THE MEGA HAIR DIET CHALLENGE 2008

Nanyanika

Hi girl, you have an excellent head start you began 8 weeks ago, what's the results so far? i love your regimen what's your opinion of the ambrotose powder? I'm glad you incuded smoothies, i had a whole menu of these including juices and i found that i deleted them from my drive. your hair is very beautiful.

Alright, Den, I'm in, too, because I started about 8 weeks ago, but since I was coming from soooooo far behind, I'm about even with everyone else!!! LOL

Supplements:
Ambrotose 1 tsp. 2x/day
Ambrotose AO 2 caps 2x/day
Plus 2 caps 2x/day
MSM 2500 mg 2x/day
Silica 24mg 2x/day
Biotin 2mg 2x/day (trying to work up to 5 mg/day)
B-Complex 100 1cap 3x/day
Multi plus greens 2 caps 2x/day
Water 80 oz./day minimum

Diet includes smoothie with soy protein, fruit, fish oil daily; almonds, salads with meat added; plenty of vegs. and lean meats. Only vice is chocolate, to which I have passed all my allergy treatments!!!! YAAAAYY!

Exercise routine has been running 20 minutes 3 times per week. Will increase to 30 minutes 5 times per week.

ETA: Ooops! I forgot my reggie: Cowash 3 times per week, Prepoo with oil overnight, then either with avocado, molasses, buttermilk (add egg every 2 weeks) banana OR leave out avocado and egg and add conditioner, DC each wash/cowash, apply EO blend daily. Rollerset hair on Saturdays. Henna (amla/shikakai powder, avocado/coconut milk) 2 to 4 times per month on Saturdays.

Goal: 3 inches past BSL by Christmas, and run marathon in Feb 2009. My length 4 weeks ago:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Doc put me on a great diet. I wasn't fat but I just wanted to lose about 10 or 15 pounds. A lot of fruits, veggies and protein (fish). I've been doing great and am back at my ideal weight, but I am trying to lose about 10 more pounds. I can tell that just getting rid of the sugar and all the carbs has helped tremendously, especially with my energy levels.

So I doing that plus a good multivitamin, the Alta Silica (thanks, Vev :kiss:), a standard hair vitamin that contains biotin, aminos, zinc, iron, msm, and pantothenic acid. I take a b-complex vitamin as well...:yep:

Nanyanika

Hi, i've added your name to the list..... your regi looks great tell me more about the 30day lemon cleanse please? your plan looks very similar to my low GI plan.

We officially start monday 18th feb, to give others enough time to complete their shopping lists, the challenge must be completed by August 18th. that should be six months, someone double check this in case i've made an error

Hey Den I would love to join the challenge, I think this is just the push I need to get my body on point and my hair. I already planned to be in braids for the whole year, well minus the 2 wks resting period for my hair, so protective styles will not be an issue for me. I take my hair down at the end of this month so I can take a pic then.

CURRENT LENGTH: 1 inch above armpit
VITAMINS: Centrum muli -1x, Aloe Vera Caps-2x,B50-1x, Biontin5mg-1x, Flax oil 2tbs-2x day.
REGIMEN: Cowash 2/wk, moisturize everyday, seal with JBCO and oil my scalp with JBCO 2/wk.
HEALTH DIET: after I complete my 30 day lemon cleanse on March 10th, I will transition for 5days and then eat clean for the remainder of the Challenge. Meaning no fried foods, no butter, no carbs, or sweets soda which I dont drink anyway, I plan to eat a protein with every meal, fruit, veggie and water, I also want to start eating more cold water fish at least 3-4/wk. Getting my water intake won't be a problem, since i drink plenty of water anyway.
ACTIVITY: walking and other types of cardio, lawd might have to try lite weight training since im goin to take in alot of protein but we shall see,lol.
GOAL: somewhere close to brastrap and a healthier body.

think thats it, oh yea when does it start and end, thx Den1

Nanyanika

Hi girl, you can still join without taking vits, just follow a healthy balanced diet. thanks for the compliment on my weave, i seemed to have fooled a few people, not deliberately though lol

Wow this seems really good but I wont be able to join because I can never remember to take any vits.

