The Original Fine hair thread 2014 **

Gryphyn

2 of my gfs recommended Saryna Key products to me. I picked up the 80% cream leave in and love it so far. It's nice and light and makes my curls pop. There's a fine hair line as well, but the 80% cream leave-in seems great for fine hair. Only problem is that it has parabens, which I try to avoid. I forgot to check the ingredients before I bought it.

melahnee

Just gave myself a deep (needed) trim and I'm sad :ohwell: Hopefully I quickly regain..my hair is soooo prone to splits..

coolsista-paris

I'd say both as well but I use oil right after washing before I apply any product. After my leave in and styler I like to seal my ends with a butter.

i add amla oiĺ after washing. i sometimes oil rinse with it.

girls try out amla oil. it is light, and it strengthens my hair as if there was hal proteine, half moisture.

amla oil is now my staple

charmtreese

Just gave myself a deep (needed) trim and I'm sad :ohwell: Hopefully I quickly regain..my hair is soooo prone to splits..

I was pretty sad about my recent trim as well, but my ends behave so much better now. I added biotin to my regimen to see if that will give me a growth spurt.

almond eyes

I have a question to anyone who has fine hair and relaxed and decided to shave their hair, did the new texture come out less finer?. I just shaved my hair and love it but wondered. I am seeing some interesting things with my hair and I like it so far.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Dilettante

I was pretty sad after my huge trim, but now I can admit how necessary it was. My ends were acting crazy before and I've noticed a lot less breakage in the weeks since. We'll regain all the length we cut in no time :yep:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
[USER=103105]coolsista-paris[/USER];20156619 said:
im gonna look at this.

do you seal after ? maybe you dont have to, i dont know

Not usually. Putting this on top of liquid is usually enough for me.

NefertariBlu

Can anyone suggest a moisturising deep conditioner? All my conditioners are protein based. I mainly use ors replenishing pak which is a light protein, but I can't seem to find one that doesn't contain protein. Is there such thing as a moisturising protein since most deep conditioners have them in them.

mshoneyfly

Can anyone suggest a moisturising deep conditioner? All my conditioners are protein based. I mainly use ors replenishing pak which is a light protein, but I can't seem to find one that doesn't contain protein. Is there such thing as a moisturising protein since most deep conditioners have them in them.

NefertariBlu
I swear by Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture. Its thick, ultra moisturizing and all natural. It got rid of my protein overload instantly and you can get it 'on the ground'.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

NefertariBlu

Unfortunately that made my hair really dry. I tried it so many times. That along with the leave in conditioner.

I want something affordable and easily accessible. I like the hairveda sitrinilah, but that is so expensive here and l have to buy it online.

randi415

i add amla oiĺ after washing. i sometimes oil rinse with it.

girls try out amla oil. it is light, and it strengthens my hair as if there was hal proteine, half moisture.

amla oil is now my staple

Never tried Amla oil. Is it as light as Grapeseed oil? I really liked Argan oil I dint know why I spotted buying that.

randi415

Neutrogena Triple Moisture (I think that's the name) this was the best OTG DC I tried. The only reason I stopped using it was because I wanted to use products that are all/mostly natural but I may go back to this one. It's everywhere Walgreens, Target, CVS, and Walmart. Walmart has the best price. It works well alone but I like to mix honey, evoo, and ayurvedic herbs in mine.

coolsista-paris

Neutrogena Triple Moisture (I think that's the name) this was the best OTG DC I tried. The only reason I stopped using it was because I wanted to use products that are all/mostly natural but I may go back to this one. It's everywhere Walgreens, Target, CVS, and Walmart. Walmart has the best price. It works well alone but I like to mix honey, evoo, and ayurvedic herbs in mine.

ive heard so much good about this dc

Rainbow Brite

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle rose I think is purely moisturizing.

abcd09

melahnee I did this too :( My hair always has splits. I cant get ahead. Nothing seems to work: no heat, low heat, PSing 100% of the time, S&D, low mani, moisture/protein balance. I've been feeling defeated about it lately.

abcd09

Unfortunately that made my hair really dry. I tried it so many times. That along with the leave in conditioner.

I want something affordable and easily accessible. I like the hairveda sitrinilah, but that is so expensive here and l have to buy it online.
Nexxus Humectress worked for me. I stopped using it to try other products and probably because it has cones. It's moisturizing like the ORS pack and you can get it anywhere.

uofmpanther

[USER=306183]NefertariBlu[/USER];20158423 said:

GVP Conditioning Balm

uofmpanther

It might mot be. It is Sally's version of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. I've never tried the original, but I love the generic

mshoneyfly

NefertariBlu
I forgot an old fav in my stash :look:
If you can get it where you live Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi All Natural DC. In the US its sold at Sally Beauty and Walmart. Its very moisturizing. Also, what about Tresemme Naturals?

The only other alternatives I have are clay based DCs. The SM ABS Purification Masque is really good too. Its ultra moisturizing and lots of people use it to detangle too. I like the rinse out from this line too. Its called balancing conditioner. They both have kaolin (sp?) clay in the ingredients.

Sometimes I mix Australian Pink Clay powder from the B-n-B dot com site with honey, AVG, oils and Tresemme Naturals for a wonderful moisture treatment. I love the way cassia powder treats my hair too.

Im fresh out of ideas now :)

I LOVE this HHJ!!

NefertariBlu

MSHonefly
Thank you so much for answering my questions. I live in London so some of the products are unavailable here. I used the purification masque before and I really liked it. Its just really expensive here. Tripple the pricei you pay for it.

Might have to suck it up and get it. It was moisturising. Thanks fur your advice.

Jobwright

Has anyone tried this?

Attachments

• image-1339692199.jpg
    image-1339692199.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 18
  • image-2791579025.jpg
    image-2791579025.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image-3486662969.jpg
    image-3486662969.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 13

charmtreese

Has anyone tried this?

I tried the one that says intense treatment or something like that. It was just okay, I won't be repurchasing it though. Didn't seem moistrurizing nor did it add any strength, so it didn't really serve a purpose in my regimen.

Jobwright

charmtreese I went to the Indian Store looking for Vatika oil, but of course they were out. She ordered some for me though. I think I will try this with my next wash. Plus, I am headed to the beach on Friday so I should be able to use this frequently with daily cowashes like I am soaking up the sun and water to really see if it is good or not. Do you use Vatika oil?