The Hair In My Siggy.....

KiniKakes

...... is not all mine! I got a few PM's asking about it, so i figured i'd reply at once to anyone who was curious! :grin: (And to the person who asked, i dont mind at all girl!!!!! ;) Im totally happy to share, cuz this is all what we're here for, right?!!! :drunk:

Anyway, i used a curling iron to make ringlets with my own hair, and then i added two small hair pieces to the back to extend the length. The hair piece is basically about 2 inches across, with a comb, and you clip it into your hair. Its called the Southern Belle attachment, and i found it at some online costume place. I had the very bottom of my own hair cornrowed, and attached the hair pieces to the cornrows, for a better grip. I secured with bobbi pins. My own hair actually falls longer than the fall, when straight, so i had to keep pins in it for a couple of hours after curling, and add mad hair spray, to keep my own curls from falling out.

Its very, very hard for my hair to hold a curl, so i wanted the security of the hair pieces in the back, just in case my hair own fell during the costume party... i could pin up the front and still have the synthetic ringlets in the back. I also chose to add the hair pieces for fullness and also length. My own hair looks waaay different when the whole thing is in ringlets. Its a lot less full and luscious, and also shorter. My fine hair just cant create that look on its own. So thats why i opted for the hair attachment.

Here are more pics! As you can see, we went as a 19th Century Antebellum couple from the Old South. So i was a southern belle, and my boyfriend a southern gent.

In a few of the pics (ie, the second pic) you can see some of the curls had started to fall out of my own hair ringlets, so some of the pieces are straight.

*I apologize if this stretches you all's screen and makes it hard to read*

Last edited:

WomanlyCharm

Kini, you look absolutely precious in your costume! Looking at the two of you...my goodness, y'all are making me want to sit on the veranda with a mint julep! :grin:

Your hair looks great...and I never would have guessed it was a hair piece. Hey, sometimes our hair just needs a little help, ya know? I do it too! :yep:

MoMo

Wherever you were, looks hella fun! Looks like you guys had a good time and your costume was adorable.

KiniKakes

Kini, you go to the best parties. I need to hang with you :grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I do love my Halloween!!!!!! This year we celebrated in Salem, Massachusetts: City of Witches!!!! This was their big, well-reknowned annual costume ball!!!!! Unfortunatley we didnt take hom eht prize (the costumes were just TOO DARN GOOD!!!!) but we had tons of fun!!!! And i mean tons!!!!!!!!!! :drunk:

Cant wait for Halloween 2008!!!!!

Sistaslick

(You know this is LHCF . . . :lachen::lachen::lachen:

At least you were truthful with yerns . . . :look: There's folks here that would have said Yeah, girl . . . you know that's all me baby! Baggying is the key. :rolleyes: :lachen:)

You looked absolutely great Kini! How creative!!!!! :giggle::yep:

KiniKakes

At least you were truthful with yerns . . . :look: There's folks here that would have said Yeah, girl . . . you know that's all me baby! Baggying is the key.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:That is hysterical!!!!! lmao @ "baggying is the key." But yeah, true. :look:

Thanks you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: Shucks, ya'all are making me blush! :drunk:

envybeauty

:lol: :lol: :lol: I do love my Halloween!!!!!! This year we celebrated in Salem, Massachusetts: City of Witches!!!! This was their big, well-reknowned annual costume ball!!!!! Unfortunatley we didnt take hom eht prize (the costumes were just TOO DARN GOOD!!!!) but we had tons of fun!!!! And i mean tons!!!!!!!!!! :drunk:

Cant wait for Halloween 2008!!!!!

Wow. You're the it girl. ....dating the it guy. Most guys would not go out of town for a halloween party and get all dressed up too!! A bruh too.. no, not many.

Oh...and I agree with Slick... oh so many of us would have claimed it! :lachen:

candy1214

Kini that looked like fun! You and your man look so cute together too.:yep: For hair pieces from a costume place, they look really good...I thought it was all your'n (yes...I said your'n):grin:.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Kini, you and your hair look beautiful! I love the costumes, you and your man looked great! :yep: