there is any
beauty therapy we
have not tried.

Here is one
thread where the
topical use for beauty
was discussed and
reviewed: Urine Therapy

Right :lol: I was about to say the first time I heard about it was on this here forum.

naturalgyrl5199

naturalgyrl5199

Of Course DeSatan does his "State of the State" address DURING work hours when millions of Floridians are at their jobs. i caught the Democratic response via NPR my local news station. But he is trife as usual and pandering to his unemployed wack-job base/--especially retirees. Of course he talked about a bunch of nothing.

BrownBetty

@naturalgyrl5199 - I empathize. The best thing you can do it what you are doing... let go and take care of yourself. My mom has been exposed numerous times and then caught covid. She isn't vaxxed, refuses to be, and doesn't mask. She been out in these streets since 2020. Traveling, going to people's house willy nilly, operating as if it is 2019. I love her from afar and hope for the best.

@Everything Zen - I am tired. I have multiple family members that have covid or are on the tail end. Majority aren't vaxxed. It is exhausting but I have given up. They are going to do what they want and my worrying won't stop them or change their minds.

Folks are interpreting this five day quarantine how they feel. My cousin caught covid last weekend. I heard they were at a concert this past Saturday. Not vaxxed and very much symptomatic. One of their kids is symptomatic also. Their family isn't isolating. The rest of the family is still going to school and work. I just found out and was shocked. It is all a mess.

sunshinebeautiful

Two of my besties (they don't know each other) both have covid as of this week. One is asymptomatic and the only reason she knows is because a household member is positive and she went to get tested. The other is sick with flu symptoms.

I'm working from home this week. Hopefully for the forseeable future the way this whole thing is going down. Meanwhile, our university has special ordered 2 N95 masks for every staff member while in-person classes started up again yesterday. 2 so that they can be "cleaned" and alternate. (Is cleaning a N95 mask a thing? I thought not, so IDK how long these 2 masks are actually gonna last?) :nono:

Whew, let's see what unfolds over the next few weeks.

SpiritJunkie

i've been sick for a few days. it started with an itchy throat then fever and body ache. now, no fever but the body ache and stuffy nose are rampant. it so bad it feels like someone kicked me in my back. difficulties to get up and lie down. I've been at home isolating although I tested negative twice w/home test. this Omricon is lethal and moving fast. I know too many people this time around catching it but the symptoms vary.

neeki

Urine Therapy, aka
Amaroli is an
ancient Yoga practice.

I don't think
there is any
beauty therapy we
have not tried.

Here is one
thread where the
topical use for beauty
was discussed and
reviewed: Urine Therapy
This is the 25 page thread that I used to follow. Some people were drinking it, but most used it on their skin or hair. I wanted to try it, but couldn't find the courage.

neeki

i've been sick for a few days. it started with an itchy throat then fever and body ache. now, no fever but the body ache and stuffy nose are rampant. it so bad it feels like someone kicked me in my back. difficulties to get up and lie down. I've been at home isolating although I tested negative twice w/home test. this Omricon is lethal and moving fast. I know too many people this time around catching it but the symptoms vary.
I hope you’re feeling better soon. It's hard to know when to know if the tests are accurate. A coworker said he tested negative twice at a testing center, but his home test was positive. He had cold like symptoms and so he isolated from his family for a week.

Everything Zen

Two of my besties (they don't know each other) both have covid as of this week. One is asymptomatic and the only reason she knows is because a household member is positive and she went to get tested. The other is sick with flu symptoms.

I'm working from home this week. Hopefully for the forseeable future the way this whole thing is going down. Meanwhile, our university has special ordered 2 N95 masks for every staff member while in-person classes started up again yesterday. 2 so that they can be "cleaned" and alternate. (Is cleaning a N95 mask a thing? I thought not, so IDK how long these 2 masks are actually gonna last?) :nono:

Whew, let's see what unfolds over the next few weeks.
Unfortunately yes due to the shortage N95s can be reused they say up to 25 times but that’s so :censored: disgusting I can’t even. My former CEO gave us Clinical monitors three N95s each from his stash last year as the only staff in the entire organization required to travel (I told my boss I wasn’t going anywhere kept my job and got a promotion) and we were required to wear them along with a face shield while flying and told to clean and reuse them and it was grimy as hell. I don’t even want to hear anything the CDC is talking about these days so here’s some guidance from Cornell:

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
I have questions and concerns.

Dogs are amazing in terms of what they can detect via scent. I forget exactly but I think they have thousands more scent receptors. I heard it explained as, if a scent was a color they can “see” it with their noses as a distinct “color” which is how they can sniff out drugs and corpses and track people. Cats can do it to a certain extent (but they DGAF or follow orders, lol) and they apparently can detect when someone’s about to die based on smell.

TrulyBlessed

Dogs are amazing in terms of what they can detect via scent. I forget exactly but I think they have thousands more scent receptors. I heard it explained as, if a scent was a color they can “see” it with their noses as a distinct “color” which is how they can sniff out drugs and corpses and track people. Cats can do it to a certain extent (but they DGAF or follow orders, lol) and they apparently can detect when someone’s about to die based on smell.

I want to know if this puts the dogs at risk for catching COVID-19 and God forbid a canine variant comes about that’s transmissible to animals as well as humans. On CNN they had one of these dogs sniffing a guy’s mask.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
So my mom and I talked yesterday after me avoiding her for 1 week. I'm undone.

