The Tangle Teezer broke my heart. And my hair.

Fab_Nikki

I've stopped using my TT also and have fallen in love with my shower comb. I use that and my denman. Honestly I don't know where I put my TT. It's crazy because I was sooo into this thing when it first came out.

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
When I first used the Tangle Teezer, it detangled so well. But I instantly knew that any hair device that can detangle afro-textured hair very, very well should never be used often.

metro_qt

I still love my tangle teezer; I love love love it.
I actually don't use it on my natural hair regularly, since i haven't done as many wash n go's this season- it's been too cold.

But the TT detangles and 'prettifies' my wig like a ****...

beautiful hair everyday.

LilMissRed

I used mine maybe 5x... stopped when I noticed more than 10 pieces of hair in it after each use. Cudve been knots coming out but I didnt want to chance it especially since Id read that ppl thought it mayve caused splits in their hair :sigh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

silenttullip

Don't feel bad I'm about to trash mine because its hard to stop using it.
I trashed my denman the same week I got it because of the hair it pulled out

kryolnapps

I too am broken-hearted over the TT...

It detangled my hair like a dream. Nothing else ever came close. But I started seeing shorter strands and realized that the TT was shredding my hair. Unlike the Denman which was ripping my hair, the TT is a silent strand killer. It goes so smoothly through the hair, without hurting, that I didn`t realize what it was doing right away.

I`m truly sorry I can`t use it anymore because I was able to do a lot with fully detangled hair.

My TT bristles are not rough, they are smooth, but I think too sharp.
Thankfully I don`t have that much damage! Back to my trusty fingers...

Diva_Esq

I am done with the TT...we are breaking up! My ends feel rough and split now. :( Bought the Ouidad Double Detangler b/c my regular shower comb isn't detangling well now that my hair is long.

ninanichole

Thank you LHCF ladies. I purchased a tangle teaser last night at Sallys because the sales clerk raved about it for natural hair. I knew to check it on the LHCF first before trying it and I am so grateful that I did. I will be returning this brush TODAY! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

la mosca

I've been using mine every wash day (2 or 3 times a week) for the past couple of years. It eliminates knots and matting and helps me stretch my relaxers longer than ever -- 6 to 7 months.

JJamiah

I use my Tangle Teezer every wash since 2010, and I use my Magic Star Comb, as a COMBO those two are fierce :grin:

NubianPrize

I 've been using mine for over a years& still
love it . I've been reading those posts about split

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NubianPrize

My iPhone went weird so there's an incomplete post. Anyhow I still use my TT
along with my Ouidad DT, & Magic Star wide tooth. None of them rip my fine 4a/b hair. I read the TT hair ripping/ split end tales & am super careful. I'm doing KCCC
wash n goes for the summer & make sure I do daily spritzes w/ oil & water & use WGO
along with hot oil mixes & MegaTek . I co wash w/ Trader Joe moisturizing condish
or use WEN fig. My hair stays soft & easy to detangle with only a thumbnail size amount of hair left in the combs $ brushes. I have a Denman but don't use it because it is a real hair ripper.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF