THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE.

offthechainliz

Has anybody body read this book? I just started it and it looks so promising. I'm trying to rebuild my relationship with god and I've decided to take the 40 day challange in the book. Has anyone else read this book....what are your thoughts on it?

it was a good book. although, i found that the chapters talked in circles. maybe that was the authors way of driving home the message...

This book was life changing to me. Rick Warren is awesome. The book answered a lot of questions I personally had about my purpose in life. My husband and I were introduced to it by our church. We would alternate nights to read and then we would discuss what was read. It was awesome. I often give this book to friends or associates as gifts.

I have often heard that people get this book as a gift, say thanks, put it up and don't read it right away. Then one day they decide to read it and are amazed by it. They often wonder why it took them to long to read it. Reading the book always seems to be right on time for people. However, I'm not surprised by that because God is awesome and always on time.

Last edited:
I've started it....twice...I haven't gotten past day 6. I just looked at this on my counter today. I really want to read the entire book but I need to get focused.

I've heard a lot of raves about it, and I have (2 copies of) it. I've tried to do it, but I can't really even get past the first one or two days. I just don't get very much out of it. I might try to do it again sometime, but I guess that I have a problem doign it because it is such a huge thing, and I usually don't take to fads. I'm not saying that it's a bad book or anything.

uncutandgettinglonger said:
but I guess that I have a problem doign it because it is such a huge thing, and I usually don't take to fads. I'm not saying that it's a bad book or anything.

Uncutandgettinglonger - Like anything this book won't be good to everyone. There are a lot of great books out that serve the same purpose as The Purpose Driven Life. Hopefully you will find one that you can get into.

I have to disagree that this book is a fad, but this is just my opinion and I also respect your opinion. I believe the book simply gives scriptures from the bible and then Rick Warren interprets them. He then gives you ways to use what you have read about in your daily life. There are tons of books like this out there. Perhaps its the way Rick Warren interprets the scriptures that makes people like his book(s). I can't speak for everyone, but I LOVED the book.

Let us know if you find any other great books out there.

offthechainliz said:
This book is great. I have to be honest, I don't always read EVERY DAY but that's something I'm working on.

You don't have to read everyday. The important part is that you read when you have the ability to concentrate on only what you are reading. Learning, understanding and putting what you have read into practice are important. We are all very busy, and there is never enough time to do everything we want to do in a day. Just read as you can, and enjoy what you are reading.

SplashAtl said:
You don't have to read everyday. The important part is that you read when you have the ability to concentrate on only what you are reading. Learning, understanding and putting what you have read into practice are important. We are all very busy, and there is never enough time to do everything we want to do in a day. Just read as you can, and enjoy what you are reading.

thanks to the tip! you are right, intsead of trying to rush it and possibly missing an important concept I'll take my time and read when I can concentrate so I be able to incorporate it into my daily life

I have it..although I find that I cannot read it everyday...i am working on the procrasination as we speak..i also did just recently buy the journal to go along with the book..and i think its going to be great.

Back