The orginal Fine hair thread 2013

Inspiired

Hey guys, I've got a tip for you. Use castor oil! It's an absolute life saver. I had balding temples for such a long time and nothing seemed to work until I introduced castor oil.

[P]http://www.youtube.com/bootyfurl

coolsista-paris

Does anyone have any hair pictures of waist length fine hair.
if only my aunt would take pics....... i would have showed you. :-/ lucky her all my aunts have fine hair: 1 has wl natural hair 1 has mbl relaxed (has worn a curl too with this length) 1 has relaxed bsl ( she keeps it at that length ) i as a kid Was a natural with mbl and at a time wl apparently. ( always straightened by hot comb) well my hair was great! why isnt that happening anymore????!

Last edited:

krissyhair

if only my aunt would take pics....... i would have showed you. :-/ lucky her all my aunts have fine hair: 1 has wl natural hair 1 has mbl relaxed (has worn a curl too with this length) 1 has relaxed bsl ( she keeps it at that length ) i as a kid Was a natural with mbl and at a time wl apparently. ( always straightened by hot comb) well my hair was great! why isnt that happening anymore????!

You're tall. My little niece has maybe 7 or 8 inches of hair on her head and it's MBL.

mamaore

mshoneyfly... no I haven't used any of those products. I'm trying to incorporate more protein in my regimen. I have used a few reconstructors but I really did not see any difference. "(Affirm, Joico and Aphogee 2 min which I just started using).

I finished my bottle of Aphogee 2 min. I didn't notice any difference right away. However after my last touch up 3 weeks ago, it appears I retained more length. My breakage is still happening and I'm shedding more due to Thyroid issues.
Komaza hair analysis confirmed my hair is fine-medium with medium density. She recommended their protein. Which I'm going to try as soon as I can convince myself its worth $30.00 a bottle we get ripped off in Canada.

I have since started the LOC method and moisturize at least once a day. I now use a scarf religiously too.

My only concern now is a winter regimen. What are you all doing to winterize your hair. Its getting cold up north and I don't want to looose my progress.

MzSwift

I have since started the LOC method and moisturize at least once a day. I now use a scarf religiously too.

My only concern now is a winter regimen. What are you all doing to winterize your hair. Its getting cold up north and I don't want to looose my progress.

I also do a version of the LOC method. I've done it for the past 3 years with success. I also keep my hair under a satin bonnet or satin mens skull cap while at home. So when I get home, I M&S using the LOC and then cover with the skull cap for the rest of the evening. It also helps with HIH syndrome. LoL

Then in the morning, I do another M&S while styling just using my water-oil-condish spray mix and sealing with oil or cowashing and sealing with oil.

If my hair is covered by wigs or headwraps, I don't need to LOC each day, just M&S twice per day. I tend to keep it covered during the cold weather at least 2 wks/mth. HTH! :)

coolsista-paris

I also do a version of the LOC method. I've done it for the past 3 years with success. I also keep my hair under a satin bonnet or satin mens skull cap while at home. So when I get home, I M&S using the LOC and then cover with the skull cap for the rest of the evening. It also helps with HIH syndrome. LoL Then in the morning, I do another M&S while styling just using my water-oil-condish spray mix and sealing with oil or cowashing and sealing with oil. If my hair is covered by wigs or headwraps, I don't need to LOC each day, just M&S twice per day. I tend to keep it covered during the cold weather at least 2 wks/mth. HTH! :)

i never use the loc method because i hate when my hair feels weighed down. if i did this maybe i would be at longer lengths by now... also what type of cream do you use??

the liquid, is it like an s curl spray? any oil+ something like elasta qp mango cream , type??

NubianPrize

I use S Curl...old or new formula depending on how hair feels & what it needs...along with Qhemet's Burdock Root Buttercream(BRBC).I pre poo with EVCO or Vatika oil, wash with WEN fig ,then do oil rinse or DC. As for the LOC method, I'm experimenting with products. I've been trying out S Curl new formula as leave in, then EVCO, then BRBC, but it turns out better if I use S Curl again on top of that, esp overnight. If I wrap in satin cap I often wake up with dry shrunken oily feeling hair instead of the soft moisturized hair so many folks claim. Mine's only like that before bed. Apparently I must sweat or heat up in my head at night even tho I don't during the day. If anyone has a cure for that let me know! S Curl seems to prevent that.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MzSwift

coolsista-paris

Sorry my response is so late...

For me:

L= water/oil/condish spray mix (80% water) or just plain water

O= EVOO or Grapeseed Oil or Africa's Best Herbal oil or my EVOO/Grapeseed oil mix

C= a creamy conditioner (Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, Tresseme or even cholesterol condish)

Every now and then I'll throw on some Infusium 23 (liquid) for protein after rinsing with water and before the oil/cream. Also, if my hair has been exposed/out for a few days in a row, I seal the ends of my braids/twists with vaseline after I do the LOC.
HTH! :)

I know some people can get away with not using a lot of product on their hair but my thin strands need protection from the elements. My strands are also prone to fly away or frizz if I don't coat them well.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
My hair needs to stay coated too and if I wear it straight it really needs it to stay down since it's ALL fly away. Lol.

Straight days I load it up with LOTS of coconut oil at the roots and grape seed on ths length and ends before bed. It's pretty well absorbed by morning.

When wearing the afro, I will put a heavy butter or grease after washing, then touch it up the rest of the week nights with a water based liquid and lots more oil and or butter before bed.

I can not use a lotion. So it's just L-O-G-B :lol:

It's always mostly dry to the touch mornings probably because I'm also high porous and it all absorbs.

Last edited:

mshoneyfly

coolsista-paris
I saw your pics in the relaxer reveal thread. Gorgeous hair...even after cutting/trimming. I see you ended up getting no-lye, huh?? Thats what I use also. Your hair looks really good!! Nice and shiny too. So you're gonna relax on your own next time??

