The Original Fine hair thread 2014 **

caliscurls

I've said before that my hair loves oils. I have found out that my hair's true love is specifically Argan/Moroccan oil. My hair has never felt so healthy and looked so shiny without looking greasy omg. It also smells so good. I 'll probably stick to Argan/Morrocan oil, Keratin Oil and Coconut oil from now on.
What brand of Keratin Oil do you use melahnee ?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
What light/medium protein treatments are you all using? I have SSI Okra in my stash and it doesn't seem like I need to dc afterward (although the instructions say to). I don't usually DC after light protein treatments. My hair felt soft after using the Okra. I went ahead and used a DC afterward anyway. Probably didn't need to.

I use Hairveda Acai Phyto, Curl Junkie Repair Me, or AO Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner. I don't need a moisturizing DC after these. I just use a moisturizing conditioner

melahnee

freecurl caliscurls I use Keratin Oil by OGX:

has worked pretty well for me. Argan oil/Moroccan oil are the better oils for me imo though.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I've been lazy with my hair lately, and it's starting to show. I ran to Duane Reade during lunch and bought the Keratin Oil by OGX and a travel spray bottle. I misted my dry frizzy ponytail with water and sprayed the oil. I really like it! :yep:

It smells good too. I'll also try their coconut oil since Ulta has a bogo 50% sale on OGX.

Thanks @melahnee!

LongCurlyLocks

I have fine hair and I try to use products that cater to that. I have been considering micros for a bit since I am growing my hair out and it's getting hot. I have been wearing a wig all winter. I know it will be too hot but because of the thin spot I'm afraid I will lose more hair with the micros. I don't know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sunnydaze

I have alot of fine hair.My wngs look like jerri curls, so I am working on doing twist outs more. I previously tried doing them on wet hair first, but found that twists come out kind of stringy and lacking volume.

I was reading a recent post on Curly Nikki where she talks about drying your hair under a tee-shirt first for about 30 minutes, then twisting. Anyone do this?

Also, how are you fine haired ladies maintaining your twistouts? Retwisting for me results in stringy, straight-ish hair.

randi415

I have alot of fine hair.My wngs look like jerri curls, so I am working on doing twist outs more. I previously tried doing them on wet hair first, but found that twists come out kind of stringy and lacking volume.

I was reading a recent post on Curly Nikki where she talks about drying your hair under a tee-shirt first for about 30 minutes, then twisting. Anyone do this?

Also, how are you fine haired ladies maintaining your twistouts? Retwisting for me results in stringy, straight-ish hair.

I do this! I can get 3-4 days out of my twist outs. When I retwist at night I do them about 3x bigger. My initial twist are usually flat twist.

krissyhair

Every day that I have used Blue Magic coconut oil grease, I have had good hair days. Just big juicy curls popping everywhere with lots of shine and volume.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I like how Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni and Monoi Weekly Treatment made my hair. My ends look and feel good.

Before

ForumRunner_20140524_233058.jpg

After
ForumRunner_20140524_233109.jpg

ForumRunner_20140524_233116.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Ivonnovi

I have fine hair that I used a maxi-glide on a few days ago. First let me say that I believe the maxi-glide along with grapeseed oil SAVED MY crunchy ends. (I had it set on 5)

BUT, I really came in her to post that I've gotten interesting results using a scarf as fluff in a goddess style braid. The curls were really nice, the bonus was how quickly I could put the braid in (crown style); and the comfortable nights rest. I did this for 2 days in a row. Tonight I'm trying this with 2 goddess style braids stacked.

coolsista-paris

Every day that I have used Blue Magic coconut oil grease, I have had good hair days. Just big juicy curls popping everywhere with lots of shine and volume.

i also had soft hair when using it.
im transitionning back and i think i will use it again and just listen to my hair rather than What everyone says (no grease,no heat,no this no that).

my hair did good With heat ( serum and tension method at 70% dry hair), and dusting : retension for me.

i will do more ps too. differents ones (twists use to break my ends)....

coolsista-paris

I have fine hair that I used a maxi-glide on a few days ago. First let me say that I believe the maxi-glide along with grapeseed oil SAVED MY crunchy ends. (I had it set on 5) BUT, I really came in her to post that I've gotten interesting results using a scarf as fluff in a goddess style braid. The curls were really nice, the bonus was how quickly I could put the braid in (crown style); and the comfortable nights rest. I did this for 2 days in a row. Tonight I'm trying this with 2 goddess style braids stacked.