But I love your wig Den...i saw your siggy last night and I was like woaaaaah...but then read your siggy and calmed down some!

Lol
Uzz

Nanyanika

hi girl, welcome to the challenge, you have a great regimen, i can't wait to get my energy levels back too, this is what i'm focusing on getting rid of the refined carbs and introducing healthier options.

i need to take a b-complex because i tend to get stressed easily, unfortunately i can't stand the smell of them so i'll have to look into foods that contains b vits.

Doc put me on a great diet. I wasn't fat but I just wanted to lose about 10 or 15 pounds. A lot of fruits, veggies and protein (fish). I've been doing great and am back at my ideal weight, but I am trying to lose about 10 more pounds. I can tell that just getting rid of the sugar and all the carbs has helped tremendously, especially with my energy levels.

So I doing that plus a good multivitamin, the Alta Silica (thanks, Vev :kiss:), a standard hair vitamin that contains biotin, aminos, zinc, iron, msm, and pantothenic acid. I take a b-complex vitamin as well...:yep:

cicilypayne

hi Den1 I want in. my regimen well its gonna be mostly diet, vitamins :perplexed never seem to work for me right now I'm on:

Andrew Lessmens Hair Skin and Nails 1x day
Flax Seed Oil 2xday
Kelp 1xday
NAC 1xday
fenugreek when I remember
Green Tea/ White tea when I remember

Exercise 4 days a week at least 45min

More fruits and veggies
less junk food
way less sugars

I love sweets:wacky:

at least 1 liter of water/day

Still don't know what to do about my hair.:wallbash:

Nanyanika

hi welcome, i've added your name to the list.

try to keep up with regular conditionings, moisturise and keep hair in a protective style of your choice.

hi Den1 I want in. my regimen well its gonna be mostly diet, vitamins :perplexed never seem to work for me right now I'm on:

Andrew Lessmens Hair Skin and Nails 1x day
Flax Seed Oil 2xday
Kelp 1xday
NAC 1xday
fenugreek when I remember
Green Tea/ White tea when I remember

Exercise 4 days a week at least 45min

More fruits and veggies
less junk food
way less sugars

I love sweets:wacky:

at least 1 liter of water/day

Still don't know what to do about my hair.:wallbash:

Kimberly

Hey, Den1! I would love to join your challenge! Six months falls right in line with some other things that I have planned :yep: I just came off of the Pinkalicious challenge so I think it should be pretty simple for me to roll right into this one. I'm out of town for the weekend and won't be home until late Monday night so I'm not sure what all vites I have that I will be taking for this challenge. All I brought with me are

Vitamin Shoppe Zinc 50mg 1x daily
Nature's Way Alive! Whole Food Energizer Multi-Vitamin 2 vcaps 1x daily

I also ordered some Gro-Aut multis that should be delivered early next week that I will be taking

For my diet, I will continue my minimum 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily that I started on the Pinkalicious challenge. I drink about 100 ounces of water daily and I will also be drinking the "Vermont Cocktail" daily along with at least one cup of some kind of tea...I have all kinds. Lean proteins, of course, and hopefully, cut all the way back on sweets. I don't hardly drink sodas now, as it is.

For my fitness, I will continue with my minimum 30 minutes daily but I will up my cardio and incorporate strength training. I have a personal goal of being able to do 15 pushups by May 15 and I currently have no upperbody strength.

For my protective style, I will bun everyday and baggy most days under my phonybun. CW 1x per week. Poo with DC 1x per week. Scalp massages at least 3x per week.

I'll edit my vitamin list when I get home and have my sweet bf take my starting/before pics tonight or in the morning.

Let me know if there's anything I'm forgetting.

ETA: Currently, I am at SL and my goal is to be about 2 inches from BSL by the end of the 6 months. So, I have about 5 inches to go. I'm also adding my starting pic.

Attachments

• hair2-17-08.jpg
    hair2-17-08.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Lioness

Hey Den!!! How have you been? Pls accept condolences.

This challenge came at just the right time, God bless u!
I am sooo in.

CURRENT LENGTH:
Top of Bra Strap

VITAMINS:
Flaxseed Oil, Biotin, Sea Kelp (only a few pills left), B complex, NAC, EPO, Fish oils, Hemp Seed Oil, MSM, Holland and Barrett Hair Vits, Hydrolysed Collagen (I don't take all on the same day- I rotate)

REGIMEN:
Weave 90% of the time. Spray with braid spray concoction every other day and oil with "Sulphur-Veda"- my aryuvedic/sulphur oil mix :grin:

HEALTH DIET:
Vegetable every day, carrot juice mix (carrot juice/wheatgerm/EPO/Flaxseed/Hemp/Biotin)

GOAL:
MBL by December 2008.

Good luck every1 x x x

Nanyanika

welcome :wave:
if you don't have all the vits, you can eat foods that containall the right nutrients. remember to list your goals!!

Hey, Den1! I would love to join your challenge! Six months falls right in line with some other things that I have planned :yep: I just came off of the Pinkalicious challenge so I think it should be pretty simple for me to roll right into this one. I'm out of town for the weekend and won't be home until late Monday night so I'm not sure what all vites I have that I will be taking for this challenge. All I brought with me are

Vitamin Shoppe Zinc 50mg 1x daily
Nature's Way Alive! Whole Food Energizer Multi-Vitamin 2 vcaps 1x daily

I also ordered some Gro-Aut multis that should be delivered early next week that I will be taking

For my diet, I will continue my minimum 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily that I started on the Pinkalicious challenge. I drink about 100 ounces of water daily and I will also be drinking the "Vermont Cocktail" daily along with at least one cup of some kind of tea...I have all kinds. Lean proteins, of course, and hopefully, cut all the way back on sweets. I don't hardly drink sodas now, as it is.

For my fitness, I will continue with my minimum 30 minutes daily but I will up my cardio and incorporate strength training. I have a personal goal of being able to do 15 pushups by May 15 and I currently have no upperbody strength.

For my protective style, I will bun everyday and baggy most days under my phonybun. CW 1x per week. Poo with DC 1x per week. Scalp massages at least 3x per week.

I'll edit my vitamin list when I get home and have my sweet bf take my starting/before pics tonight or in the morning.

Let me know if there's anything I'm forgetting.

Nanyanika

hello welcome, thank-you for your support, I'm keeping strong in the Lord, and may God bless you too. Your currently the same length as myself. i love your hair regi, its very simple... how long do you keep your weaves in for? i'm unsure how long to leave m,ine in, many people say as a rule not to exceed 6 weeks. Do you shampoo/condition your hair underneath?

I wish my fellow challengers...Good luck and God's blessings

Hey Den!!! How have you been? Pls accept condolences.

This challenge came at just the right time, God bless u!
I am sooo in.

CURRENT LENGTH:
Top of Bra Strap

VITAMINS:
Flaxseed Oil, Biotin, Sea Kelp (only a few pills left), B complex, NAC, EPO, Fish oils, Hemp Seed Oil, MSM, Holland and Barrett Hair Vits, Hydrolysed Collagen (I don't take all on the same day- I rotate)

REGIMEN:
Weave 90% of the time. Spray with braid spray concoction every other day and oil with "Sulphur-Veda"- my aryuvedic/sulphur oil mix :grin:

HEALTH DIET:
Vegetable every day, carrot juice mix (carrot juice/wheatgerm/EPO/Flaxseed/Hemp/Biotin)

GOAL:
MBL by December 2008.

