The PJ strikes again...

Tracy

Hey people. So I am now gainfully employed /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/band2.gif /images/graemlins/cheers.gif and decided to treat myself to a few things I really wanted to try for my hair. I've only tried some of it so far, but I will give reviews on the rest when I do...

Here's what I got...

1. L'Oreal UnFrizz Shampoo
2. L'Oreal UnFrizz Conditioner
3. L'oreal UnFrizz Taming Creme
4. Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment
5. Lanza Be Long Strengthen Conditioner
6. Lanza Repair Reconstructor
7. Smooth and Shine Spray Leave In Treatment
8. V05 Fortifying Leave In Treatment

I also got a large bottle of Elucence Conditioner for the first time (I had a small one before) and stocked up on a liter sized bottle of the Protein Plus Shampoo by Lanza as well.

Last night, I tried the UnFrizz Shampoo and Conditioner and the Smooth and Shine Leave In. The Shampoo was just ok. give it a grade of about C+, it was more fragrance hype to me than anything else I didn't find anything particularly smoothing about it. I ended up following up with the Lanza to get that smooth, totally clean feeling I like. I then applied the conditioner and left it on for about 10 minutes - no heat. It was WONDERFUL. This product gets a B+ - I like it a lot. Great scent. Very thick and rich going on and rinsed like a buttery, slippery dream. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I think I still have other favs - but I will happily finish my little tub of it.

The Smooth and Shine Leave in was about a B. Not the worst one I've used but not the best. I think it might have left my hair a little thicker and heavier than normal. I still prefer my conditioner & water mixes as well as my Fantasia and Motions to this, but I'll mix it into the rotation occasionally.

I have yet to try the other goodies I bought - but let's just say I have some fun wash days ahead of me. The Elucence is next on my to try list...

Stay tuned...

azul11

see this is the beauty and the curse of not having a set regime and experimenting with different products to see what works. now you get this condition called pjism. you hear a good review and you start wondering if maybe it will work for you. you jot it down. now you have piles of papers and you break out in a sweat passing by the hair aisle in a department store and forget about sallys beauty supplies. who i really feel sorry for are people like myself who started this journey with no set regime and now have pages and pages of recommendations. now i HAVE to try lanza. if i didnt have braids i would have bought it when i saw it in rickys. and it was calling me too. /images/graemlins/frown.gif this is getting real bad. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif God bless you all.

Wow talk about PJ frenzy /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Thanks for posting your thoughts on each. I'm dying to try the L'oreal Nature Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment which I STILL haven't used yet! I'll probably use it tommorrow after the Aubrey Organics GPB which I just got today (I've been after this protein conditioner for a while).

Are you still doing pre oil treatments with these or no?

hairfanatic

Congratulations on your new job Tracy /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Those look likes some good products you bought and they are definately the ones that seems to work well for a lot of people on this forum. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Mindymouse,

Heres some information about Aubrey's GPB...click on the link.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cfm?product_id=001

Aubrey Organics also sells the Island Natural conditioner you have heard many of us rave about. His products are all natural but I will tell you that with some of his shampoos many with relaxed hair on this forum have complained out how they tangle the hair...but his conditioners were really great! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tracy said:
Hey people. So I am now gainfully employed /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/band2.gif /images/graemlins/cheers.gif and

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on the new job. I would ask about all those products your tried, but I know I can't them over here /images/graemlins/look.gif
All the better for me I guess, saves on the money. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

Hey Tracy, Congratulations on the new job! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif
Please give an update of the Lanza Repair Reconstructor after you've used it. I want to know how it worked for you. I'ts an item I would like to try. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kitkat

Tracy, congrats on the new job!! /images/graemlins/dance7.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif With any luck and some prayers, I'll be at that point soon!

Sounds like you'll have a good time trying your new array of products!

Jenai

Congratulations on your new job Tracy. Now, we have to talk about your growing PJ-ism... /images/graemlins/spank.gif

caress

Congratulations on the new job!

I was thinking about that Unfrizz conditoner you bought... if you have fine hair you might like the Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme better. I think it's a bit lighter and it really softens and detangles the hair.

Tracy

Thanks to all the sweeties for the congrats. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gigi: Huh? What? /images/graemlins/wasntme.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LD: I'll PM you (or try - can't get that thing figured out.) I already have one or two I think I may not be feeling. Gotta do the rollerset test to really tell - but I'd be happy to ship for no charge (yes - even to the UK /images/graemlins/wink.gif ). They'll take up space anyway...

Caress: Hi honey bunny! Thank you for the rec. but I actually loved the UnFrizz Conditioner. It was the shampoo I hated. Even tho the UnFrizz felt thick going on, it was nice (this crazy /images/graemlins/censored.gif weather in NYC has left my hair PARCHED) and it rinsed beautifully but with that slip I love.

Smooches ladies....

Tracy

BRH - no pre-oil treats. But I GOTTA start. The weather is killing my hair. And I kow this will help.

I'm soooo lazy! Ack! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Nyambura

surfer girl
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tracy said:
Hey people. So I am now gainfully employed /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/band2.gif /images/graemlins/cheers.gif and decided to treat myself to a few things I really wanted to try for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay! Congratulations on the new job! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif
I've been away for quite a while...I feel somewhat like Rip Van Winkle, lol...but your hair looks as fabulous as always. I look forward to your review of the Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment.

If I can figure out the PM thing /images/graemlins/blush.gif, I'll PM you, otherwise I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Your hair twin (of many /images/graemlins/wink.gif),
Nyambura /images/graemlins/smile.gif