The Lord Hears Your Cries....

Nice & Wavy

"Years passed, and the king of Egypt died. But the Israelites continued to groan under their burden of slavery. They cried out for help, and their cry rose up to God."
Exodus 2: 23-24 (NLT)

Years passed. The Scriptures say close to forty years went by. The Israelites must have thought after all those years that their crying had fallen on deaf ears. Was the Lord listening? Were they crying in vain?

Do you ever feel that way? You have asked God to deliver you from something, and it seems as though God has not heard your cries of deliverance. Let me encourage you dear one, He does not ignore the cries of His people. He has not ignored your cries. Just as God had a sovereign plan designed to free His people from slavery, He has a sovereign plan to free you from that which holds you captive.

The cries of the Israelites were heard and answered in Exodus chapter 13. Finally, they were going to be free from the bondage of slavery to the Egyptians. Don't you know they were thrilled beyond words? Life in total freedom was just over the horizon! However, the plan for deliverance from Pharaoh led them straight from Egypt to the desert. Funny how God works, isn't it? The desert was God's idea of freedom.

Isaiah the prophet tells us in chapter 55 that God's ways and thoughts are higher than our ways and thoughts. I do not know about you, but that gives me great comfort. Exodus 13:17 demonstrates this concept, "When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, 'If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt '" (NIV). I really like short cuts, but God thought the short cut out of Egypt was not the best route. He was even gracious enough to explain His reasoning.

God wants to deliver us from our bondage, but many times we want the easy way out... a short cut: "Get me out of this mess Lord, but please don't let the way out cause me any pain or inconvenience." God knows our weaknesses. He knows how easily we would slip back into bondage if we faced adversity in the easy way out. In His great wisdom and sovereignty His plan for the exodus of our bondage is not the quick, easy way. He will lead us out through a path that will create a dependency on Him. This path will also strengthen our relationship with Him, give us a renewed assurance of our faith, and equip us for a possible slip back into the pit. Read in Exodus verses 18-19, "So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea . The Israelites went up out of Egypt armed for battle." Did you catch that last part about being armed for battle?

The way out of bondage is sure but not always swift. In some situations God shows His great mercy and the exit is quick -- we're left in awe by His power. In other situations, God chooses to take us by the desert road to strengthen us. Two things are certain no matter the route: victory for us and glory for our God.

Dear Lord, thank You for not ignoring the cries of Your people. I realize through Your Spirit in me that I can wait on Your perfect deliverance from my current Egypt . I can't wait to celebrate the victory. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

♥Lamaravilla♥

Thank you for sharing this. Sometimes I feel like God doesn't hear my prayers, but then I remember that there are others who are struggling more than me, and my Lord wouldn't put more on my shoulders than He knew I could bear.

When I was about 18 or 19, I forget when exactly, my Grandmother wrote this for me on some parchment paper, and she told me to always keep it with me, in my wallet or purse. And she said whenever I feel discouraged, afraid, worried, or anything like that, to take it out and read it:

You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
(John 3:16 & John 3:34 )

You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)

These little scriptures have provided me with so much hope so many times. And what you have written today also gives me hope and reminds me that He has so much in store for me.

I'm waiting on a book from you ma'am, coauthored with Miss Shimmie :yep:

delitefulmane

God bless you for this message!! :bighug: Sometimes when we think of our 'own' problems in the world currently, when tend to forget that God has already solved them eons ago!! :smile:

delitefulmane

Thank you for sharing this. Sometimes I feel like God doesn't hear my prayers, but then I remember that there are others who are struggling more than me, and my Lord wouldn't put more on my shoulders than He knew I could bear.

When I was about 18 or 19, I forget when exactly, my Grandmother wrote this for me on some parchment paper, and she told me to always keep it with me, in my wallet or purse. And she said whenever I feel discouraged, afraid, worried, or anything like that, to take it out and read it:

These little scriptures have provided me with so much hope so many times. And what you have written today also gives me hope and reminds me that He has so much in store for me.

Lamaravilla, I think I am gonna do what your grammy told you to do and write this down and place in my purse!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
wow! The Spirit of God spoke to you today..and that's all I'mma say!!!! :

:yep:

:rosebud:

chicacanella

"Years passed, and the king of Egypt died. But the Israelites continued to groan under their burden of slavery. They cried out for help, and their cry rose up to God."
Exodus 2: 23-24 (NLT)

Years passed. The Scriptures say close to forty years went by. The Israelites must have thought after all those years that their crying had fallen on deaf ears. Was the Lord listening? Were they crying in vain?

Do you ever feel that way? You have asked God to deliver you from something, and it seems as though God has not heard your cries of deliverance. Let me encourage you dear one, He does not ignore the cries of His people. He has not ignored your cries. Just as God had a sovereign plan designed to free His people from slavery, He has a sovereign plan to free you from that which holds you captive.

