The Flexirod Adventures(pics)

HeChangedMyName

My first attempt was a disaster so you will not be seeing that train wreck. I had the brilliant idea that if I just placed the sections in different directions that it would make my curls fuller and more natural looking. WRONG! It just looked a hot mess.

In the mean time, also having given up on transitioning, these following two pics are on fully relaxed hair. After washing I applied a mix of lacio lacio and IC frizz buster and combed it through. For each section that I curled, I sprayed with lottabody. I used end wrappers on the hair so that I could get the curl all the way to the ends without leaving any bent or straight ends.

2nd attempt after 6 days of sleeping on a satin pillowcase. The curls held up very well if I must say so myself. and the shine was to die for. On this one, I did a center part and curled both sides away from my face. I did it with more order and used about 24 flexirods.

3rd attempt-these are fresh curls and I'm in love with the flexi-rod set now for real. I can see me using this style as "my" signature style for a while. It is very stressless on the hair and my hair feels great. On this set, I did an off center part and on the heavier side i began and rolled it toward my face and keptgoing in the same direction until the other(lighter) side was going away from my face.

Last edited:

bgsix

That 3rd set looks good. What size flexirods did u use and did you dilute the lottabody?

BlackDiamond21

Do you use end papers when you roll?

Do you use these under the dyer or only to sleep in? Can they be used under a dryer???

dlewis

It turned out so pretty. I love it.

I use to wear my hair like this all the time. I might need to get back to this.

tricie

It looks wonderful! I just experimented with them, too. Did it hurt to sleep on? I rolled mine tight the second time and it was very uncomfortable...but my hair is mostly natural so I had to so I could straighten the roots.

Congrats!