The orginal Fine hair thread 2013

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
HairPleezeGrow
How much indigo and henna do you add to your mix? Do you add any conditioner to yours? I have some that I took out the freezer. I might use it tonight but I really prefer more of the dark red that comes with henna and hibiscus. I really just wanna do the grays around my edges and I don't wanna waste it.

I use 1/3 of both mixed with a tsp of neem, brahmi, amla, aritha, & shikakai powders mixed with a tea bkend from Chargin Valley and some amla oil. I've used conditioner once b4 mixed in and it was a good combo too.

ETA- 1/3 cup and the conditioner makes it more like a gloss application.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

I've been Pathenolin', Castor Oilin' and Gelatinin' :)look:) this hair down for almost a month now. My goal is to thicken my strands/overall hair's density by September. Will it happen? *SHRUGS* Iunno :ohwell:....We can only hope!

Oh BTW I'll be doing a reconstructive treatment tomorrow...AKA a fine haired girls BFF :yep:!

Last edited:

Osha

I've recently started an ayurvedic routine after reading other members improvement with thickness, but on lazy days I like Philip Kingsly Extreme Elasticizer (it's a pre-poo), Redken All Soft Heavy Cream or L'Oreal Fibreceutic for my dc, I haven't found a shampoo that my hair can tolerate, even diluted. I keep it oiled with shikakai oil (Kadi Cosmetics) and worn in a bun or single braid. It's gross going around with oily, lank hair, but I get less splitting that way.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I've been Pathenolin', Castor Oilin' and Gelatinin' :)look) this hair down for almost a month now. My goal is to thicken my strands/overall hair's density by September. Will it happen? *SHRUGS* Iunno :ohwell:....We can only hope!

Oh BTW I'll be doing a reconstructive treatment tomorrow...AKA a fine haired girls BFF :yep:!

EnExitStageLeft are you trying to have a pony that resembles a horse's tail? Your hair is already so dense and full!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

EnExitStageLeft

quirkydimples

I use protein and/or an reconstructor bi-monthly. And ummm I'm a PJ, so I use ALOT of reconstructors lol. My faves are GVP Version of Joico KPAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin Condish, Curl Junkie Repair Me and a couple others.

EnExitStageLeft

Update on my wash day. I'm lazy and don't feel like prepooing or shampooing, so I'm going to DC on top of tea w/ steam and cowash it out with Trader Joes Nourish Spa. To DC I'm going to use a mixture of DC's: SD's Avocado Pudding, SD's Vanilla Silk, and a whole lotta' AO GBP for some much needed protein. I'll use the same mixture Wednesday when I cowash again, so that my hair's moisture/protein balance will stay in check.

I'm 14 weeks post and need all the hydration I can get. So if I'll goes well I may be cowashing my way to 20 weeks post. I'll just use Aubrey Organics GPB or Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin conditioner weekly to keep my protein thirsty strands in check.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Update on my wash day. I'm lazy and don't feel like prepooing or shampooing, so I'm going to DC on top of tea w/ steam and cowash it out with Trader Joes Nourish Spa. To DC I'm going to use a mixture of DC's: SD's Avocado Pudding, SD's Vanilla Silk, and a whole lotta' AO GBP for some much needed protein. I'll use the same mixture Wednesday when I cowash again, so that my hair's moisture/protein balance will stay in check.

I'm 14 weeks post and need all the hydration I can get. So if I'll goes well I may be cowashing my way to 20 weeks post. I'll just use Aubrey Organics GPB or Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin conditioner weekly to keep my protein thirsty strands in check.

I tried the CW thing until my stretch is over too but that didn't last because eventually I felt my scalp wasn't clean.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

EnExitStageLeft

@KiWiStyle

I'm going to be using Cleansing conditioners sometimes to cowash. Preferably one with slip, so i can detangle with it as well. I may even try dc'ing with WEN 613 and cowashing it out and detangling with Trader Joes....We'll see, nothing is set in stone yet. I like cowash, but I'm a shampoo believer so this may not even go down.

blondemane

Fine haired high density 4b checking in. I can't seem to get my breakage under control. I've always had slight breakage but it has gotten worse since I've colored it last summer (lighter box dye). I think I need to incorporate more protein and definitely a trim. THe good news is I just ordered a komaza hair care analysis this morning so I will have a better direction on what to do with my hair within a month!

1st attachment is before the color, on really stretched and dirty hair

2nd and 3rd attachment you can see some of the color (lighter) this was on blowdryed freshly trimmed hair

Attachments

• mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Photo on 2012-10-29 at 01.16.jpg
    Photo on 2012-10-29 at 01.16.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Photo on 2012-10-29 at 01.17.jpg
    Photo on 2012-10-29 at 01.17.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 42

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
I'm fine haired as well. I have decided to add Cassia to my routine about once a month and start back washing my hair weekly. I will be rollersetting. I'm about 90% natural (4a). My goal is to thicken my hair up by Christmas.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
OMG. I did a second indigo treatment. THe first was 2 weeks ago.

As soon as I rinsed I was like WOW! Instant density and plumper strands. I honestly thought henna was doing it but its nothing like the indigo. Need to find indigo on the ground. My hair is almost black now (which I wanted) but I dont want blue-black. Think I'll do henndigos for thickness once I cruise the local Indian markets for pure indigo.