The cries of the Israelites were heard and answered in Exodus chapter 13. Finally, they were going to be free from the bondage of slavery to the Egyptians. Don't you know they were thrilled beyond words? Life in total freedom was just over the horizon! However, the plan for deliverance from Pharaoh led them straight from Egypt to the desert. Funny how God works, isn't it? The desert was God's idea of freedom.

Isaiah the prophet tells us in chapter 55 that God's ways and thoughts are higher than our ways and thoughts. I do not know about you, but that gives me great comfort. Exodus 13:17 demonstrates this concept, "When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, 'If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt '" (NIV). I really like short cuts, but God thought the short cut out of Egypt was not the best route. He was even gracious enough to explain His reasoning.

God wants to deliver us from our bondage, but many times we want the easy way out... a short cut: "Get me out of this mess Lord, but please don't let the way out cause me any pain or inconvenience." God knows our weaknesses. He knows how easily we would slip back into bondage if we faced adversity in the easy way out. In His great wisdom and sovereignty His plan for the exodus of our bondage is not the quick, easy way. He will lead us out through a path that will create a dependency on Him. This path will also strengthen our relationship with Him, give us a renewed assurance of our faith, and equip us for a possible slip back into the pit. Read in Exodus verses 18-19, "So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea . The Israelites went up out of Egypt armed for battle." Did you catch that last part about being armed for battle?

The way out of bondage is sure but not always swift. In some situations God shows His great mercy and the exit is quick -- we're left in awe by His power. In other situations, God chooses to take us by the desert road to strengthen us. Two things are certain no matter the route: victory for us and glory for our God.

Dear Lord, thank You for not ignoring the cries of Your people. I realize through Your Spirit in me that I can wait on Your perfect deliverance from my current Egypt . I can't wait to celebrate the victory. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Thanks alot for this. I believe The Holy Spirit led you to post this because as I was reading, about half-way through He said, "Keep reading."

Alot of the times, The Holy Spirit will speak to me before I actually do something. So, I'm guessing that about 1/2 way through your post, I might have stop reading like, "Yeah, I know this." But he encouraged me to continue and for that I bless you to receive all the blessings mentioned in Deuteronomy 28.:yep:

Nice & Wavy

You are more than welcome, my sister :kiss: Wouldn't that be something....Shimmie and I co-author a book...praise the name of Jesus!

God bless you for this message!! :bighug: Sometimes when we think of our 'own' problems in the world currently, when tend to forget that God has already solved them eons ago!! :smile:
Amen, sis. We do tend to forget sometimes, but God.... :kiss:

WOW, I needed this today thank you again for sharing.
Praise the Lord...I'm so happy you got blessed! :kiss:

wow! The Spirit of God spoke to you today..and that's all I'mma say!!!! :

:yep:

:rosebud:
Hallelujah! All glory, honor and praise be to Our Father!!! :kiss:

Thanks alot for this. I believe The Holy Spirit led you to post this because as I was reading, about half-way through He said, "Keep reading."

Alot of the times, The Holy Spirit will speak to me before I actually do something. So, I'm guessing that about 1/2 way through your post, I might have stop reading like, "Yeah, I know this." But he encouraged me to continue and for that I bless you to receive all the blessings mentioned in Deuteronomy 28.:yep:
:cry: praise you Lord, praise your Holy Name!

Thank you, sis :kiss: ...I receive that in Jesus Name!

ClassicChic

He is amazing!!!!!!

I was just sitting here saying "Why has God not given me the desires of my heart". I started to cry and have a pity party. I come to LCHF and this is the first thread I see. Wow. I know He wanted me to hear this message.

Thank you so much. I cannot express what this has done for my spirit.

Nice & Wavy

He is amazing!!!!!!

I was just sitting here saying "Why has God not given me the desires of my heart". I started to cry and have a pity party. I come to LCHF and this is the first thread I see. Wow. I know He wanted me to hear this message.

Thank you so much. I cannot express what this has done for my spirit.
He loves you so much, sis. He loves you sooooooooooo much and wants the BEST for you.

:bighug: :kiss:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Wonderful message, Pastor Precious Wavy. :grouphug2:

For even in 'our' groans, yet His love for us, endureth forever... :love2:

kooskoos

AMEN!!!! I feel like this all the time :lachen: God really is good though, and I know that this desert I'm in is a blessing, so I'm trying to stick it out...

Nice & Wavy

AMEN!!!! I feel like this all the time :lachen: God really is good though, and I know that this desert I'm in is a blessing, so I'm trying to stick it out...

And after you have done all to stand....STAND and gird up your loins!

God's love is surrounding you...hallelujah!

Luxlii

Thank you ladies for this information. I always get blessed when I come in here. God is good anyhow and I will keep you in my prayers please do the same for me and my family.