the new board look

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Well...I'm just going to come out and say it: since you guys did this "Upgrade" there have been significant problems with the funcionality of the board. For example, I will be viewing a thread and about 15 pages in, i'll go to click "next page" and it will give me an "error: this page doesn't exist" page! Then 3 times in the past few days I clicked on my own profile and it said I didn't exist on the site! AND on top of all that, the site is down. A lot more than it used to be. What's up with that LHCF?

lea86111

lol it's alright...i'm sure we all just need to let it grow on us...i mean, at the end of the day, it's still LHCF and it still serves its purpose. Also, i dunno if it's cause i log in from the phone but the "button" that makes you jump from thread to thread is still there...

MadisonK

Ok this upgrade makes me sad. I spend so much time on this board and just reading this ONE thread made my eyes red and burn. The color contrast or lack thereof is horrible.

Please change it back. I have enough confusion in my life. :(

Bnster

They need to do something about the colors for visiability. My eyes are watering staring at LHCF screen.

Kurlee

ya'll are so miserable. We pay 6.50 a year. That's like .54 cents a month. You know how much work it takes to do all these upgrades and changes? Yes, there are things that need to be tweaked, but it's not as simple as waving a magic wand. It's very time consuming and complicated work. For the little we pay, we get so much. STOP COMPLAINING; sounding like entitled like fifth graders. Just be patient. The kinks will get ironed out. i'm not a fan of white either but I would rather tolerate it and have little kinks, than no board for over a month. Geez!

KnottyGurl

I don't think it should be considered complaining b/c you post your opinion about the changes in a thread that asks for it. In fact, I think the admins are monitoring threads like these so they can focus on the small changes that will make most of the members happy. :yep:
$6.50, $1.50, I don't care. I work to earn every penny I spend, so that entitles me to say how I feel whether they listen or not. :lol:
Personally, I don't like the new changes...right now. I didn't like the change prior to this one either :look: but I got used to it. I'm sure I'll get used to this too. And I do appreciate all the work that went into this. :up:

JaneiR36

$6.50 X ### = ???

As I recall it this was one of the reasons to pay the small fee was to help with maintenance such as this. I don't really care about the money right now but people should be entitled to their opinions so long as they can express them respectfully.

loshed

ya'll just sound like a bunch of entitled whiners. It's really not that serious.

Lchf is a service and the posters are the customers. As part of that relationship there is going to be feedback, especially when the customer has issues. Nothing in the history of ever has ever gotten fixed by people just standing back and waiting. You have to make your problems known. It's how things work. I don't know this is making you so defensive.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Umm, if a person's EYESIGHT is being affected by viewing this site, then it really is that serious! Why are you complaining about the complainers? :scratchch

ya'll just sound like a bunch of entitled whiners. It's really not that serious.

Kurlee

Lchf is a service and the posters are the customers. As part of that relationship there is going to be feedback, especially when the customer has issues. Nothing in the history of ever has ever gotten fixed by people just standing back and waiting. You have to make your problems known. It's how things work. I don't know this is making you so defensive.
i'm not defensive, I just think the constant complaining and 50-11 threads are over the top and dramatic. :look: Give it a chance. It's been like two days and Nikos already said it's a work in progress, so I dunno what all the ranting and raving is for. It's annoying.

LittleLuxe

Sigh.

Alright I gave it a shot. I waited. I logged on at different times. Sorry not feeling it. I've tried but there's nothing currently about it (the general layout of the site) that's making me happy. I used to be on this site 24/7 but now I barely remember to log on because...it's just not pleasant. Since this is a work in progress, great, I eagerly look forward to where we end up but wherever it is...let it not be a slightly better version of this. That's all I really want to say. I think each website and forum should have a layout that appeals to it's viewers and works well in association with their message. Currently this layout feels very skeletal and bare bones to me whereas I think something slightly more warm and homey would work well with the 'LHCF family' theme which is very prominently discussed.

Right now I don't come on the boards much except just to check in and see how the upgrading is going, other than that, disinterested. I can't wait to be wowed by the amazing new changes that result in the board having both a new look and it's essential warm familiarity.

Last edited:

Lynnerie

I miss the old board. i really do not like the change because its hard to distinguish between posts. There needs to be a border around each post.

ThePerfectScore

I not longer hate LHCF's new look. I've noticed since even earlier this week there have been changes so the page is not so clinical and glaringly white. I am happy about the updates in being able to reply with quotes easily and also embedding youtube videos. Now if we can just give the Jump to first unread button back and also let me get my background back on my profile page to jazz it up, Ima be cool.

JaneiR36

I not longer hate LHCF's new look. I've noticed since even earlier this week there have been changes so the page is not so clinical and glaringly white. I am happy about the updates in being able to reply with quotes easily and also embedding youtube videos. Now if we can just give the Jump to first unread button back and also let me get my background back on my profile page to jazz it up, Ima be cool.

You might be referring to the little button to the right of the Envelope symbol to the left of thread titles that looks like a fast forward button rotated 90 degrees clockwise. A similar button is located to the right of the user name of the last poster, also when looking at the listings of thread titles (jump to last post).