Good luck every1 x x x

Ntrlmystik

I had a feeling that's why people haven't responded to my thread....i was like what the hell have I done now?...My hair is progressing well, so i want to challenge myself to accomplish my old natural hair goal, I guarantee you, i will reach it without any setbacks....i know people don't believe in me on this forum, but i believe in myself, I did it before and I can do it again. Sit back and watch

Girl, why wouldn't anyone believe in you? If there is anyone that has great, clear documentation of progression its YOU! You are the truth wehn it comes to growing out some hair quickly! I know you will do it. I wish that I could have the same determiniation and discipline when it comes to my hair but I am not there yet. I am not going to join the challenge but I will take a few of the steps and see what happens in six months!

MzOptimistic

Hello Ladies,
I am so very determined to reach my hair and body goal this year.
Six month challenge, officially starts monday 18th feb, to give others enough time to complete their shopping lists, the challenge must be completed by August 18th.

In 2004, I devised an intensive vitamin routine, high protein diet, regular excerise and followed by a modified crown n glory method, which took me from top of bra-strap to near waistlength... within six months

old vitamin regimen 2004

foti 560mg 3x a day,
Granovita flaxseed oil 2teas a day
body fortress amino acid 1500 12 tablets a day
solgar zinc 50mg 2x a day
holland and barrett b vits 2 a day
quest multinutrients 1 a day
msm 1497 2x a day(Maxi sulph),
holland and barret epo 1000mg x3 and u used to take a high protein diet all meats,lots veggies, complex carbs

I need (7 inches to reach waistlength) remember hair on average grows 6 inches a year, this means very good news for me.

This challenge is intensive but its only for six months, you are welcome to join, we will use the thread to reoprt on progress, any to offer/share tips and advice.

PERSONAL PROFILE:

CURRENT LENGTH: TOP OF BRA-STRAP
VITAMINS: Holland and Barratt Hair, skin and nails, Hydrolysed collagen, Amino acids 1000M,Omega 3 6 9, MSM, Pantothenic Acid (soon to add)

REGIMEN:WIG/WEAVE REGIMEN 2008

1. Cornrows under wig 4-5 weeks at a time
2. Ayurveda growth tonic daily on braids,
3. abundance scalp oil on sides
4. Shampoo with porosity poo and condition with Aphogee/porosity weekly.

Hair treatment

1. Unbraid cornrows with my homemade detangler and comb-out hair in section
2. clarify hair with pantene followed by porosity control shampoo
3 Ayurveda pre-mixed herbal pak 30min
4. use Phyto-organics Nexxus Enphuse reconstructor 20-30min
5. Condition with keracare/porosity con for 20minutes.

6.Apply Ayurveda growth tonic 3 in 1 and Naturals SheaNourish creme to hair.
7. airdry 70%
8. blowdry in six sections on cool setting.
9. Next day put cornrows back in

HEALTH DIET: Low Glycemic
Here is more information what vitamins and foods can do for health and hair
http://www.mydelouisenaturals.com/hairnutrition.htm

ACTIVITY: Aerobic excerise and regular walks

GOAL: lose weight, Achieve thicker and healthier hair

We will post results at the end of the challenge so take a before picture,

ok we have our list of challengers

den1
gymfreak
locabouthair
scarcity21
nutella20
moroni
ILuvsmuhgrass
StellaB
Dreamsicles
serenity peace
cicilypayne
Kimberly
lioness

please provide details of your regimens

AWWWW man. I have incorporated some of your regimen into my regimen and I strongly believe it has helped me reached my current lenght. Every vitamin you have said was good I tried and they were the TRUF:yep:. Anyways, I'm popped because I just bought work out dvd's, dance dance revolution stuff, and my very own playstation 2 system (stingy arse kids:rolleyes:) to get my cardio on, so I can't join this challenge 100% percent right now but ladies she know the business. Sorry, to HJ but den 1 is the bomb:yep:

Nanyanika

Aww thanks for showing me some faith girl....I'm very excited about this challenge, its also very educational, I will be putting together a nutrition hair guide based on my personal experiences over the past four years of my journey. i'm expecting excellent results, that i received a few years ago. i plan to use this experience as a way of life, not soething to do then forgot about it, i really hope to improve the quality of my life.

