The Mane Choice: Do It Fro The Culture

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Ladies,

Whose going to try TMC's new line Do It Fro The Culture? It looks like it launches on Friday. I need someone to report back on the fragrance/smell.

The ingredients look good from what I can see on Sally's website. My hair loves aloe vera and SAA's. It also has black seed oil, evening primrose and charcoal.

GGsKin

They're coming for Tresemme and SM with all these lines. Good for her. But something about it... Aside from the Manetabolism pills, my experience has been a mixed bag with the AE and HH lines (I've used a couple of DCs, leave-ins and the 24k gel). I'm not intrigued yet.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Nothing from TMC has made me want to jump up and try it. I tried the biotin gel and it was a dud. I tried the Braid it glaze and it was a dud. Im just not hyped. I like her vitamins and that's about it

with that being said, when Black Friday rolls around and its a good enough sale, I will try this line out

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
The Mane Choice and Camille Rose are oversaturating me. Is that a word? sounds like a word... imma use it, LOL.

I'm getting Sheamoisture Vibes. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about expansion but its like okay, we see a trend in an ingredient... lets throw a product line out... its like 4 or different lines and I'm all confused. :confused:

Shescentit doing it to me slightly. I cant use a lot of ingredients other folks love, so I get excited when I see new innovative ingredients......... until I actual read the ingredient list.

I don't want shea butter, anything coconut, no aloe vera..... no avocado....... nothing protein heavy....... Wow a sister.... like Soultanicals keeps reeling my dumb butt in.

Sister dropping CHEBE and GINGER!!! :eek:

sorry, I'm rambling, forgive me.... :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@shawnyblazes
I don't buy much from TMC. I do want to try their Vita.mins tho'.

Never was a SM "Fan" of anything they made/had and never really bought anything consistently put the Africa.n Blac.k Soa.p Purification Hair Mask (until they discontinued it).:angry2: Still holding on to about x3-x4 jars of this.

I recently bought some detangler (forget the name) at Marsh.all's on Clearance for 3-Fiddy.:look:

SSI ain't going nowhere. Will always support them, Sprouted Curlies (new to me) and CO (whenever it returns). Will always keep them, Hairveda and a few others in my stash. Always.:2inlove:

faithVA

I like MC. So far it is the only line that works for me. I can use and entire line from shampoo to styler and have decent results.

However I don't understand all the lines. When a new line comes out I'm not understanding what makes it different from the last line. Now when using them I can honestly say I can distinguish the difference between the lines but I wish on her website or in her marketing material she was more clear about who or what 5he line is targeting.

I won't be trying this line since I have no clue what it is for.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I tried to buy the $60 box, but it was sold out. So, that's the universe wanting me to know what it smells like first.

Now, I want to know what "Decent" hair is per the text in her most recent IG post. Le Sigh!

Am I reading this post incorrectly?

Karmi

I need her to relax with all these lines. I'm still trying to get through the Hevenly Halo line; I'm 2 or 3 lines behind.

But yeah, I'm getting SM vibes with Mane Choice. She's making it difficult to just rock with her brand with over saturation of products. I faithfully repurchase KCCC and KCKT when I run out. Easy choice that's all they have for a leave in and gel and it's the GOAT to me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have absolutely Zero interest in:
4 Clover
Pink Lemonade

I have a couple things from the Original (I guess) and a couple things from Heavenly Halo and the Moringa one?

I want something from the Egyptian Line since everyone says it smells so good, but haven't purchased anything from it (yet).

And since she goes 40-50% I'm always compelled to wait for a Sale instead of buying Full Price.

And I do want to eventually try the Vits to offset my Phytophanere.

leona2025

I have absolutely Zero interest in:
4 Clover
Pink Lemonade

I have a couple things from the Original (I guess) and a couple things from Heavenly Halo and the Moringa one?

I want something from the Egyptian Line since everyone says it smells so good, but haven't purchased anything from it (yet).

And since she goes 40-50% I'm always compelled to wait for a Sale instead of buying Full Price.

And I do want to eventually try the Vits to offset my Phytophanere.

I couldn't try the pink lemonade. I smelled it in walmart. It wasn't a bad smell, but it immediately turned me off. I could never use it. I want to try the heavenly halo dc. I have staple shampoos. I tried the Ancient Egyptian shampoo and conditioner and was not impressed. I mainly like the gels and leave in.

Chromia

Just checked out a few items from the new line. Not impressed with some things in the ingredients list, like polysorbate 20, PEG-40, and fragrance/parfum.

I've used 2 items from the Ancient Egyptian line that are ok but I won't repurchase. There's a conditioner & a mask I want to try from the Pink Lemonade & Coconut line because they're protein-free.

Not interested in this new line though.

Aggie

I’ve never tried anything from this brand. I was interested at some point and did a search for reviews. There were many, but I couldn’t find a single one that wasn’t sponsored. That made me not trust that the products were actually good. I may give them a chance now anyway.
Herein lies the problem for me @bolded. I hate sponsored reviews. I prefer real, brutally honest ones. Sometimes what does not work for someone would do wonders for me. So I prefer ultra-transparent honest reviews.