We talked for an hour yesterday and she swears that she "misheard me" when I asked if she "didn't take a test because she 'felt fine.' after her husband tested positive. Then she alludes to the fact that her friends were sitting right there in front of her and she didn't want to go into details. My husband made me feel bad for avoiding her because his mother recently passed and that's the only mom I have---Like FACTS. But I legit had what I think was a nervous breakdown somewhere between Friday and Saturday and so because I'm pretty sure my biochemistry was off, I was out of anything positive to do or say and I had just enough energy to tend to my family. Like I couldn't bare anything else. Week 1 of this year was literally a nightmare...NOT TO MENTION I got a silk press for the 1st time in 6 years on Friday afternoon and by Sunday it was puffed up. So you KNNNNOOOOWWW ya girl was a lil salty about that!!!!!!!

Then mom calls to tell me about this cruise her friends are paying for...Like se forgot she told me so she called me just now to "remind me." She swore she'd be careful, and I just told her to check CDC recommendations. I told her about possible excursion cancellations if the folk on the boat have too man breakthrough infections, and having to stay adrift until your scheduled return or whatever. But she told me she has to "think positively" and that she can't hear that right now.

I'm about to go into a board meeting right now...but I don't know. Admittingly mom wears the equivalent of a Hazmat to Walmart and so are her little friends. But still....its my mom and I don't need this kind of stress. But I'm not saying **** else about it. My mental health is on ice right now.
I am not the biggest on family at all but she is grown your the daughter not the parent. She is going to do her. You have to look out for you. Still love but folks have shown over the past 2 yrs who they are and what their focus is esp with pandemic fatigue

Ganjababy

Quebec is thinking of charging unvaccinated folks. Not sure I like that idea. It seems so dystopian and will not address the reasons why some people are refusing vaccines.

I totally understand the frustration and see the terrible effects of having one unvaccinated person among vulnerable people. But though this person is not black. I empathized and understood the reasoning behind their decision which was (IMO) based on mistrust of the system due generational trauma and the experience of racism and social exclusion.

So I am having mixed feelings about this. Because it will adversely affect those parts of the population who cannot afford to be further excluded and those who can least afford monetary penalization. It is a slippery slope.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I am not the biggest on family at all but she is grown your the daughter not the parent. She is going to do her. You have to look out for you. Still love but folks have shown over the past 2 yrs who they are and what their focus is esp with pandemic fatigue
But if mom gets sick, the family will want all hands on deck on who will take care of her. Either you are in or out when it comes to parents. I’m one of those out children.. you don’t listen to me, you get what you get.

Evolving78

Quebec is thinking of charging unvaccinated folks. Not sure I like that idea. It seems so dystopian and will not address the reasons why some people are refusing vaccines.

I totally understand the frustration and see the terrible effects of having one unvaccinated person among vulnerable people. But though this person is not black. I empathized and understood the reasoning behind their decision which was (IMO) based on mistrust of the system due generational trauma and the experience of racism and social exclusion.

So I am having mixed feelings about this. Because it will adversely affect those parts of the population who cannot afford to be further excluded and those who can least afford monetary penalization. It is a slippery slope.
I can’t even get behind or empathize with that mistrust and trauma reasoning anymore. Many of us have had trauma and maltreatment at the hands of healthcare providers. They have no problem taking all the medication in the world for other ailments, but not this?!?? Not falling for that lame excuse anymore. Just being defiant because they can.

Ganjababy

I can’t even get behind or empathize with that mistrust and trauma reasoning anymore. Many of us have had trauma and maltreatment at the hands of healthcare providers. They have no problem taking all the medication in the world for other ailments, but not this?!?? Not falling for that lame excuse anymore. Just being defiant because they can.
I am fed up also. Y’all need to pray for me because I have decided to speak to this one person when I see them. Minority to minority. I will not tell them I think that they are responsible for the current outbreak and deaths. But I need to say something.

naturalgyrl5199

Hard facts but it is what it is. But I am big on family and it hurts no less. We buried both my husband's parents in 2018 and 2021 and his best friend in 2021--all died due to personal choices---not accidental at all. It hurts no less. And its my mother. Like dang. We were very very close. Thats the part I'm walking through. I have to legit get therapy anyway because as close as my mom and I was, her ISH from childhood is bleeding off on me--so there is that too.

Evolving78

@naturalgyrl5199
I’m there with you. I watched an episode of Hoarders and the mother hoarded her house out, got a kidney transplant and the daughter had to take her in, but the daughter was angry and had a lot of built up resentment over how her mother traumatized her with her hoarding and emotional neglect, and how she improperly took care of her own parents (mother). She was happy the house was clean again, but you can tell she was done with her mother.

yamilee21

Quebec is always on another level. But it will probably end up impacting First Nations people the most, instead of the obnoxious Québécois that are actively spreading Covid and being reckless on purpose.

secretdiamond

Got a call today that someone from a birthday dinner I attended last Friday tested positive (It was done at a speak easy, not open to the public). All of sudden, I noticed a scratchy throat. :look:

Had been feeling fine and still did. Got a rapid test. Negative! Thank God. Now, my throat feels fine. :lol: 2 years running and still dodging this thing. I'm fully vaccinated and boosted, but not sure how much longer my streak will go on with this Omicron.