The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo-ny

Challenge is almost over, ladies! :grin:

I won't be able to post my final progress pic until the 14th or 15th. I won't be flatironing until then because I've got an event that weekend and I didn't want to do it twice in two weeks. I'm having a tiny setback, though, uncontrollable shedding. :cry2: Tried garlic on the inside and the outside, with no luck. I think it's because I went from 3 weeks of 30+ degree Celsius weather back to 10-15 degrees. Minor shock, maybe? :nono: I know it ain't the juice, though! :yawn: It started after I returned to Canada.

Haven't tried a black tea rinse yet, though I should this weekend. Just when my hair's finally starting to grow, instead of breaking off like it used to, it's coming out at the scalp! :wallbash:

JuiceMobsta

Challenge is almost over, ladies! :grin:

I won't be able to post my final progress pic until the 14th or 15th. I won't be flatironing until then because I've got an event that weekend and I didn't want to do it twice in two weeks. I'm having a tiny setback, though, uncontrollable shedding. :cry2: Tried garlic on the inside and the outside, with no luck. I think it's because I went from 3 weeks of 30+ degree Celsius weather back to 10-15 degrees. Minor shock, maybe? :nono: I know it ain't the juice, though! :yawn: It started after I returned to Canada.

Haven't tried a black tea rinse yet, though I should this weekend. Just when my hair's finally starting to grow, instead of breaking off like it used to, it's coming out at the scalp! :wallbash:

Awww I'm sorry, I hope you can halt the shedding,:yep: glad its not the juice though. Are you sure its not just your hair going through a phase? Maybe it will stop soon,:crossfingers:

I just d0nt see any progress.. but I'm sure its my bad habbits.. I'm really buckling d0wn and am gonna be more consistant with my reggie

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
i'm planning to incorporate the juice in my reggie. right now my NG is a bit dry. juicing moisturizes the new growth, correct?

do you find that it's easier to apply the juice with s curl no drip since it's a spray and can get in the roots easier/better. or do most of you like cfcg since it's thicker and juicier?

TIA!

30something

I'm going to have to drop out of this challenge. Juice don't really benefit me no matter if its 1 trillion % extra extra Louisiana humid outside. :( Poor me

Sprinkl3s

Oh noooo its over? I can't post a pic right now but I did retain some length. Maybe about an inch and a half.

How much length are people retaining?

I will still juice when this is over. The S-curl keeps my twists SOFT!!

supermodelsonya

You have the CFC Instant moisturizer? The CFCG Instant Activator is thicker and juicier to me,:yep:

CFC has hydrolyzed wheat protein and CFCG had wheat amino acids. :look:

Thank you for really clearing this up. I was at the store and was confused so I just picked my S-Curl and went to the counter. :perplexed

trendsetta25

time sure does fly. i would like to thank AdoraAdora and Chelz for getting me hooked on the juice....:notworthythis is the best thing since sliced bread. I was able to retain a good bit of hair and i'm syked.
i dont really have a start pic because i was in a weave at the time. i did relax in April so i'll post my comparison from April to June when i get home.

Happy Juicing Ladies!

FYI...i'm about to view this part 2 to the challenge :peek:

Mz.MoMo5235

here's my update... not the best pic cause i wasnt in the mood for length checking... but its a pic all the some... and lets see if i can find the org pic for when i started....

HERE IT IS!!!
mar 19

may 9

june 21

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Update: I ran out of S-Curl and stopped juicing... :hide:

...but it's just for a little while... the last time I juiced was Sunday...

...in the meantime, I've been keeping my hair protected in a two-strand twisted bun on top of my head. I want to try Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1, so I need to find the time to pick up a bottle of this stuff. ;)

JuiceMobsta

here's my update... not the best pic cause i wasnt in the mood for length checking... but its a pic all the some... and lets see if i can find the org pic for when i started....

