~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

toinette

Tricking the president
I have only ever washed my hair loose twice since September. Today was the second time and never again! I shaved my head/BC'ed on NYE 2010 and I kept all my 6 inches so thats all the hair that i have. I usually wash and DC in twists, and wear a wig over it. But today I got the genius idea to do it loose and it was torture detangling and retwisting my hair afterwards.

Nuelle

I am 27 months post relaxer and just made APL. Here's to reaching BSL in 2012!
This is maybe the third time I've straightened my hair since the BC. I'll be back to my twists and twist outs in a couple weeks. With all that hair though, I haven't been able to make a proper bun when not straightened. The nape is much longer than the front and the middle is thighly coiled.

MummysGirl

Happy New Year Ladies :)

I'm a little over 3 years post relaxer :yahoo:

I straightened my hair and trimmed it, I trimmed at least 1.5 inches at the back - I hadn't trimmed all year! I'm loving my ends now :)

Here's a picture of my hair at 3 yrs post relaxer before and after straightening:

I had my hair in braids for a little over 2 months (Oct - Dec) and will be putting them back in braids this week :)

HHG Ladies :bighug:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Happy New Year Ladies :)

I'm a little over 3 years post relaxer :yahoo:

I straightened my hair and trimmed it, I trimmed at least 1.5 inches at the back - I hadn't trimmed all year! I'm loving my ends now :)

Here's a picture of my hair at 3 yrs post relaxer before and after straightening:

I had my hair in braids for a little over 2 months (Oct - Dec) and will be putting them back in braids this week :)

HHG Ladies :bighug:

Congratulations MG!

shadylane21

I am new bald! No transition, just bald! I kinda just decided I was ready for something new and told hubby to shave it off! I am super excited to see what grows out of this head! I have never really seen my natural hair since I have had a relaxer for as long as I can remember!

sweet_silvia88

I am new bald! No transition, just bald! I kinda just decided I was ready for something new and told hubby to shave it off! I am super excited to see what grows out of this head! I have never really seen my natural hair since I have had a relaxer for as long as I can remember!

wohooo girl congrats!!! saw your YT video!:yep:

Cheekychica

What is everyone using for styling and twisting? My HG (holy grail) no longer ships to Canada so I need to find something new. :sad:

(and Sheamoisture products aren't available in Canada as far as I know)

Eta: Actually just found sheamoisture products on honeyfig.com so..recommend away :grin:

Last edited:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
What is everyone using for styling and twisting? My HG (holy grail) no longer ships to Canada so I need to find something new. :sad:

(and Sheamoisture products aren't available in Canada as far as I know)

Eta: Actually just found sheamoisture products on honeyfig.com so..recommend away :grin:

Does Qhemet Biologics ship to Canadia?

Cheekychica

Does Qhemet Biologics ship to Canadia?

Foxglove Yes they do. I used to use the Amla & Heavy cream then stopped for whatever reason.

I ordered the LCL Terresentials mud wash. I was also eyeing the Pura cupuucu butter but based on reviews I don't think it's similar to the Mozeke I loved.

Last edited:

devin

I'm still transitioning. It's been 12 1/2 months now. I plan to bc next year. I have definitely had my share on difficulties, but I am excited! :)

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Hi all, it's been a while. Took my braids out and trimmed 0.5-1.5 inches to get rid of split ends
Here's my hair in a gelled pony with a phony puff

Braidout pony with a phony puff

Regular puff with my own hair

My first bun with my own hair!

SherylsTresses

Here's my flat iron update at 2 years and 6 months. I posted them in another thread as well...

Attachments

• Update Feb 2012.jpg
    Update Feb 2012.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Update Feb 2012 (2).jpg
    Update Feb 2012 (2).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Update Feb 2012 (3).jpg
    Update Feb 2012 (3).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 62
  • Update Feb 2012 (4).JPG
    Update Feb 2012 (4).JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Update Feb 2012 (5).JPG
    Update Feb 2012 (5).JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 71

reeko43

I know this may have been asked many times before so please bear with me. Since my hair is mostly one length all over after my chop it seems to fall in layers. Will this grow out naturally or do I need to get a cut? What have some of you done regarding this?

Anew

i'm not officially 2 years natural until the 18th of this month, but I took this latest pic last week

i had just taken a week old weave out and just gathered my hair into a puff, I had to pick my son up from school lol... didn't comb it out or anything

MummysGirl

A couple of pictures from the last week... I'll be putting my hair back in braids in a couple of days. This is a busy year for me... and I've found the best way to care for my hair in braids so 2012 is my year of extensions (braids) - http://youtu.be/lqHJj9yQbFE

Bun:

Braidout on blowdried hair:

HHG Ladies :)