The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
just wanted you all to know that one of my favorite toy stores is having a memorial day sale. http://www.crystalmood.com/

SAVE 15% ON
NEW ARRIVALS
DURING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

COUPON CODE: MEM2012
5/26-5/28 Only

There are also some hairsticks that are going for 4 for $20. Great way to try out sticks without spending a lot of money.

ChocolatePie777

Bumping....I know there are people that still use hairsticks...lol....soooo dead

Bought two from eadaurad(sp?) On etsy...awaiting their arrival

And i bought a pair from claires just to test how tonuse hair sticks

Hopefully ill be able to take pics

.......i also want to get some hair forks...been eying the rosewood ones.on quecrafts etsy

leiah

Bumping....I know there are people that still use hairsticks...lol....soooo dead

Bought two from eadaurad(sp?) On etsy...awaiting their arrival

And i bought a pair from claires just to test how tonuse hair sticks

Hopefully ill be able to take pics

.......i also want to get some hair forks...been eying the rosewood ones.on quecrafts etsy

I bought some really nice wood sticks from eaduard hairsticks. Bought 4 and he sent me 5. I'm going to get acrylics from him next.
I also have one from ketylo.com. I love it but they are too expensive

I want to get a fork too.
This stuff is addictive i'm done buying products and I've moved on to this now :perplexed

I wear my hair in a bun with a single hair stick every day. It's so easy once you get the hang of it. I'll have to post some pics of my buns later. I do something similar to a nautilus bun most days and sometimes I do a figure 8

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Hey Ladies,
Please post your sticks in your hair when you get a chance. I stopped updating this thread a while ago because I thought I was talking to myself. I'm still a hairstick aficionado and wear one (or a fork) even when I start off with a wng.

ChocolatePie777 I hope you like your purchase. I love Eaduard's work. Here's an action shot of one of his hair forks in my hair. I think I like them even more than the stick. I love how smooth his wood is and I even use them when I start with wet hair.
https://ny-image0.etsy.com/000/0/5642214/il_fullxfull.347410848.jpg

Another fork I recently purchased came from OruAka and I love it too. The wood is very pretty.

Finally last 3 forks from Crystal Mood..

leiah
I want to see your LONG *** hair in your forks. I bet it's absolutely drool worthy!

Attachments

• hair fork 7.12.jpg
    hair fork 7.12.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 39
  • il_fullxfull.372780584_sd9e.jpg
    il_fullxfull.372780584_sd9e.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 30
  • z1651.jpg
    z1651.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 22
  • z1213.jpg
    z1213.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 21
  • pz037.jpg
    pz037.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 23

ChocolatePie777

I bought some really nice wood sticks from eaduard hairsticks. Bought 4 and he sent me 5. I'm going to get acrylics from him next.
I also have one from ketylo.com. I love it but they are too expensive

I want to get a fork too.
This stuff is addictive i'm done buying products and I've moved on to this now :perplexed

I wear my hair in a bun with a single hair stick every day. It's so easy once you get the hang of it. I'll have to post some pics of my buns later. I do something similar to a nautilus bun most days and sometimes I do a figure 8
.......yeah it is.....im prett much done experimenting with products myself....and hair sticks/forks seem like what ill be spending my money on(hello black friday and christmas sales!)

ChocolatePie777

Hey Ladies,
Please post your sticks in your hair when you get a chance. I stopped updating this thread a while ago because I thought I was talking to myself. I'm still a hairstick aficionado and wear one (or a fork) even when I start off with a wng.

ChocolatePie777 I hope you like your purchase. I love Eaduard's work. Here's an action shot of one of his hair forks in my hair. I think I like them even more than the stick. I love how smooth his wood is and I even use them when I start with wet hair.

Another fork I recently purchased came from OruAka and I love it too. The wood is very pretty.

leiah
I want to see your LONG *** hair in your forks. I bet it's absolutely drool worthy!
I wished my buns looked as gorgeous as yours mine always look sad....i really need to work on that lol

Forks seem to bee so expensive so i plan on strting with quecraft forks...cause i dont have the money for allathat!

ChocolatePie777

Ive also been eyeing his spear atlatls hair sticks.....they are so sick to me.....but unfortunately out of my price range at the moment :(

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
See, ya'll ain't right! I DID NOT need to click that OruAka link! Now I HAVE to get a few of those sticks and forks!

SMH. Ain't never coming in here again! JK! Luv y'all!

JoyBelle

wavezncurlz your hair looks so pretty with the fork!

I thought about getting some sticks this weekend, then happened upon this thread tonight. I'm using simple chopsticks until I get around to ordering some sticks. I generally keep my hair in twists, a bun with sticks will be a welcome change.

Last edited:

leiah

Hey Ladies,

leiah

wavezncurlz I will post pics soon I promise!

It's good to hear that you can use eaduards wooden sticks in wet hair, i've been afraid to.
Your hair looks great with that fork and I absolutely love that cedar one there's a bunch like that that i've been wanting to buy.

