The Most-successful Ethnic Group In America Is...?

GeorginaSparks

I honestly thought Asians and i should be ashamed as a Nigerian :lol: Like everyone said, not surprised but I want to tell yall about our family lawyer's wife who's a Dr.

She went to med school at AGE 43. Migrated from Nigeria in the 80s with her children, raised them, was a nurse but her ultimate goal was to become a Dr. When her children grew up, she went to med school and now owns her practice! She's such an inspiration!

nysister

I honestly thought Asians and i should be ashamed as a Nigerian :lol: Like everyone said, not surprised but I want to tell yall about our family lawyer's wife who's a Dr.

She went to med school at AGE 43. Migrated from Nigeria in the 80s with her children, raised them, was a nurse but her ultimate goal was to become a Dr. When her children grew up, she went to med school and now owns her practice! She's such an inspiration!

She rocks! Love it! It's never to late to become who you want to be.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal

Amazing woman!

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I'm really glad that the narrative of successful Nigerians is starting to reach as much prominence as the narrative of the scammer Nigerians :look: because those fools really make things difficult for the rest of us reputation wise.
Girl let me tell you.... a “Nigerian scammer” was caught in my side of town earlier this year. Guess what, it was some old white man scamming folks, pretending to be Nigerian. Makes me wonder how many of these scammers are Nigerian or from any African country for that matter.

MizAvalon

HOLY COW!! :eek: That is seriously inspiring! :grin:

Duchesse

Just finished dinner with my Yoruba friend who told us (not in a bragadocius way at all) that her husband made 200k in 4 months from his business and it made me question my entire life existence lol. I love Love love seeing any of my black People succeed in life, and though I’m not Nigerian, gonna instill that work ethic in my pickney. She also has a million and one hustles and is always tryna put a sister on.

cheetarah1980

Girrrrrllllllll :lol:. Nigerians did what they always do. Upgraded the original and made it their own.

Not gonna mention any other countries, lets see how many people know anything about jollof that isn't Nigerian.

I'll wait.

Apparently by 2050? 1 in 50 young people in the world would be Nigerian- I suggest you start brushing up on your Yoruba and hausa . We no dey carry last
Y'all definitely made it your own... So much so you can keep that wet garbage to yourselves. Bwahahaha

almond eyes

Personally, I believe there are many many more Nigerians in the US, than the statistics state. Nigerians are amongst the most populous community in the world.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Kindheart

I'm really glad that the narrative of successful Nigerians is starting to reach as much prominence as the narrative of the scammer Nigerians :look: because those fools really make things difficult for the rest of us reputation wise.

I laughed reading this . This is so true ,once upon a time the reputation was all negative and now is mostly positive ,I have quite a few Nigerian friends and associates that are successful and overall great,smart , uplifting people to be around

sheanu

As one married to a Nigerian man this was my immediate guess. Based on the crowd my Hubby's family hangs with I would've been disappointed if the results were otherwise.

intellectualuva

Not surprised. My Masters graduation class was like 60% Nigerian names. Lol.

I swear anytime I tell someone I'm an Engineer they repeat my (Nigerian ) name and some version "of course you are" :rolleyes:. :lachen::lachen:

I was raised by my AA momma and step daddy, but it doesnt stop my real father from taking all the credit when I go to family gatherings on his side of the family. :rolleyes:

South Asians (specifically Indian) have taken that title for this generation.

okange76

I think the marriage expectations also help. There's no family who will allow their educated kids to marry someone without an education. The kids know not to try that with the parents and extended family. Marrying within the same social circles tends to create a never ending cycle of high achievers. Even if they marry a non-Nigerian, the person has to have some accomplishments to their name. Kids born in these unions grow up knowing what is expected and the cycle continues.

Nigerians pursuing "non traditional careers" are also expected to be at the top of their game. Chimamanda Adichie, is a very successful author. Her husband is a Medical Dr. There was no way she was going to bring home a starving artist in the name of love. Luvvie Ajayi is another one. When she gets married, watch and see. The man will be very well accomplished whether Nigerian or not.

GeorginaSparks

I think the marriage expectations also help. There's no family who will allow their educated kids to marry someone without an education. The kids know not to try that with the parents and extended family. Marrying within the same social circles tends to create a never ending cycle of high achievers. Even if they marry a non-Nigerian, the person has to have some accomplishments to their name. Kids born in these unions grow up knowing what is expected and the cycle continues.

Nigerians pursuing "non traditional careers" are also expected to be at the top of their game. Chimamanda Adichie, is a very successful author. Her husband is a Medical Dr. There was no way she was going to bring home a starving artist in the name of love. Luvvie Ajayi is another one. When she gets married, watch and see. The man will be very well accomplished whether Nigerian or not.
i seriously think she's a lesbian.