The high bun now a popular look

sunnieb

belletropjolie - I don't use anything special to lay down my edges. I'm 8 weeks post and used my regular daily combo of ORS Carrot Oil and NTM.

I don't use a brush either. I just moisturize and use my wide-toothed comb to put in a tight high ponytail. I leave the pony in for about 10 minutes to let it "set".

Then I loosen the ponytail holder to where it's barely holding on and swirl my hair around to make the bun. I put a bun net on to keep it neat and secure everything with hair pins.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I've also love high buns too and I've been wearing my banana clip bun cuz its so freaking hot outside :lol:. This is how I wore my hair today.

Attachments

• IMG-20120703-00794.jpg
    IMG-20120703-00794.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 183

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm going to try sunnieb's bun method tomorrow, but without the netting. Lately it seems that everything is too tight after 15min on my hair.

I didn't slick or oil my edges since I stayed at home. Tomorrow I'll add some castor oil and a bit of gel.

Bublin

Here's how I wear my hair every day. Tried to make the pic bigger but all I'm doing is making it smaller :(

Last edited:

Jazzlyric

Here is one of mine. It is a high pony/bun. The back is pinned up and some of the front, some hair loose. I honestly just got tired of pinning , so left it alone lol .

Attachments

• High Pony.jpg
    High Pony.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 298

empressri

new my big toe. plus once it's hot, it keeps your hair off your neck. my hair automatically goes up into one without any forethought.

same goes for anyone running or doing sports, girls were doing that back when i was in high school.

pookaloo83

I did it 2 days straight.

Sent From Mah Phone

Attachments

• image-3306137741.jpg
    image-3306137741.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 238
  • image-3808587348.jpg
    image-3808587348.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 220