Evo-ny

See, ya'll ain't right! I DID NOT need to click that OruAka link! Now I HAVE to get a few of those sticks and forks!

SMH. Ain't never coming in here again! JK! Luv y'all!

Haha, I too have a love/hate relationship with this thread! Money seems to miraculously disappear from my wallet whenever this thread is bumped! :lachen:

Fhrizzball

Pretty!

I really want to try hair forks (I'm not skilled enough for sticks yet) But I don't think my hair is long enough for them and then I never know what's a good length to start out with...

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
[USER=60381 said:
Fhrizzball[/USER];17106915]Pretty!

I really want to try hair forks (I'm not skilled enough for sticks yet) But I don't think my hair is long enough for them and then I never know what's a good length to start out with...

I just ordered multiple hair forks from etsy vendor mairzydozy that look something like the item at the link below. She also has a hair chart pic. Tried to post it here but it came in too big. Check out her site.

Most of my hairsticks are between 3" and 4". My hair is thin and around APL. Hope that helps.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/94660402/metal-hair-fork-3-inch-pink-rhodonite

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Thanks!
makemild
I went to the site at 2:30 and there was about 4 left. After I reviewed them, I refreshed, and there was 2 left. Went to put one in my shopping cart and there was only 1 left!

I think I got it but we'll see!

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=49019" said:
wavezncurlz[/URL];17238519]Thanks!
@makemild
I went to the site at 2:30 and there was about 4 left. After I reviewed them, I refreshed, and there was 2 left. Went to put one in my shopping cart and there was only 1 left!

I think I got it but we'll see!

I was on it at 2p exactly. Had one in my cart and somehow when I clicked checkout - it was Gone!

Almost purchased another, but really liked my first pick.

So mad...

I will be on it next Friday.

Post pic of your stick please.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
bumpity bump!!!
I know my sticks and forks helped me keep my hair protected. During the holidays I wore my hair out a lot (straight and in twistouts). I am close to WL again.

Now I'm back to bunning and updos.

Here's my newest buy - cheap and pretty from my favorite etsy seller
Eaduard

The first set is watercolor - $9 each. I got the mint water (first on left)

The second set also $9 each and I got the purple monster (last on right)

Happy New Year Ladies!

Attachments

• il_570xN_416117082_tnqz.jpg
    il_570xN_416117082_tnqz.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 39
  • il_570xN_410301637_rnbe.jpg
    il_570xN_410301637_rnbe.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 36

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I was on it at 2p exactly. Had one in my cart and somehow when I clicked checkout - it was Gone!

Almost purchased another, but really liked my first pick.

So mad...

I will be on it next Friday.

Post pic of your stick please.

Sorry, I just saw this. This is the one I bought. I haven't taken an action shot yet. You reminded me to wear it soon.

@itsallaboutattitude

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.388793204_px7y.jpg
    il_fullxfull.388793204_px7y.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 27

SmilingElephant

I need to read through this thread. How are u all using them with curly hair? Do u put them in while the hair is still sopping wet? I haven't bought any sticks in a long time bc i dont know how to use them with curly hair.

How long are ur sticks if u do use them on curly hair? My hair is Apl when wet.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I need to read through this thread. How are u all using them with curly hair? Do u put them in while the hair is still sopping wet? I haven't bought any sticks in a long time bc i dont know how to use them with curly hair.

How long are ur sticks if u do use them on curly hair? My hair is Apl when wet.

SmilingElephant
I do use them on wet hair sometimes. If it is wet, I use a stick that is acrylic ( like the ones above) or metal (steel or aluminum). Some woods can take wet hair but some will warp. I try to save my woods for stretched hair that is dry.

I use 6 inches or longer and my curly hair is about SL to APL depending on how stretched it is. At apl I wouldn't go less than 5 inches.

I use the same techniques putting my hair up using sticks whether it's curly or straight. Make sure your stick is smooth when you use on curly hair through. Actually they stay better in my curly hair. Let me look for some videos and post them later for you.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
SmilingElephant

textured hair (might be natural)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlmrihJtS4&feature=player_embedded

shortish natural stretched hair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhA5_1VF8dc

on small twists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntpJcgbkwT8

straight yet textured
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6EUxfcl94

I did a 3 picture sequence tutorial thing but I can't find it. I style my hair like I'm putting it in a ponytail, twist it upward, tuck it under, and put stick through.

Another way I do it is to do a round bun and push the stick through.

I might have to have my husband help me make a video. It won't be all fancy and edited.

Ogoma

I would like to figure this out. I tried one, but it almost broke while putting it in my hair so I haven't done that again.

Last edited:

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
[USER=49019]wavezncurlz[/USER];17713791 said:
Sorry, I just saw this. This is the one I bought. I haven't taken an action shot yet. You reminded me to wear it soon.

@itsallaboutattitude

Waiting for the action shot. I've got my hair in a bun with regular hair pins. My hair is straight just now and most of my toys won't stay.

~formerly known as makemild ~~ live, love, learn & laugh