The Curly Pudding Experiment...PICS!!

Syrah

www.fotki.com/mynadidas

So this weekend I got to feeling like a scientist and tried another experiment - Curly Pudding (thanks to SO1913 and her pretty curls). :lol: There are:
1. Before pictures (so you can see what I was working with).
2. During pictures (what my hair looks like after I shampoo but before I condition).
3. The results
4. What it looked like in the morning.

Because I'm lazy I didn't do any serious regimen-ty type stuff. Washed. Condiitioned. Applied some leave in. Went to town with the curly pudding section by section (about 4 sections, horizontally around my head). No Shingling (because I'm lazy). No twisting (because I'm lazy). I just appled and finger-combed through (because I'm lazy). I sat under the hooded dryer for about 7 minutes (because I got hot HAHA). Pulled the bangs out of my face and left the house.

I used a combination of Curly Pudding and Fantasia IC Styling Gel with Sparkalites (the blue one). Alcohol Free. No stickiness!!! WOOHOO!!

Seriously: I minimized the routing because I wanted to see what MY hair would look like with the curly pudding before I started experimenting with different techniques - so I had a base point to compare. Ya know "Ok, this is my hair with just the pudding. This is my hair after shingling. It looks the same so no more damn shingling"...type thing.

After using the pudding, I will say that I understand why they recommend the buttercreme. My hair got dry quick (and it was humid out). And finding something to apply to the hair that won't cuz reverting shrinkage seems to be key. I used Elasta QP's Oil Moisturizer (because I needed to finish the bottle)...next time I will try some of the KeraCare oil moisturizer with Jojoba Oil (LITE)...and if that doesn't work, I may have to fork over the $$$ and get the Baby Buttercreme. :::Dear lord PLEASE let the KeraCare do the trick:::

I didn't wrap my hair that night - because I went out, had some drinks and went to sleep HAHA...so there are a few pics of what it looked like in the morning - with me sleeping freely! Enjoy!!

www.fotki.com/mynadidas

Syrah

about 2.5 years. I had my last relaxer January of 2004. I did the Big Chop in October of 2004.

aileenadq

Lovely, MsNAdi!

Question: Where did you purchase the Curlypudding? What are the ingredients?

Great job!

Oh yeah- how long did all of it take?

A

Syrah

aileenadq said:
Lovely, MsNAdi!

Great job!

A

I purchased the CurlyPudding at Salon 1462 in Los Angeles. I got their information off of the Miss Jessie's Website. I also used Fantasia IC Gel with Sparkalites (the one for COlor Treated hair). I might try it again next time and not use any of the curly pudding. I don't have the ingredients with me but I will post them later.

How long did it take? About 15 minutes once I was out the shower. Keep in mind I didn't do any of the shingling/twisting because I wanted to see what it would do to MY hair first.

santia

Nice looking curls:clapping: So what do you think gave the better result? single product or combined?

Lucia

aileenadq said:
Lovely, MsNAdi!

Great job!

A

Curly pudding:
Purified water, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera gel, carbomer, tocopherol acetate, sweet almond oil, milk protein, vitamin E, panthenol, pectin, seet orange oil extract,
It also has parabens.

naturaline

lovely!!! i may try this tomorrow just with the Fantasia IC Styling Gel with Sparkalites- (i only have the clear one)

MzTami

Hellerrrr
:up: Your hair looks beautifullll(That's with 4 L's)
I'm voting for you for August feature of the month. ;)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

^^^How do you vote for future of the Month?? TIA.

Also the curls are just Lovely! Especially the next day, I'm loving it. I would have thought there was no products added at all, just lovely.;)

MzTami

Hellerrrr
BeautifulWideEyes said:
^^^How do you vote for future of the Month?? TIA.

Also the curls are just Lovely! Especially the next day, I'm loving it. I would have thought there was no products added at all, just lovely.;)

I don't know. I was hoping the mods will read my message and count my vote. :)

jasmine26

mznadi, that combination made your hair look really nice!!!! Your hair is beautiful! i also recently been using curly pudding, and all the problems you've mentioned, i can relate! our hair looks similiar. I also have a problem with dryness with the curly pudding and i use it with elucence. that is my best combination to date with curly pudding. but if i can get my hands on that blue fantasia gel, i'll give that a try. how long did it take for your hair to dry! If you find moisturizing creme let me know, i don't want to pay that much money for some buttercreme:(

so1913

Very nice results! I haven't tried mixing the two and actually haven't used CP in a minute, been sticking with Fantasia. Anyways, you have some beautiful hair!