The Hair In My Siggy.....

Energist

Girl *kisses teeth* you just wanted an excuse to share your absolutely stunning photos :grin: You looked beautiful... a true southern belle :rosebud:

Cien

Pink is my signature color
great pictures!! :yep: You are too cute, and it looks like yawl had fun!! :)

Your boyfriend is a TALL drank of wadda!!!

Energee

Beautiful hair (extensions or not)! Also very beautiful pictures....I love that Southern Belle and Gent idea. You look so pretty!

mzhotniz86

that is too cute :yep: now tell me, what product did you use on your natural hair for curling? its got such a beautiful shine

trini_rican

...... is not all mine! I got a few PM's asking about it, so i figured i'd reply at once to anyone who was curious! :grin: (And to the person who asked, i dont mind at all girl!!!!! ;) Im totally happy to share, cuz this is all what we're here for, right?!!! :drunk:

Anyway, i used a curling iron to make ringlets with my own hair, and then i added two small hair pieces to the back to extend the length. The hair piece is basically about 2 inches across, with a comb, and you clip it into your hair. Its called the Southern Belle attachment, and i found it at some online costume place. I had the very bottom of my own hair cornrowed, and attached the hair pieces to the cornrows, for a better grip. I secured with bobbi pins. My own hair actually falls longer than the fall, when straight, so i had to keep pins in it for a couple of hours after curling, and add mad hair spray, to keep my own curls from falling out.

Its very, very hard for my hair to hold a curl, so i wanted the security of the hair pieces in the back, just in case my hair own fell during the costume party... i could pin up the front and still have the synthetic ringlets in the back. I also chose to add the hair pieces for fullness and also length. My own hair looks waaay different when the whole thing is in ringlets. Its a lot less full and luscious, and also shorter. My fine hair just cant create that look on its own. So thats why i opted for the hair attachment.

Here are more pics! As you can see, we went as a 19th Century Antebellum couple from the Old South. So i was a southern belle, and my boyfriend a southern gent.

In a few of the pics (ie, the second pic) you can see some of the curls had started to fall out of my own hair ringlets, so some of the pieces are straight.

*I apologize if this stretches you all's screen and makes it hard to read*

I love your costume - what a great theme, you're so pretty. I love the curls. You guys look like Scarlet and Rhett Butler :yep: very nice.