The "Creamy Crack" called me back

nickpoopie

After 6 months post relaxer, I gave in. I am so disappointed in myself but I just got tired of the breakage. My routine was shampoo, deep condition, moisturizing conditioner, blow dry and flat iron. It was probably too much heat because I blow dried on medium setting and flat ironed on 401. Now I'm back to rollersets and I must say that I've missed them but I wish I could have transitioned longer. My focus now is to have a healthy relaxed head of hair. I'm currently taking biotin and MSM tablets and drinking tons of water to carry them (so no break-outs). It's been 3 weeks and I feel the new growth already and my nails are long, hard and strong. Can someone explain to me how to seal your ends and what is the purpose for doing it? I'm shoulder length aiming for APL by December. Give me tips and suggestions to get there.

xcuzememiss

Don't beat yourself up! Just make sure you care for your relaxed hair! Sealing your hair helps keep the moisture in your hair. This ultimately leads to better retention and less breakage. You first must moisturize your hair (pref. water based product) or after a moisturizng DC, then you seal with either an oil, or my preference a silicone (chi silk infusion is my go to).

lamaria211

I was natural for 3+ years and I just recently telaxed and I'm happy as a fly on sh*t. There are plenty women with healthy long relaxed hair here for support :)

neeki

I was natural for 3+ years and I just recently telaxed and I'm happy as a fly on sh*t. There are plenty women with healthy long relaxed hair here for support :)

Can I ask how you texlaxed? Did you do it yourself or did you go to a salon. I've been natural (again) for the past 4 years, but I can't take it anymore. My natural hair is just too time consuming. Even just a ponytail takes forever.

The last time I went to a salon for a texturizer, there was no texture left in my hair, even when wet. Maybe I misunderstood what a texturizer is. I thought it would my texture, but a little loser. But the stylist thought it was processed as a regular relaxer, but not bone straight.

amwcah

Can I ask how you texlaxed? Did you do it yourself or did you go to a salon. I've been natural (again) for the past 4 years, but I can't take it anymore. My natural hair is just too time consuming. Even just a ponytail takes forever.

The last time I went to a salon for a texturizer, there was no texture left in my hair, even when wet. Maybe I misunderstood what a texturizer is. I thought it would my texture, but a little loser. But the stylist thought it was processed as a regular relaxer, but not bone straight.

Not that you asked me, but I texlax by adding EVOO(1/3 c) to my relaxer to slow down the relaxer process. I leave it on the recommended time for fine hair and rinse immediately. Also, I recently switched to LYE relaxers because they are not as drying as No-LYE relaxers.

HTH

lamaria211

I used ORS Relaxer regular strength and instead of leaving it in for the suggested amount of time for my hair which is about 20 mins I only left it in for about 12-13 here are some before and after pics. Hth

ForumRunner_20120915_155034.jpg

ForumRunner_20120915_155112.jpg

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
After 6 months post relaxer, I gave in. I am so disappointed in myself but I just got tired of the breakage. My routine was shampoo, deep condition, moisturizing conditioner, blow dry and flat iron. It was probably too much heat because I blow dried on medium setting and flat ironed on 401. Now I'm back to rollersets and I must say that I've missed them but I wish I could have transitioned longer. My focus now is to have a healthy relaxed head of hair. I'm currently taking biotin and MSM tablets and drinking tons of water to carry them (so no break-outs). It's been 3 weeks and I feel the new growth already and my nails are long, hard and strong. Can someone explain to me how to seal your ends and what is the purpose for doing it? I'm shoulder length aiming for APL by December. Give me tips and suggestions to get there.

I understand. I went 8 months trying to transition and I threw in the towel. It was way too much maintenance. Maybe if I a looser curl pattern then I would def consider going natural but I don't and because of this, I don't feel its worth it to me. But I can only speak for myself. M&S helps with breakage from dryness. I soak my ends in a creamy moisturizer when I wear my wigs.

neeki

lamaria211 and amwcah

Do either of you use a comb when texlaxing? I think I lost all my texture when the stylist combed the relaxer thru my hair.

Another stylist thinks that the Aveda Keratin Treatment would give me the results I want, but I've read a lot of negative things about keratin treatments.

karenjoe

I tried the natural route. 10 mos it ain't me.
I'm only 16 weeks post now. I've tried different conditioners & rinses. My hair is softer, bigger & poofy+ its growing. I'll hit the crack every 6 mos next yr, but that's it
I'm hooked on the creamy crack & proud of it.
when I want a curly look I can wash twist it & go....

amwcah

Do either of you use a comb when texlaxing? I think I lost all my texture when the stylist combed the relaxer thru my hair.

Another stylist thinks that the Aveda Keratin Treatment would give me the results I want, but I've read a lot of negative things about keratin treatments.

neeki

No, not at all. I smooth very little with my fingertips.

nickpoopie

pre_medicalrulz

Your hair looks great. I washed my hair this past weekend and while it was soaking wet I applied argan oil all over but paid special attention to my ends. Afterwards I just did a quick wrap and sat under the dryer for 30 minutes and let it air dry the rest of the way. I must say my hair ends looked great, normally they look all dry but this really worked.