Girl, why wouldn't anyone believe in you? If there is anyone that has great, clear documentation of progression its YOU! You are the truth wehn it comes to growing out some hair quickly! I know you will do it. I wish that I could have the same determiniation and discipline when it comes to my hair but I am not there yet. I am not going to join the challenge but I will take a few of the steps and see what happens in six months!

Nanyanika

Hi girl, i'm happy to read your testimonial, nutrition is the BEST, thanks for sharing.

AWWWW man. I have incorporated some of your regimen into my regimen and I strongly believe it has helped me reached my current lenght. Every vitamin you have said was good I tried and they were the TRUF:yep:. Anyways, I'm popped because I just bought work out dvd's, dance dance revolution stuff, and my very own playstation 2 system (stingy arse kids:rolleyes:) to get my cardio on, so I can't join this challenge 100% percent right now but ladies she know the business. Sorry, to HJ but den 1 is the bomb:yep:

angenoir

Hello Ladies

This sounds like a great challenge... especially the part about healthy eating, diet and exercise... I would definitely love to do that.

About the supplements. I only take one mutlivitamin for general health and this was recommended by my doctor after a normal check-up.
I notice that some people are taking quite a number of vitamin supplements. I am sure most of you have checked it out to ensure that the quantities and types you are taking are ok. I just thought to add a post here to remind those new to the supplement game that too much of a good thing can be dangerous. Please be sure to check what you're taking and in what combinations. See the link I found below:
http://www.articlesalley.com/articl..._Vitamin_Supplement_Side_Effects_&_Its_Impact

Happy growing!

Nanyanika

thanks, for reminding me, i'm placing this link on the first page

Hello Ladies

This sounds like a great challenge... especially the part about healthy eating, diet and exercise... I would definitely love to do that.

About the supplements. I only take one mutlivitamin for general health and this was recommended by my doctor after a normal check-up.
I notice that some people are taking quite a number of vitamin supplements. I am sure most of you have checked it out to ensure that the quantities and types you are taking are ok. I just thought to add a post here to remind those new to the supplement game that too much of a good thing can be dangerous. Please be sure to check what you're taking and in what combinations. See the link I found below:
http://www.articlesalley.com/articl..._Vitamin_Supplement_Side_Effects_&_Its_Impact

Happy growing!

Last edited:

Lioness

hello welcome, thank-you for your support, I'm keeping strong in the Lord, and may God bless you too. Your currently the same length as myself. i love your hair regi, its very simple... how long do you keep your weaves in for? i'm unsure how long to leave m,ine in, many people say as a rule not to exceed 6 weeks. Do you shampoo/condition your hair underneath?

I wish my fellow challengers...Good luck and God's blessings

Thanks Den, Keeping it Simple is the key... I keep my weave in for minimum 4 weeks, maximum eight weeks. I only shampoo my scalp when I wash, as I frequently spray my home made leave in conditioner on the braids underneath, and try to keep the scalp as clean as possible thus facilitating faster growth, and keep the hair itself moisturized, thus retaining length.

ravenmerlita

I'd like to join. My diet/nutrition is :nono: and I'm very inconsistent with exercise. I have to do some research and figure out my plan/regimen for the challenge.

Moroni

Hi girl, you have an excellent head start you began 8 weeks ago, what's the results so far? i love your regimen what's your opinion of the ambrotose powder? I'm glad you incuded smoothies, i had a whole menu of these including juices and i found that i deleted them from my drive. your hair is very beautiful.

My results so far have been more energy. I can feel a difference in my NG, too. I've been a proponent of Ambrotose for years....I've seen several cancer patients go into remission because of it.

My smoothie and juice recipes are pretty dull, rarely varying. When I juice fast, I mainly stick to carrot/celery/apple/broccoli with a little wheatgrass thrown in. Thanks for the compliment....looking forward to BSL!!!

PuffyBrown

Starting length: APL "wanna be".....