HERE IT IS!!!
mar 19

:pulpdance:Awwww that is AWESOME Mz. MoMo!!!!!!!!!!:grin::grin::grin:, your hair is doing great after that other product incident,:yep:. Looks like you retained length!!! :yahoo::clap::yahoo:

:orders:Grow Mz. MoMo Grow!!!!!!

JuiceMobsta

Update: I ran out of S-Curl and stopped juicing... :hide:

...but it's just for a little while... the last time I juiced was Sunday...

...in the meantime, I've been keeping my hair protected in a two-strand twisted bun on top of my head. I want to try Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1, so I need to find the time to pick up a bottle of this stuff. ;)

Lol Bad Poohbear, bad. :spank:

Yeah I just picked up a bottle of HS 14n1 to try. It looks reallyyy thick,:lick: When I turned the bottle upside down it didnt fall out...:grin:

Mz.MoMo5235

:pulpdance:Awwww that is AWESOME Mz. MoMo!!!!!!!!!!:grin::grin::grin:, your hair is doing great after that other product incident,:yep:. Looks like you retained length!!! :yahoo::clap::yahoo:

:orders:Grow Mz. MoMo Grow!!!!!!

yeah, after that run in i seem to have kept length but i for sure lost thickness... i'll make it up though :) thanks

trendsetta25

HERE'S MY PROGRESS...
APRIL 2010

JUNE 23RD

i'm 9wks post and have a lot of new growth. I'm on a "no heat for the summer" (personal challenge) so in the second picture i had to put my Queen Helene conditioner in my hair in order to stretch my hair. I think if i straightened my hair it would hit the 5 mark which will make me APL :drunk:

normacyri

Hi ladies,
I've been MIA...busy summer. I had to lay off the CFCG it made my hair mad :hair:, even though I sealed with my coconut oil. I am picking up some HS Miracle Worker and will continue to juice. I will post progress pics next week.

ladysaraii

I still want to try hawaiian silky, but nothing has been as good to me as my own mix of glycerine, AVJ, and water. i add a few drops of peppermint EO and this time put 1 drop of rosemary and lavendar

OhSoOthentik

Here's my progress since I started juicing in March

March 2010

and here's my length now (June 2010)

I am not that good at flat ironing, but you all get the gist of what's going on :grin:

My first few days of using the juice on loose hair weren't really looking up, as my hair stayed a dry mess after the braids takeout :nono:. But today, after juicing it's now really moisturised :lick:, and I'm glad :grin:. I think this is a keeper :yep:

JuiceMobsta

Here's my progress since I started juicing in March

I am not that good at flat ironing, but you all get the gist of what's going on :grin:

Ayeeee OhSo thats whats up!!!! :2cool: I can definitely tell the layers grew out! :grin::grin::grin: And that afro puff on the bottom is BANGINNNNN!!!! :notworthy :lick: :notworthy

:orders: Grow OhSo Grow!!!! :woot:

Retention on point, ayeeeeeee

ETA:Ohhh I like that nose ring! When you get it?:eyebrows2

g.lo

hi all,

although i haven't been posting, i have been juicing religiously on my daughter hair!
i started with care free gold, but had to switch to a homemade (due to eczema flaring up) of purified water, vegetable glycerine and aloe vera.
i will be washing her hair tomorrow and by the end of the week will do a lenght check and post a pic.
thanks Adora for the challenge!

gaby

OhSoOthentik

Ayeeee OhSo thats whats up!!!! :2cool: I can definitely tell the layers grew out! :grin::grin::grin: And that afro puff on the bottom is BANGINNNNN!!!! :notworthy :lick: :notworthy

:orders: Grow OhSo Grow!!!! :woot:

Retention on point, ayeeeeeee

ETA:Ohhh I like that nose ring! When you get it?:eyebrows2

Thanks Chelz! I mos def think my hair is more flattering curly than it is straight. I like that I can't see my ears through my hair anymore. I have had my nose pierced for over two years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.