The Holy Spirit

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
God is always with us...but there are times his Spirit washes over us to comforrt, soothe and to just remind us he is still with us...

Can you describe what the Holy Spirit feels like?

chicacanella

Well, there are times when I feel completely drained and then I will pray and feel refreshed. God said to (Paul), "My grace is sufficient enough for thee." In my weakness, God's strength is made perfect.

Then there are times when I may be crying or feeling weary but then I will just think of God and start saying Hallelujah or praying. And then The Holy Spirit makes me laugh and smile in the midst of me having just cried. It's actually a weird phenomenon that in the middle of tragedy I still can laugh and smile and feel happy. I'm amazed myself sometimes and say, "So, this is what it means to have peace that passeth all understanding."

taytay86

I haven't felt him yet! Well...I did once, a pastor touched me and I fell (does that count?) Anyways, I would love to feel Him take over my spirit especially as a new Christian....would absolutely love to feel it. But I am nervous about how I'd act in church LOL. I would love to experience it in private though...that's just the type of person I am.

Laela

I can relate...it's very refreshing. Thank you for sharing that.

Yeah, I think God has a sense of humor.... holy laughter can be a bit amusing :)

Well, there are times when I feel completely drained and then I will pray and feel refreshed. God said to (Paul), "My grace is sufficient enough for thee." In my weakness, God's strength is made perfect.

Then there are times when I may be crying or feeling weary but then I will just think of God and start saying Hallelujah or praying. And then The Holy Spirit makes me laugh and smile in the midst of me having just cried. It's actually a weird phenomenon that in the middle of tragedy I still can laugh and smile and feel happy. I'm amazed myself sometimes and say, "So, this is what it means to have peace that passeth all understanding."

Laela

First, I thank God for you and pray for you as you with with him!

He knows the desires of your heart and will give you what you want, if you just ask. He'll touch you when you least expect it and when it's all said and done, you couldn't care less who was watching. God Bless you.

I haven't felt him yet! Well...I did once, a pastor touched me and I fell (does that count?) Anyways, I would love to feel Him take over my spirit especially as a new Christian....would absolutely love to feel it. But I am nervous about how I'd act in church LOL. I would love to experience it in private though...that's just the type of person I am.