The Juice!

H

HoneyRockette

Jheri Curl Juice that is. I just came from the store to buy activator but I also saw something called instant moisturizer. When everyone says Jheri Curl activator do they mean the actual activator or the instant moisturizer? Which one do I buy?

Also I have a kind of sort of unrelated question. I want to post a back shot of my hair for my hair journal but I have no one to take it for me. I know there is a way to take pictures of yourself without holding the camera but I can't figure it out. Does anyone here take their own back shot?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I can't speak for everyone, but I use the activator lotion, not the spray. I like Care Free Curl Gold Instant Activator. It doesn't have that chemical/cheap soap smell like some of the others. I mix it with African Wonders Soft Curl Moisturizer (africanwonders.com)
I think most folks are using PC or digital cameras for their photos. Features like autosnap and timers make it easy to take pictures of the back of your own head. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Or maybe someone else is taking the photos for them.

adrienne0914

i take all of my own photos. my digital camera has a timer on it. does your camera have one?

i press the timer button and position my camera on the bathroom counter. then i press the picture button, and sit on the floor in the same spot every time. i've been doing that for two years now. it works well.

adrienne

Nyambura

surfer girl
Love the doll, Adrienne. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Honeyrockette, I also like to use Care Free Curl Gold curl activator. I think whatever brand a person chooses is a matter of personal preference. I like to use it on my hair whether I wear it up or down (helps keep the hair moist), but I realize many others had problems with applying the activator when wearing their hair down. Maybe I have weird hair.{*shrug* /images/graemlins/grin.gif) Whichever activator you choose, don't get it on your scalp 'cause you'll be itching.

LondonDiva

Does anyone mind posting the ingredients for the Care Free Curl Gold activator? I wonder if this is a good type of products to scrunch into my hair when damp and letting it airdry. I love the Elucence but you know what it's like on this board.

Always satisfied and Always looking for something else. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yvette

Hello, to answer your question, I use S-Curl No Drip activator on my braids. I use it especially because it has B5 in it and is no drip. I have used it for years when I get braids and have never had a problem with it. <font color="red"> </font color>

nita4

Okay, now I have a question. I purchase the S-Curl no drip moisturizer for my daughter. Works well on her natural hair. A little to thick to spray on braids though... I always used a plain moisturizer for that. But, does the activator moisturize too?? I thought someone posted a picture of ??? Curl free curl in a tube?? I getting tired of this stuff running down my scalp in the morning. I prefer the jheri curl juice to the oil moisturizers for hair maintenance.

Nyambura

surfer girl
Hi Londondiva!

Here are the ingredients to Care Free Curl Gold: water, propylene glycol, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, <font color="red">dimethicone</font color> , polyquaternium-11, stearalkonium chloride, cyclopentasiloxane, imidazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, fragrance, dimenthiconol, /images/graemlins/confused.gif?, wheat amino acids, yellow 5, orange 4, silica.

You know, London Diva, I'm glad you had me check. I didn't realize there were 'cones in here. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif My hair works with 'cones but after a while, I have to take a break b/c the effectiveness goes down...that would explain why I have to take a break from CFC Gold and Infusium 23...(bulb coming on) AHA!

LondonDiva

Nyambura

I went and bought some yesterday. Thanks for posting the ingredients. I used a very small amount (a little goes a long way) and scrunched it into my damps hair paying attention to the ends and being careful not to get any on my scalp.

My hair air dried a little softer. I think this will probably end up being a keep in my hair products. I think the key is to not use too much of it on a consistent basis. A little in my damp hair is enough for me.

how do you use it?

Nyambura

surfer girl
Hi Londondiva,

I'm glad to see you are satisfied with the results. I use it sparingly on my hair too. A little definitely goes a long way. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I make sure I avoid my scalp b/c if I don't, my scalp gets very itchy. I apply the activator on my hair when it's dry. For example, before combing down a wrap, I will apply the activator. This provides moisture to my hair and reduces the chance of breakage.

LondonDiva

My hair is very tempermental. I can't apply products to the hair when it's dry or a few days after washing. To reap the products benefit I have to apply when it's either damp or freshly clean.