I have now tripled my income in less than 3 years. #thisishowwedoit

935DCE72-5974-4E9F-ADA6-0090E763C68D.gif

Last edited:

Black Ambrosia

Update: I accepted a formal offer on Thanksgiving (it’s a Dutch company). 75k (yes seventy five) increase in base salary for the same work with a better title. 100% Work from home minimal travel to the Cambridge office a few times a year and the Netherlands once annually whenever things return to normal. I have now tripled my income in less than 3 years. #thisishowwedoit

View attachment 477143
I thought I was doing big things doubling my salary in less than 3 years. I wanna be like you. You are officially my hero.

Congratulations!!! The new year is looking bright.

BrownBetty

View attachment 477143
You better do it!!!! You deserve! Congratulations!

BrownBetty

Dating in the panncotta:
I asked dude if he was vaxxed. He pitched a fit while telling me no. Was I not suppose to ask? I would of been fine meeting up outside but no he wants to meet indoors. I was confused. He has access to all 3 vaccines but refuses to be vaxxed. How you mad at me? He said it was all good. I told him to enjoy his time with someone else.

Last edited:

Black Ambrosia

Dating in the panncotta:
I asked dude if he wa vaxxed. He pitched a fit while telling me no. Was I not suppose to ask? I would of been fine meeting up outside but no he wants to meet indoors. I was confused. He has access to all 3 vaccines but refuses to be vaxxed. How you mad at me? He said it was all good. I told him to enjoy his time with someone else.
I've met 2 unvaccinated guys. One says they were done to quick so he doesn't trust them. The other says he typically has a bad allergic reaction and his doctor advised against it. The first guy lost major points. The second guy I'm undecided on. I don't want to assume he's lying but I'm suspicious. It hasn't been an issue because he works 2 jobs and has a few side hustles so there's no time to actually date him. Also, he volunteered that he was cheap so I friend zoned him mentally.

So yeah... dating in the panaconda is interesting.

BrownBetty

I've met 2 unvaccinated guys. One says they were done to quick so he doesn't trust them. The other says he typically has a bad allergic reaction and his doctor advised against it. The first guy lost major points. The second guy I'm undecided on. I don't want to assume he's lying but I'm suspicious. It hasn't been an issue because he works 2 jobs and has a few side hustles so there's no time to actually date him. Also, he volunteered that he was cheap so I friend zoned him mentally.

So yeah... dating in the panaconda is interesting.
Nah cheap gotta go... cheap and unvaxxed? Too many hurdles.
I have met one person who's PCP told them to wait on getting the vaxxed but that was months ago. Then they decided on getting it and was fine. I have heard this allergic reaction bit twice today already.
I'm also tired of it was too quick excuse, exhausting.

It is all a mess...

Last edited:

PatDM'T

Saw this on
Facebook:

And the post
below in LinkedIn
but one of the
comments does
explain that because
of HIV, people are
more susceptible
to getting infected
so it may not
just be good science
finding the virus
before anyone else
but also that the
variants are more
likely to happen in
immunocompromised
people.

Ganjababy

View attachment 477143
WOW! Congratulation! You deserve this!

Evolving78

@LostInAdream
Maybe give her something to hold in her other hand and tell her it’s like a quick little snap.
Did she have on a short sleeve shirt? If not, have her wear one next time.
I understand how you feel! My child will put on a show and people will have to come and help me hold him down! But this time I was discrete, told them he has special needs and they need to be quick about it and not to make it a big deal. tell them they need to be discrete and quick about it next time, because she will have to get her other vaccines either next year or at 10 years of age I think.

Last edited:

OhTall1

View attachment 477143

naturalgyrl5199

View attachment 477143
YASSSS! Congratulations.

naturalgyrl5199

I agree with the above about South Africa. Some of the leading Public Health professionals are in Africa and believe it or not, here in the South. Kudos to them for isolating it. And the Journalists are DEF very lazy. The WHO has come out blasting the western world's decision to prevent entering flights from there. I am on the fence because we need to protect our borders. But actual facts matter to me.

They were super fast to jump on an idea that an African nation started "something." Almost every darn endemic, pandemic starts in Europe or Asia.

sunshinebeautiful

View attachment 477143

GIRL. I AM INSPIRED!!!

LostInAdream

What is she afraid of?
She afraid of needles, says it hurts even tho she can’t remember her last prick. They tried to have me hold her but she freaked out and was too much for me to hold. I really didn’t like doing it either. I have to find her a place that specializes in kids with fears of needles. We had a good one when she was younger but we moved out of state.

LostInAdream

@LostInAdream
Maybe give her something to hold in her other hand and tell her it’s like a quick little snap.
Did she have on a short sleeve shirt? If not, have her wear one next time.
I understand how you feel! My child will put on a show and people will have to come and help me hold him down! But this time I was discrete, told them he has special needs and they need to be quick about it and not to make it a big deal. tell them they need to be discrete and quick about it next time, because she will have to get her other vaccines either next year or at 10 years of age I think.
I’ll see, she’s going to think about it and let me know when she’s ready to try again.
She did have a short sleeves shirt on. I’ll bring her pop it next time as it calms her. She’s very dramatic so this is our usual lol.

SoniT

She afraid of needles, says it hurts even tho she can’t remember her last prick. They tried to have me hold her but she freaked out and was too much for me to hold. I really didn’t like doing it either. I have to find her a place that specializes in kids with fears of needles. We had a good one when she was younger but we moved out of state.
Aww, I hope you can find a place that's best for her. I used to be terrified of needles too. I remember my grandmother would hold me in her lap and have me look out the window or do something else that would distract me while I got the needle. The needle for this vaccine doesn't hurt at all (at least not to me) but I know your daughter is too young to understand. Hopefully you'll find another place soon.