Its important to keep a good protein moisture balance with no-lye and to clarify regularly. Good luck with your regimen and newly relaxed tresses.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris Sorry my response is so late... For me: L= water/oil/condish spray mix (80% water) or just plain water O= EVOO or Grapeseed Oil or Africa's Best Herbal oil or my EVOO/Grapeseed oil mix C= a creamy conditioner (Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, Tresseme or even cholesterol condish) Every now and then I'll throw on some Infusium 23 (liquid) for protein after rinsing with water and before the oil/cream. Also, if my hair has been exposed/out for a few days in a row, I seal the ends of my braids/twists with vaseline after I do the LOC. HTH! :) I know some people can get away with not using a lot of product on their hair but my thin strands need protection from the elements. My strands are also prone to fly away or frizz if I don't coat them well.

thank you for these details :)

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris I saw your pics in the relaxer reveal thread. Gorgeous hair...even after cutting/trimming. I see you ended up getting no-lye, huh?? Thats what I use also. Your hair looks really good!! Nice and shiny too. So you're gonna relax on your own next time?? Its important to keep a good protein moisture balance with no-lye and to clarify regularly. Good luck with your regimen and newly relaxed tresses. I LOVE this HHJ!!

thank you!!! the stylist decided its better to use non lye :-/
im gonna clarify next week. then try co washing.
i need to find a good moisturizing confitionner. seems they all have protein in them?

i use apoghee 2 min, but ive not been using a moisturizing conditionner. that was maybe the mistake that broke my crown off like crazy. i guess it could be a reason.

if you have any moisturizing conditionners and dc in mind let me know. :)

i dont know if o should relax with lye or not.
i wanted more texture left on but its straight , bone straight. or thats because of flat ironning.

well im asking so much questions but its all new to me again.

Babygrowth

thank you!!! the stylist decided its better to use non lye :-/
im gonna clarify next week. then try co washing.
i need to find a good moisturizing confitionner. seems they all have protein in them?

i use apoghee 2 min, but ive not been using a moisturizing conditionner. that was maybe the mistake that broke my crown off like crazy. i guess it could be a reason.

if you have any moisturizing conditionners and dc in mind let me know. :)

i dont know if o should relax with lye or not.
i wanted more texture left on but its straight , bone straight. or thats because of flat ironning.

well im asking so much questions but its all new to me again.

If you want a drugstore co wash conditioner then hello hydration or Giovanni smooth as silk are excellent. Some "proteins" don't act as proteins and help to increase moisture in your hair. Now if you want some natural cowash conditioners then I absolutely love Shescentit Avocado condish and Hairveda Moist 24/7. You have to get those online. I also heard Silk Dreams destination hydration is good but you need to try the Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream DC. All of these companies are having sales right now! coolsista-paris I forgot you are overseas so I'm not sure about shipping.

coolsista-paris

If you want a drugstore co wash conditioner then hello hydration or Giovanni smooth as silk are excellent. Some "proteins" don't act as proteins and help to increase moisture in your hair. Now if you want some natural cowash conditioners then I absolutely love Shescentit Avocado condish and Hairveda Moist 24/7. You have to get those online. I also heard Silk Dreams destination hydration is good but you need to try the Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream DC. All of these companies are having sales right now! coolsista-paris I forgot you are overseas so I'm not sure about shipping.

thanks. all of this sounds delicious! yup im far from all of you. ànd shipping is so expensive sometimes. gosh. i will check everywhere.

there is a nice moisturizing ceramides conditionner here at a french grocery store. it has so much slip. i loved that stuff but havent bought it for months.

mshoneyfly

coolsista-paris
For a moisturizing DC I recommend Shea moisture purification masque. It doesn't have any protein and leaves my hair soft, moist and detangled. There are a lot of good reviews on Amazon and other sites. Another one by SM is the raw shea butter deep treatment masque. I add this to my henna and also my clay mixes. Its wonderful!!

And what about a cheapie but goodie: VO5 conditioners. They are great for cowashing to add moisture or as a rinse out.

If you have trouble with shipping costs, I recommend Australian Pink Clay powder. You can just mix it with water to restore moisture and use like a hair masque. Its wonderful too :yep: maybe you can find it at an ethnic market; maybe even wherever you buy your henna.

I hope this helps!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

MzSwift

I ran out of Safflower oil a while ago and didn't replenish until now. I just rubbed some into my hair after rubbing in my condish and my hair is so happy! Yay for ceramides! LoL

hareluvah

Thank you for this thread! I haven't read through the whole thing yet but I will. I have been natural for 19 years now. Good grief that's a long time! You would think I had hip length hair by now, but on the contrary. I actually just had my hair cut again tonight. It is now 1 inch all around after a cornrow disaster with my hair being pulled too tight and severe breakage when I took them down.

Can you believe that I just now, 19 years later realize that I have fine hair? I have a ton of hair and because of this it has always been called thick. I have about 4 different textures going on which makes retention even more of a challenge. I can't do heat or permanent color, or tight cornrows or braids. I remember thinking, this girl's hair looks like mine and she dyed her hair, how come my hair is crunchy? This person has my texture and they pressed their hair, how come I have heat damage? How on earth am I so tardy for the party?!!!

Anyways, I am thankful that I know now and am even more thankful for this forum. I hope to finally be able to GROW MY HAIR without all of these incidents that have caused me to cut my hair off over and over again.

My name is Hareluvah and I have fine hair:)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Which one of you lovely fine haired ladies is going to start a 2014 thread? If so tag me bc I want to join coolsista-paris! HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Tag me too please! I'm still reading through this one, but I want to stop lurking and contribute for 2014.