The "GOAT" weave technique???

gimbap

I just got finished watching the Diva Hair Weaver's show, and she put tracks in a client's hair using what she called the goat technique. Basically, it was sewn in tracks, but instead of the client's hair being braided down to her head, her hair was completely loose.

I still don't understand how she was able to keep the tracks in. Has anyone ever heard of this technique?

baby42

wow never heard of this. but my hair is so funny i know it would matt up in no time. or break off:eek2:but i would love to know how its done. it have to work for some. if people are doing it:yep:maybe they are rapping the weavehair around the real hair in some way and then sew it in?????? hope somebody come in and let you know.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's similar to the Malaysian Weaving technique?

from kinksinc.com

The "Bomb" Malaysian - This is the most recent and flatest method used today. It is similar to the secure locking malaysian, but is much better. It is super flat and last up to 8-12 weeks before needing adjustments. This method is sewn close to the scalp and uses nothing but thread and wefted hair. Nothing in between. Amazing. Your scalp stays healthy because it is able to breathe. Hair can be shampooed, relaxed, colored etc...just like you normally would your own hair.

gimbap

According to her website http://www.thedivahairweaver.com, she offers the malaysia and goat techniques, so I'm assuming they're different.

Her website also says she'll be at the Bronner Bros. hair show teaching this technique, someone one from lhcf needs to go and report back! lol