The Curly Pudding Experiment...PICS!!

MzTami

Hellerrrr
deeshortesthair said:
I luv it I wnt to run out n buy some now even tho I only $50.00 in th e bank.
Have you tried the Fantasia IC? It makes my hair really curly, and it's cheaper than the pudding. :)

Syrah

so1913 said:
Very nice results! I haven't tried mixing the two and actually haven't used CP in a minute, been sticking with Fantasia. Anyways, you have some beautiful hair!
You are the reason I gave this mess a shot...and I mean that as a good thing. Since I stopped relaxing my hair, I've been looking at a LOT of albums to find folks with textures similar to mine. Came across a lot of ladies with beautiful hair, but none with the "do-what-it-feels-like-curls-nocurls-wavy-curls" texture that I have until I saw yours. "Thank you lawd...someone with hair like mine that has found cute styles!!!!! AMEN!!!!"

So I gave it a shot. I'm not sure that I love it, quite yet - but I like it enough to keep experimenting.

Questions for you:
1. How do you maintain when use just the IC Gel? Do you tie it up, or re-twist? What do you do to it in the morning?

2. What do you use for moisture? Is this where the buttercreme, despite being expensive, becomes necessary?!

Syrah

Thanks ladies for the compliments. LOL - I will keep experimenting and see what works best for me and keep ya'll posted.

Note: The "buckwheat-lookin experiment results" photos have been removed to protect the eyes of the innocent.

so1913

MsNadi said:
You are the reason I gave this mess a shot...and I mean that as a good thing. Since I stopped relaxing my hair, I've been looking at a LOT of albums to find folks with textures similar to mine. Came across a lot of ladies with beautiful hair, but none with the "do-what-it-feels-like-curls-nocurls-wavy-curls" texture that I have until I saw yours. "Thank you lawd...someone with hair like mine that has found cute styles!!!!! AMEN!!!!"

So I gave it a shot. I'm not sure that I love it, quite yet - but I like it enough to keep experimenting.

Questions for you:
1. How do you maintain when use just the IC Gel? Do you tie it up, or re-twist? What do you do to it in the morning?

2. What do you use for moisture? Is this where the buttercreme, despite being expensive, becomes necessary?!

Awww, I'm always glad I can help! I know what it's like searching for someone that knows even just 1/2 about what you are experiencing when it comes to hair ;)

I rarely wear this style "out" the second day because it usually "swells" up a bit and I have not found a way to avoid "bed head" (I think that my come with length and weight of the hair). It can look decent, but I just personally don't like how it looks second day sometimes. I usually either redo the next day, or just pull it up into a puff, which usually turns out well. I just sleep on a satin pillowcase.

For moisture, I rely on my conditioner washes, I think that makes a big difference in my hair, but buttercreme definitely helps add to it and seal moisture in. It also helps keep the hair very soft. If you find that you've used too much gel, buttercreme definitely softens that up.

Syrah

so1913 said:
Awww, I'm always glad I can help! I know what it's like searching for someone that knows even just 1/2 about what you are experiencing when it comes to hair ;)

I rarely wear this style "out" the second day because it usually "swells" up a bit and I have not found a way to avoid "bed head" (I think that my come with length and weight of the hair). It can look decent, but I just personally don't like how it looks second day sometimes. I usually either redo the next day, or just pull it up into a puff, which usually turns out well. I just sleep on a satin pillowcase.

For moisture, I rely on my conditioner washes, I think that makes a big difference in my hair, but buttercreme definitely helps add to it and seal moisture in. It also helps keep the hair very soft. If you find that you've used too much gel, buttercreme definitely softens that up.
How do you pull it up on the second day?! So I've got this curly mass - you just brush and go - or do you use some sparkalites to lay it down first!?

Girl - I owe you something because I have been all up IN your album! :)

so1913

MsNadi said:
How do you pull it up on the second day?! So I've got this curly mass - you just brush and go - or do you use some sparkalites to lay it down first!?

Girl - I owe you something because I have been all up IN your album! :)

Girl, please. You owe me nothing!

When I say pull it up, I just mean in a puff. I take a good amount of Buttercreme and work it into my entire head to help soften and "loosen" the previous style up, finger fluffing the "mass" to give it volume, and to work the previous style out (i.e. any parts, and to work out the direction the hair is styled in) I do not add more gel, just the moisturizer. I make sure my edges are well coated with the buttercreme then brush with a few strokes not too far up the length, just enough to smooth a bit and get the hair going in the right direction for my puff. I then just slide on my ouchless headband in the position I want my puff.

That's it!

Syrah

:::looks like I'ma need me some Baby Buttercreme - cuz that mint will keep me feeling hungry:::

Hmm. Ok. Thanks! :)

I've slept on the curly pudding experiments a few time. THey come out ok, but they require morning maintenance to cooperate.

cneal

.:: your hair is beautiful! i tried it too...the results are in my siggy. [the 2nd pic] ::.

Last edited: