The only reason I hate braid-outs

CutiePie0Five

Hi Ladies,

I just finished re-doing my braids for my braid-out, and I experienced two emotions:
The first was joy becuase I was so excited about my new growth. It's so pretty, and it's getting so long now! I've been transitioning for 6 months down so far! I can't wait til I'm allllll natural!

The second was disgust because every time I braid my hair I see how lame my relaxed hair is compared to my new growth. Plus, I haven't gotten a trim since my last relaxer in January, and I definitely need one now. One of my pet peeves is bad ends, so I'm trying really hard to not pick up the scissors myself (I don't want to butcher my hair). I'm trying to wait til next month to get a trim when I get my 1st blow-out, but I dunno if I can do it.

Plus, I 've had some breakage, so my hair is all different types of lengths. It's so frustrating!Anyone transitioning ever experience this?

By the way, since I've never gotten a blow-out before, I was wondering if I should go this month to "try it out" and see how it comes out instead of just waiting til next month (for my birthday party) or is that too much heat? I was thinking of going once this month to get a trim, and then going again next month to get it styled somewhat. I don't really use heat on my hair (rarely when I want to straighten my roots, which I haven't done in a while). So what do you think?

goldensensation

Congrats on your growth! I am sure that a trim will make you feel better about your hair AND make your hair look and feel better, so I see no point in waiting. Trimming Just a little bit can make a WORLD of difference! Dont be afraid to do a little bit (nothing major) yourself.

About the blow-out... if your relaxed ends are already super damaged, this may just make matters worse; and if your new growth doesnt respond well to the blow-out, that could mess up your six months of progress. So if I were you, I would consider saving the blow-out for the special event.

Good luck.

brownsugarflyygirl

HAHA! I feel that way every time I wash my hair...I have been transitioning for a year...my nappy hair just perks up and says HELLO to the world and my relaxed ends just sit there looking wack...and they are extra thin because the first half of my transition was spent trying to fry my new growth to match my relaxed ends...so I feel you on the breakage...I just keep the scissors hid...and hold my breath until December when I BC...so you arent alone...It happens to me too....