The Glass Floor Not The Glass Ceiling

MamaBear2012

If you are talking about single mothers and their kids then maybe not. But married parents are easily in that household income range and there is nothing elite about it. The average salary for a teacher is about 60k. That’s also pretty close to average for police officers, nurses, IT workers ect. This is not an elite household income at all. This is middle class for married folks.

Yep, DH is a teacher. I was a social worker (now turned SAHM). Two of the professions that most people talk about not making any money. We were making around that much when I was working. Middle class married folks.

BrickbyBrick

I doubt he will win as well but he is getting enough attention to maybe get the nomination but probably wont have enough votes to win the election. America as a whole ain't there yet with him. I for one have reservations about how his healthcare plan would be implemented, no matter how nice it sounds. I need more details.

Kanky

I doubt he will win as well but he is getting enough attention to maybe get the nomination but probably wont have enough votes to win the election. America as a whole ain't there yet with him. I for one have reservations about how his healthcare plan would be implemented, no matter how nice it sounds. I need more details.

I don’t think that he will win either. Middle class families tend to already have good healthcare benefits. We already have health insurance for poor people and the elderly. He needs to convince middle class parents that they will be better off with Medicare for all, and so far he hasn’t done that.

Yep, DH is a teacher. I was a social worker (now turned SAHM). Two of the professions that most people talk about not making any money. We were making around that much when I was working. Middle class married folks.

Thank you for this. I won’t bother getting back in to the middle class family income discussion because people have made up their minds, but not understanding this can lead to all kinds of poor decisions and unnecessary struggle. When people don’t really get how much it costs to own a home in a good school district, raise kids in a typical middle class/upper middle class way then they set themselves up for failure.

Not understanding how the typical family lives also leads politicians to make crappy policy decisions. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck. The GOP thought it made sense to give people lower taxes, a tiny increase in their paychecks but smaller to nonexistent tax refunds. Lots of people use tax refund checks as a savings vehicle and had plans for that money. This lead to people paying less taxes and being mad about it. :lol: They were out of touch with how a good chunk of the country lives.

I think that Bernie’s healthcare plan is kind of like that. If you are a typical middle class family with good employee benefits then where is the benefit to Medicare for all?

UmSumayyah

Imo Trump will be reelected so folks better try to get ready.

If Bernie wins he will be a disaster or ineffectual so folks better get ready.

Some politicos are saying that Bernie at the top will be a disaster down ballot. House, Senate, and 1600 may all be red come Spring 2021