Vitamins

Rexall Hair, Skin and Nails 3x daily
Spring Valley Odorless Garlic 1000 mg 2x daily
Spring Valley Black Cohosh Root 300 mg 2x daily
Spring Valley MSM w/Glucosamine 500mg 3x daily
Rexall Biotin 5000 mcg 2x daily
Spring Valley Natural Super B-Complex 1x daily

Adding: Fo-Ti , Amino Acids Complex

Regimen

Co Wash Twice a week.
DC 1-2 times per week
Rollersetting 1x per week. Pin curl 1x week(when have time)
Clarify every two weeks with Shikakai Shampoo Bar
Keraphix protein treatment every two weeks
Emergencee Treatment (when needed)
Auyurveda treatment 1 or 2 times per month

Hair Care

Wear hair in protective styles
Wrap hair nightly

Health Diet

Lately I have been forgetting to drink plenty of water so I am going to set myself a schedule in outlook at certain times of the day to remind myself.
I eat pretty well.
I eat seafood at least 4times a week.
I eat a lot of grains.
I eat a lot of beans.
I drink tons of soy milk at least 2 11.2oz cans a day.
I eat a lot of vegetables especially broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, turnips, turnip greens
I love pasta but have stopped eating as much as I used to.
I will increase salad intake to daily for lunch. I currently eat about 2x per week.
I rarely eat fried foods (once or twice per month)
I rarely go out for fast foods. Only 1x this month so far.
I will continue to seek healthy foods to eat for variety.

Exercise

Focus on doing more yoga and Pilates.
Increase weight training for arms and back muscles

Try to get to 5 days of exercise.

Goal: Weight Loss, Slimmer waistline , APL to BS length

Last edited:

Nanyanika

I'd like to join. My diet/nutrition is :nono: and I'm very inconsistent with exercise. I have to do some research and figure out my plan/regimen for the challenge.

Welcome, thanks for joining, Don't worry, we all want to improve our diets, your in the right place, If you need any help let me know.

Nanyanika

I use to take Ambrotose the one by Mannatech,but it got really expensive. it contains a polysacchrides, which helps to build the immune system against dieases, there have been testominals about people recovering from cancer. I'm going to add some juicing and smoothie receipes in future.

My results so far have been more energy. I can feel a difference in my NG, too. I've been a proponent of Ambrotose for years....I've seen several cancer patients go into remission because of it.

My smoothie and juice recipes are pretty dull, rarely varying. When I juice fast, I mainly stick to carrot/celery/apple/broccoli with a little wheatgrass thrown in. Thanks for the compliment....looking forward to BSL!!!

Nanyanika

Execellent regimern i want to be like you one day, very soon

Vitamins

Rexall Hair, Skin and Nails 3x daily
Spring Valley Odorless Garlic 1000 mg 2x daily
Spring Valley Black Cohosh Root 300 mg 2x daily
Spring Valley MSM w/Glucosamine 500mg 3x daily
Rexall Biotin 5000 mcg 2x daily
Spring Valley Natural Super B-Complex 1x daily

Adding: Fo-Ti , Amino Acids Complex

Regimen

Co Wash Twice a week.
DC 1-2 times per week
Rollersetting 1x per week. Pin curl 1x week(when have time)
Clarify every two weeks with Shikakai Shampoo Bar
Keraphix protein treatment every two weeks
Emergencee Treatment (when needed)
Auyurveda treatment 1 or 2 times per month

Hair Care

Wear hair in protective styles
Wrap hair nightly

Health Diet

I eat pretty well.
I eat seafood at least 4times a week.
I eat a lot of grains.
I eat a lot of beans.
I drink tons of soy milk at least 2 11.2oz cans a day.
I eat a lot of vegetables especially broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, turnips, turnip greens
I love pasta but have stopped eating as much as I used to.
I will increase salad intake to daily for lunch. I currently eat about 2x per week.
I rarely eat fried foods (once or twice per month)
I rarely go out for fast foods. Only 1x this month so far.
I will continue to seek healthy foods to eat for variety.

Exercise

Focus on doing more yoga and Pilates.
Increase weight training for arms and back muscles

Try to get to 5 days of exercise.

Goal: Weight Loss, Slimmer waistline , APL to BS length