The Day I Fought With Shrinkage! (Pic Heavy) - Just for You Nonie!!

Where were you Saturday? I am serious ya'll who is in my area? Because the next time I try this I am going to need some help.:perplexed:grin:

Another thing I learned using the Chi iron, I don't think I would do again. Years before I used pressing combs and that was sooo much better to me, I just need to be careful of the heat. I use to use two combs but could not find either one. I think my sister has them. This is what happen when you have the family beauty supply store and everyone thinks they can just take things. Urrgghhh!

All you need is a good tension blowdry, apply CHI to each small section of hair and a Kizure double press hot comb. And then afterwards do a pincurl set...your hair would be wow!:yep:

Luv, luv luving the thickness, texture, and length!! The shrinkage is not that bad considering the volume of hair you have! Now put that iron away before you get heat damage on that beautiful head of hair!!:lachen:

i'm like wow...I won't be complaining about shrinkage unless it gets to your level...now that's some HAIR!!! thick, beautiful and healthy...can't get better than that. thanks for sharing that experience. :)

Your hair is absolutely gloriously beautiful! I can't believe it's possible that hair can shrink so much....wait yes I can, because my hair does too :lol:

All you need is a good tension blowdry, apply CHI to each small section of hair and a Kizure double press hot comb. And then afterwards do a pincurl set...your hair would be wow!:yep:

Never heard of this but I am not surprised it has been a minute since I have been in the pressing world.

Luv, luv luving the thickness, texture, and length!! The shrinkage is not that bad considering the volume of hair you have! Now put that iron away before you get heat damage on that beautiful head of hair!!:lachen:

I can promise you that all heating elements have been placed back up under the sink in another part of the house. Won't be venturing into that land for long time to come. :yep:

I understand how you feel. I straightened my hair for Easter and I cannot tell you the hours and hours out of my life that I invested into the task. I was almost late trying to finish it. It's one of the main reasons that I only straighten my hair very rarely.

P.S.
I loved your photo montage.

I love your hair mscocoface. It's so coily and shiny and springy and strong. Twists really look good in it.

Soooo by the time I get home at 11:00 pm that night, guess what, this stuff is still soaking wet! How is that possible? I know this stuff is porous but in my best Neffie impression......"Are You Serious?!"
I think you mean your hair is NON-porous? If it was porous it would dry easily, like mine does. Kind of like a sponge with lots of holes. Gets soaked easy, dries out easy.Your hair is obviously not like that.

I love your hair mscocoface. It's so coily and shiny and springy and strong. Twists really look good in it.

I think you mean your hair is NON-porous? If it was porous it would dry easily, like mine does. Kind of like a sponge with lots of holes. Gets soaked easy, dries out easy.Your hair is obviously not like that.

I had no idea, I thought it was the reverse honestly, if it held water it was porous. It does take a minute or two or three for it to become completely wet. Thank you for letting me know that. :yep:

Your hair looks great!! Thanks for sharing...I was really entertained with your post. :grin:

Wow your hair is so beautiful. Shrinkage is a bear and people don't really know how long their hair can get because of it

Keep up the beautiful work

This is serious :eek: shrinkage!!!! Thanks for sharing. If you hadn't show the "after" pics, I would have thought that you have very short hair.

Back