im interested in this. can you show a picture?

coolsista-paris

I have fine hair that I used a maxi-glide on a few days ago. First let me say that I believe the maxi-glide along with grapeseed oil SAVED MY crunchy ends. (I had it set on 5) BUT, I really came in her to post that I've gotten interesting results using a scarf as fluff in a goddess style braid. The curls were really nice, the bonus was how quickly I could put the braid in (crown style); and the comfortable nights rest. I did this for 2 days in a row. Tonight I'm trying this with 2 goddess style braids stacked.

interesring. do you mind showing a pic?

Ivonnovi

interesring. do you mind showing a pic?

I did not take anypictures. AND my "stacked" goddess braidout was an epic fail. It may have been because it was so humid, and I did not use any products for styling.

Regarding the scarf here are a couple of youtube videos:
SonicGlide: now $100 on Amazon

melahnee

I've been lazy with my hair lately, and it's starting to show. I ran to Duane Reade during lunch and bought the Keratin Oil by OGX and a travel spray bottle. I misted my dry frizzy ponytail with water and sprayed the oil. I really like it! :yep:

It smells good too. I'll also try their coconut oil since Ulta has a bogo 50% sale on OGX.

Thanks @melahnee!

You're welcome! I'm almost halfway through my bottle, lol--it's been working real well for me!

randi415

Just posted this on the slow growers thread.

For the last few weeks I'd been doing these honey treatments and Co washing every other day. I noticed my edges looking a little thin so I decided to cut back to two treatments a week.

This Sunday I was doing my normal weekly DC and noticed some 1/2 inch strands so immediately I thought breakage but as I took a closer look I noticed they're all over and is not breakage is new hair! My hair seems to be getting denser! Not only am I a slow grower I have a mixture of thin/thick strands and low/medium density.

My hair seems to be the opposite of most my hair thrives w/ more rather than less manipulation. Protective styles and cleansing a few times a month causes my hair to shed and scalp act up. Cleansing frequently and styling a few times a week (combing/detangling only when I DC) makes my hair happy which makes me happy because I love to switch up my doo. :)

krissyhair

[USER=347179]randi415[/USER];20127627 said:
Just posted this on the slow growers thread.

For the last few weeks I'd been doing these honey treatments and Co washing every other day. I noticed my edges looking a little thin so I decided to cut back to two treatments a week.

This Sunday I was doing my normal weekly DC and noticed some 1/2 inch strands so immediately I thought breakage but as I took a closer look I noticed they're all over and is not breakage is new hair! My hair seems to be getting denser! Not only am I a slow grower I have a mixture of thin/thick strands and low/medium density.

My hair seems to be the opposite of most my hair thrives w/ more rather than less manipulation. Protective styles and cleansing a few times a month causes my hair to shed and scalp act up. Cleansing frequently and styling a few times a week (combing/detangling only when I DC) makes my hair happy which makes me happy because I love to switch up my doo. :)

What is the honey treatment?

randi415

What is the honey treatment?

It's to treat seborrheic dermatitis. Raw honey w/ a little distilled water that I put on my face and scalp for a few hrs every other night and then moisturize with Coconut oil. I was supposed to do it for 30 days and then once a week, I did 21 days. The honey works as an antifungal agent. I think the thinning resulted from me massaging the thick honey in a little to roughly.

Rainbow Brite

Hello ladies!

What would you say is most essential for the ends for fine strand ladies - moisture or oil or both?!

Really sorry if this has already been covered!

Thanks!

RB

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Hello ladies!

What would you say is most essential for the ends for fine strand ladies - moisture or oil or both?!

Thanks!

RB

Moisture, but my hair isn't big on oil. I use hair lotion, so I get moisture and sealant.

randi415

Hello ladies!

Thanks!
RB

I'd say both as well but I use oil right after washing before I apply any product. After my leave in and styler I like to seal my ends with a butter.

melahnee

The shine/improvement in health/increasing thickness in my blown-out hair is giving me a bit of motivation.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0025.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0025.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0024.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0024.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 61