The Devil is trying to pull me down

FRO-EVER 21

But through my Lord who strenghtens me He WILL NOT SUCEED!

It seems that the last few weeks have been so hard for me. My brother is terminally ill and I lost my job. I've been experiencing physical ailments and I was falling into a deep depression. Lately I have felt undeserving of the Lord's blessings and been worrying about my future and my family to the point of exhaustion..

Then I read Pebbles thread on depression. Yes, God is good, and ALWAYS on time. I am so grateful that God led me to read that thread. I realize that I hadn't fully put my situation in God's hands. Yes, I been reading my Bible and praying, but I haven't had the FAITH that I should have. I am guilty of not trusting that the Lord knows what is best for me and my family.
I have been depressed and upset about my things in my life have not turned out according to MY plan, when I haven't considered the plan God has for me. I am guilty of rushing God to do things in MY time, rather than at his sped which is always right. I am guilty of not seeing and appreciating all the many blessings the my God has bestowed upon because I'm too busy looking for other blessing that I think I should recieve. I have begruded others thier blessing because I thought them to be undeserving.
I am guilty of letting the devil bombard my mind with cynicism, negativity and doubt.

I know that THE DEVIL IS A LIAR! and it is he that has planted the seeds doubt, anxiety and fear in my mind. God walks with me in all that I do, I know that with faith and belief in him I can make it through this tough time.

I only ask that you ladies kept me and my family in your prayers.

Zeal

Fro-Ever. I have been there and done that! I am sure that I will go there again. You know what to do!! You have all the answers. Just apply them (and I'm talking to myself).

I will keep you in prayer.

Father in the name of Jesus I call forth healing in every area of your daughters life. Lord we thank you for all that you have done and all that you are going to do. And if you don't do it the way that we want you to do it, we will still give you the honor, and give you the praise. In Jesus' name we pray - Amen

Last edited:

syze6

You have to stay strong and true. It is so easy to get discouraged but just stay focused and faithful. We have to count the many blessings that we have in our life. I was like this yesterday after learning my insurance company totaled my car out. I said many things out of fear, frustration and anger. Later I asked forgiveness of my tongue.

I reflected on how blessed I was to even have a car initially, when there are single moms who don't. I'm blessed that my childrens school is 5 blks from the house. With enough clothing on the walk isn;t so bad.There are single moms who have to travel on buses and trains to get the children to school. I am blessed to walk out my front door and get on the CTA train that gets me to my workstop. I believe the time will come when I will have a new car and be able to afford it.

With these things appreciated, I let go. I believe things do happen for a reason. Whenever we can see through the smoke and still see light. We are where we are supposed to be, blessed!!

Don't let him still YOUR joy! It is yours! Resist him and he will flee from you! He may come back to tempt you but it will be that much harder for him to prevail! I will pray for you and know our blessing come in many forms. Just prepare yourself for it!

czyfaith77

May I ask you this and do not take offense because I promise you my intentions aren't to offend but to encourage you.

How do you know that this is the devil? How do you not know that this may be a season of testing in your life? And if it is so then why not you? A test is simply a tool used by God to bless you. It may not seem like it now or even feel like it. A test, like fire (and not a temptation) in the purification of gold, is a process used by God to purge away the dross or what is undesirable in the sight of God, things that you may or may not be aware of so He can prepare you for His reasonable service. He uses it to take you to another level in Him. God knows your frailties and He knows and understand what you are capable of withstanding. Tests also can bring us even closer to Him because it is at these times that we truly do pray.

Job was an upright man and he was tested. God knew what he would encounter and used it to get the glory and to bless Job doubly. Job's blessings seem like they were all material blessings , but like Abraham, Job had to reach a certain level of spiritual maturity and prosperity (intangible things but priceless i.e a higher level of trust and faith) before he could attain what was tangible (his health, the cattle, land, children, etc and in your case possibly an even better job than what you had).

Do you not know that it is honorable to be considered? God asked Satan in Job Chapter 2, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth...." God would not have mentioned Job if He did not think Job could withstand the test. Satan could not even do anything until the hedge that God had placed around him was removed. Satan had to ask God for permission and then God permitted but only let him go but so far for Satan could not take his life. God knew Job's frailties but He also knew that Job with His assistance would come through. When God put you through a test, trust Him to bring you through. Anxiety will not do you any good but cause for you to sink (be depressed) but FAITH will cause for you to walk the water (the impossible places) (See about Peter in the NT).

Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,
But a good word makes it glad.

Your good word is this, Arise. Shake off the dust and know that you have an All-knowing, Sovereign, Wise, and Loving God who knows what He can take you through, to get you to where He wants you to be. It is not easy but know He hasn't left you alone. He loves you too much to cast you off. He is too wise and loving for that. He knows your entire situation from the beginning to the end. Just be encouraged. Weeping may endure for a night but joy will come in the morning. Just trust Him. When things look scary, trust Him. The sooner you come to understand this concept and accept in your hearts of hearts the sooner you will see things turn around. A soon as Job was able to understand everything that God was trying to get through to him, there was a turn around. God has shown you your frailties, now submit them to Him and trust the fact that you are made strong through Him. Tests are for you to overcome and not succumb to. Be blessed and remain faithful because He who is the Lover of your soul is faithful unto you.

FRO-EVER 21 said:

It seems that the last few weeks have been so hard for me. My brother is terminally ill and I lost my job. I've been experiencing physical ailments and I was falling into a deep depression. Lately I have felt undeserving of the Lord's blessings and been worrying about my future and my family to the point of exhaustion..

Then I read Pebbles thread on depression. Yes, God is good, and ALWAYS on time. I am so grateful that God led me to read that thread. I realize that I hadn't fully put my situation in God's hands. Yes, I been reading my Bible and praying, but I haven't had the FAITH that I should have. I am guilty of not trusting that the Lord knows what is best for me and my family.
I have been depressed and upset about my things in my life have not turned out according to MY plan, when I haven't considered the plan God has for me. I am guilty of rushing God to do things in MY time, rather than at his sped which is always right. I am guilty of not seeing and appreciating all the many blessings the my God has bestowed upon because I'm too busy looking for other blessing that I think I should recieve. I have begruded others thier blessing because I thought them to be undeserving.
I am guilty of letting the devil bombard my mind with cynicism, negativity and doubt.

I know that THE DEVIL IS A LIAR! and it is he that has planted the seeds doubt, anxiety and fear in my mind. God walks with me in all that I do, I know that with faith and belief in him I can make it through this tough time.

Last edited:

FRO-EVER 21

Thank you ladies for your prayers and encouragement.

Czyfaith thank you for your insight and scripture. I really hadn't thought of it that way. I just no that it seems that something has had a stronghold on my mind, not allowing me to think positive thoughts. I have been mired in self-pity and doubt, no matter how much I have prayed. Thank you for making me look at my situation in a new way.

czyfaith77

You are welcome. That is what we are here for. I wouldn't tell you anything that I haven't had to experience for myself. ;)
FRO-EVER 21 said:
Thank you ladies for your prayers and encouragement.

Czyfaith thank you for your insight and scripture. I really hadn't thought of it that way. I just no that it seems that something has had a stronghold on my mind, not allowing me to think positive thoughts. I have been mired in self-pity and doubt, no matter how much I have prayed. Thank you for making me look at my situation in a new way.

Last edited:

star

FRO-EVER 21 said:

Preach Black woman the DEVIl IS LIAR. You are COVER IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)