the new board look

newbeginnings2010

Hmm...I don't really like it. :nono:Too much white. It's blinding me. I don't have any problems getting used to technology, but I hope they consider getting rid of all the white.

AHeadOfCoils

I agree with the poster above, the color scheme is too bright. plus the titles of everything seem so small... My eyes are tore up already... :nono:

BonBon

Not to sound repetitive but I wish the different skin choices would come back.

I don't think I'm dyslexic lol but I'm finding it hard to focus.

Last edited:

MrsMe

Change is good but it will take me forever to get used to it. There's too much "blank" space and I can't tell where the posts start.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
The white background with the light blue font (showing the thread title) is very hard on the eyes. I am going to have to adjust my screen so I dont injure my eyes.

I wish I could change the skin of my profile. I liked that option.

Kurlee

I like it, just too much white. It's hard to follow the threads because the username area is a different colour and then the post and thanks are all together. I also miss the ability to change the colour. Kind of hard on the eyes. It's a nice upgrade though.

ellebelle88

I really don't want to sound like a complainer but I agree with all the others.

The posts are so difficult to distinguish between where one ends and a new one begins. And I hate the dulled out gray area that represents a post. I need a background color behind each post. The colors aren't too bad, but I do understand when people say that there is too much white going on. Overall, I like the design. It seems a bit more modern. I just kinda wish those 4 black girls up at the top had gotten jazzed up a little more. They're fly but I want them to be a bit more flyer! It is 2010! lol.

ElizaBlue

The lack of contrast removes depth and characteristics which made the old site feel homey. Now it seems too....sterile...almost clinical. The small font seems to further add to lack of contrast. I can see this may not be quite done as there is text showing off the boxes it should be contained in.

Don't like.

TracyNicole

I also don't like this new sterile appearance. Not only does it look clinical, it is harsh on the eyes and unwelcoming:(

LushLox

I really don't want to sound like a complainer but I agree with all the others.

The posts are so difficult to distinguish between where one ends and a new one begins. And I hate the dulled out gray area that represents a post. I need a background color behind each post. The colors aren't too bad, but I do understand when people say that there is too much white going on. Overall, I like the design. It seems a bit more modern. I just kinda wish those 4 black girls up at the top had gotten jazzed up a little more. They're fly but I want them to be a bit more flyer! It is 2010! lol.

Agreed, it's like the figures at the top don't quite mesh with the rest of the theme thus making it look uncoordinated.

Gee they must think we're miserable, whiney and ungrateful! :lol:

geejay

First of all, thanks for all your hard work. I understand and appreciate code upgrades, but the visual upgrade is not an improvement IMO.

I don't like the new appearance of the board. Overall, it's harder to read. The font seems smaller. the lack of contrast between sections of information

Also I have a large monitor and now the fixed width takes up less than half the browser leaving a large blank field on the right. I think the old width was wider and centered.

rainbowknots

I don't know if it's only me, but the board takes up only half the space on my monitor screen. Now I have the forum on the left and nothing but gray space on the right. Is it the same for everyone else?

kayte

there's no distinguishing boudaries...with the posts...it's open-ended
some of the "thanks numerals" spill onto blanks space and look ....mis-typed
or like typing errors

so..it's all very physically nebulous....and harder to navigate because it's
there is no real lines colors etc to mark a section.. as a section and..clearly
I think pyschologically it add confusion and ..lol a feeling of vague

the old site was kind of empoweirng..you could see who'd blogged immediately
who posted in what thread....etc
you logged right into community

now...it's much more....ephemeral....ghost like...so ...
maybe they will fix that?

Arcadian

Well, I think we should all give it time. vb4.0+ isn't exactly the easiest transition from where the board was ( and I'm speaking from experience), so I'm willing to wait for the other features.

-A

30something

This one isn't so bad at all, but I can't say I don't miss the old set up it was plain but straight forward especially the old google powered search. I doubt this is the final version of this change either so... I think it just in testing phase now

Kurlee

do you guys know how to change the subscriptions to only show what's recent and not all the threads I have ever subscribed to?

Thanks

Cien

Pink is my signature color
I don't like the new faint smileys and I keep quick replying. The quick replying may be user error, but regardless, it's irritating me.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to get used to it. *shrug*

JustKiya

*blink* Yeah, it hurts my eyes - it's kinda ugly, to be honest. And the font sizes are all wonky, and I can only imagine what a PITA it will be to access from my phone. :ohwell: Hopefully they won't leave it like this, and will continue to iron out the wrinkles.

pink gator

My eyes are burning. Is there a way to "fatten" up the fonts?

A lot of us here, like myself, are very nearsighted. I won't be able to read the posts anymore.