Gryphyn

Wow how did I miss this thread before? I feel like I'm at home here! Finally my hair makes sense. I always thought I had done something to cause my see-through ends and splits. My hair has always thinned out so badly when it's processed too much now I know these are traits of my hair type and not just me :p subscribed and looking forward to thicker ends!

mshoneyfly

Welcome to the thread Kiwi and lisanaturally
There is a lot of good info here for everyone.

Hey Everyone!!
I had a lot of splits recently and used the Split Ender to cut them without taking away my length. I think the splits partly came from being impatient when combing my NG. I had a problem with tangling and matting at the end of a previous stretch. It left behind some major damage but the Split Ender worked really well. I like it a lot! :proud:

Im gonna DC and rollerset this weekend so I can see what it looks like wearing it down.

ETA: How is everyone doing??
Ive been wearing a ponytail slicked back with a lot of Eco Styler (7 weeks post texturizer). I had to go in with gel like it was a relaxer to get rid of that hump in the crown of my head.

My edges seem to be thickening up. I took some picks for fun to see what my edges look like. They seem to be improving but may be too soon to tell. I will henna, hibiscus, cocoa powder gloss next week :love: This will be my protein week though.

Last edited:

LadyRaider

How do you know if you have fine hair? Does it look like a lot of white folks' hair? I used to think I had fine hair, but yesterday I was plucking random hairs off my swimsuit after getting out of the gym pool (ugh) and noticed how big and strong and healthy my hair was compared to another wispy hair I pulled off my head.

Evolving78

@KiWiStyle

I'm going to be using Cleansing conditioners sometimes to cowash. Preferably one with slip, so i can detangle with it as well. I may even try dc'ing with WEN 613 and cowashing it out and detangling with Trader Joes....We'll see, nothing is set in stone yet. I like cowash, but I'm a shampoo believer so this may not even go down.

I really like SD go moist and I like creme of nature. I am a shampoo person. I started dcing in the shower, since I'm in there for 15-20 mins doing a bunch of other things. After I rinse, I apply a rinse out conditioner and work that through. Hair feels very moisturized without feeling coated.

coolsista-paris

OMG. I did a second indigo treatment. THe first was 2 weeks ago.

As soon as I rinsed I was like WOW! Instant density and plumper strands. I honestly thought henna was doing it but its nothing like the indigo. Need to find indigo on the ground. My hair is almost black now (which I wanted) but I dont want blue-black. Think I'll do henndigos for thickness once I cruise the local Indian markets for pure indigo.

i actually thought henna and indigo were the same thing. guess im wrong.

henna makes my hair soft and strong (i mix it ip with other ingredients). and it feels thicker at the touch.

i havent done it for a while now. too busy and i hate all the mess in the bathroom afterwards.

coolsista-paris

I'm thin haired as well I might try some ayurvedic products. I don't know what else to do besides protein.

you might have to try protein indeed and powders.

if its too strong sometimed you can add ingrients (like most do With henna)
if i use henna alone that will make my hair so so dry and tangled.

go slow on protein at first if your not used to it.

coolsista-paris

Wow how did I miss this thread before? I feel like I'm at home here! Finally my hair makes sense. I always thought I had done something to cause my see-through ends and splits. My hair has always thinned out so badly when it's processed too much now I know these are traits of my hair type and not just me :p subscribed and looking forward to thicker ends!

welcome home! your gonna have some reading to do! but a lot of advice in here!

we all keep learning although its been long for somepeople on this board.

we learn and learn!

FelaShrine

finehaired

Are you girls baggying your ends? also how often are you doing lco or loc methods?

Havent baggied in years but I did it last night after lco..ends are nice, soft and moisturize..I dont think I can do this everyday however since I dont wanna weigh my hair down by adding product everyday

or maybe i can just baggy without adding products?

mshoneyfly

finehaired

Are you girls baggying your ends? also how often are you doing lco or loc methods?

Havent baggied in years but I did it last night after lco..ends are nice, soft and moisturize..I dont think I can do this everyday however since I dont wanna weigh my hair down by adding product everyday

or maybe i can just baggy without adding products?

Hey felashine! :wave:
I usually baggy my entire head 3-4 nights a week but I used D&L 6-week anti reversion creme and flat ironed Sunday (Im 8 weeks post texturizer). So I want to keep my hair straight this week. I baggy all the time w/o product, though.

I am trying it on the ends tonight for the first time. I have tried loc and lco but it doesn't seem to make that much diff so Im just doing reg m&s.

Tonight I used Eden Bodyworks hair milk and Vatika coconut oil :love: cant wait to see how baggying works for my freshly dusted ends.

tinkat

I have definitely seen improvements in the past several months. I put my hair in a puff last week and realized that I'm getting my thickness back. My puff from jan looked so much thinner. I haven't touched a blow dryer since jan. I trimmed my hair a week ago and my hair definitely appreciated it. I am actually wearing my twist longer than I use to. They aren't frizzing and my hair doesn't itch like it use to after a few days.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I have definitely seen improvements in the past several months. I put my hair in a puff last week and realized that I'm getting my thickness back. My puff from jan looked so much thinner. I haven't touched a blow dryer since jan. I trimmed my hair a week ago and my hair definitely appreciated it. I am actually wearing my twist longer than I use to. They aren't frizzing and my hair doesn't itch like it use to after a few days.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks for the update. I've noticed a difference in my hair since I discovered hendigo. It's been gr8. My hair is thicker and fuller. Much stronger too.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Jobwright

Shea Moisture Yucca and Boabab has really been thickening up my strands. Has anyone tried it? It's a keeper for me!