The front of my hair isn't really growing

Mdmommy99

My "bang" area has never been longer than chin length. In every state its been in, relaxed and natural, its always been the same. Even when I had locs that were past BSL, this section was still at my chin.

This is a growth issue, not retention. Last April I had my hair colored and haven't had it colored since. Today I measured from my root to where the colored part of my hair starts and it only measured 2 inches, which means I've only gotten 2 inches of growth on that part of my hair in 10 months. The other sections of my hair had between 4-6 inches of growth.

This section of my hair is also a completely different texture from the rest. Most of my head is somewhere I guess between 3c and 4a and this part grows out almost completely straight with a little bit of a wave.

If this is what my hair is meant to be I'll live with it but I want to see first if there is anyone else who has a part of their hair that grows extremely slow or not at all and whether you've been able to do anything to stimulate growth in that area.

Esq.2B

My front grows the slowest too. I usually feel new growth in the back before I do in the front. And incidentally, the front of my hair is shorter than the back. i'm not sure what to do about it though.

Mdmommy99

From everything I've seen, there may be nothing to do about it. But I really don't want to always have chin legnth hair in the front so I'm trying not to give up hope. I'm starting to feel like the rest of my hair will have to be down to my feet before the front gets to shoulder length.

merilusmims

The back of my hair is like that i had an all around trim in july09 and the front is now a good 1.5-2 inches longer.Im 8wks post and the new growth is also more noticable in the front