The Incomperable Bun

LovinLocks

Hi ladies,

I started a thread asking which you all preferred, bun or french roll. I mentioned I was just not getting how to do a bun on myself. Well, guess what . . . .?? I purchased an apparatus last weekend and kinda threw it in my lotion/hair accessory basket, right. It's called Sophist.o.Twist. Well, I pulled that baby out this a.m. and voila!!!! I am sporting a nice, neat basic bun this morning. I couldn't wait to get to work and pass the 4-1-1 on for those who may want to wear the bun but are bun challenged like me.

I just did a Google search to see what I could find relative to the Sophist.O.Twist. I got mine from Rite Aid, a local drug store. Do not recall what I paid, but knowing me it was NOT expensive at all. It's simply a piece of fabric around a bendable wire. Below is what I came up with:

http://www.stuff4beauty.com/catalog.php?category=Sophist+o+Twist++Type+Velour+Eur-O-Twists

Introducing Sophist o Twist Type Velour Eur-O-Twists!
The newest thing to healthy hair styling, is the Eur-o-Twist!
At Stuff4Beauty, we have in an assortment of colors of these great, new styling hair products. They are made of wires that are covered in velor cloth. You can use the Eur-o-Twist to make various styles for your hair.

This product can be used to make a eur-o-twist bun, french twist, pony twist or double bun! It's a great and fun way to create natural wave and curls in your hair without rollers! The instructions come with every set. Sophist o Twist type Eur-o-twists is for women of all ages!

Here is how I am wearing my hair today:

http://www.helen-e.com/ntsgr/store/page.asp?143,3

I am truly loving this thing already.

dlewis

I have this and could never get it to work. Would you mind doing a picture loaded post and teach us/me what to do?

Ediese

I have this and could never get it to work. Would you mind doing a picture loaded post and teach us/me what to do?

OT: I wished I lived in your house.:blush: I'm always amazed when I see the food pics in your siggie. I know your family must be really happy to have you. I don't know which man wouldn't be. You really throw down.:yep:

Ms Lala

OT: I wished I lived in your house.:blush: I'm always amazed when I see the food pics in your siggie. I know your family must be really happy to have you. I don't know which man wouldn't be. You really throw down.:yep:

Girl I was thinking the same thing.:lick: I always feels so guilty about my lack of cooking ability when I see her siggies. I need to step up my game in the kitchen, I know my husband is tired of me cooking the same 5 things that I know how to make!

to the OP I would love to see pics.:yep:

JustKiya

Oooh, I posted a thread about something similar to this a while ago - I'd love to see pics of your bun and of the device itself!

Bublin

Sophist-o-Twist
For a French Roll - Pull your hair back into a ponytail. Pull the ponytail through the hole of the Sophistotwist and keep the band horizontal. Take each end of the band and slid it down towards the bottom of the ponytail (about 3/4 of the way down the hair). Roll under towards the nape of the neck and continue to roll until it feels tight. Bring the two ends up and cross over, fold both flaps over each other, towards the middle of the bun to complete your style. See pack for all 7 styles.

http://www.helen-e.com/ntsgr/store/page.asp?143,3

Only making a post because its available in the UK - in case anyone is interested it is £5.99