The Truth + Proof Indian regimes MADE MY HAIR GROW in 3 weeks!

ycj

Congrats!!! This is amazing progress. I guess it's time for me to start on this regime too! Looks real good though!:grin:

Ivy Santolina

I've been lurking on Aryurveda threads like this for a while. I recently incorporated Aryurvedic herbs and oils into my regimen with good results. In the past my hair got too dry and tangly so I quit using them. I stuck with using henna and indigo (some times with a bit of Amla) to cover my gray hair. However, I had a lot of Aritha, Shaikakai, Amla and Kalpi Tone powders I didn't want to throw away. But since following the advice on threads like this one my hair is thriving. I haven't used the Kalpi Tone powder and my new Bring-Raj powder yet. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to add them to my current regimen.

tnorenberg

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope your hair recovered well.
I tried doing the prepoo with oil first & then doing the pastes followed with the tea rinses, I never followed her recipe to the tee. I noticed that the Amla powder has a high vit. C content so it can make your hair hard if not used properly, and the Shikakaki is excellent for strengthening the root, but it can make the hair feel like straw if use alone. For my hair I realized after reading some of the Ayurveda threads in their entirety, that I needed to MAKE SURE I added moisturizing powders like Bhrami, & Bhringraj. Otherwise I have no doubt I would be in the same boat. I also noticed that the Amla is said to create texture, this is why your blowouts might not have came out smooth. I have to admit I'm a bit too lazy for all that mixing all the time. so I have premixed containers with 2 parts Bhrami, 2 parts Bhringraj, & 1 part Amla. I just add a few spoons of this to my cowash or dc & my hair loves it!!! Sometimes I'll add Shikakai & Neem. IMO I think adding these powders to cond. help me to reek the benefits without having to do a ton of rinsing. And my hair stays moist. Lol, not to mention it's less work. I do the tea when I feel like it, and the pastes only when I'm less than 4wks. post. I also have infused oils with the Shikakai & Alma included in with other herbs for daily use.

What a great idea. Yeah, I'm not much into the mixing every wash either. It will also give a boost to my co-washes too. :yep:

alive2thrive

Wow your hair results are amazing & thanks for sharing!! Congrats to U! Is there a website or particular company that you know of offering these oils and powders in high quality? I'd probably have to travel to a metropolitan area to get store access unless I can find an Indian or Asian store around.

flowinlocks

Wow your hair results are amazing & thanks for sharing!! Congrats to U! Is there a website or particular company that you know of offering these oils and powders in high quality? I'd probably have to travel to a metropolitan area to get store access unless I can find an Indian or Asian store around.

This is where I got the bulk of my Ayurveda when I first started,http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=287149&highlight= It is more expensive ordering online, but the stores didn't seem to have a good selection. If you call the phone# on the site, you can order multiple items, even ones that are not shown. I did receive VERY fast shipping with this vendor.I also have a few bulk herbs from here,http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ they have some oils also. I know some members like FNWL http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/ I find that The oils like Vatika & Bhrami are MUCH cheaper in the stores. The powders are cheaper also, but watch out for expiration date. HTH

flowinlocks

BTW, she's no longer a member.

Mz.Shug

Just finished reading CandyC's book and I can't wait to add ayurveda and some of her techniques to my reggie!

flowinlocks

Just finished reading CandyC's book and I can't wait to add ayurveda and some of her techniques to my reggie!

Just as a precaution please please please read some of the Ayurveda threads here in their entirety first the Ayurveda support thread
Is a wonderful place to start. I was also inspired buy Candy C's growth when I joined so I tried her method of washing the hair with Shikakai:nono:
Way too strong and drying. I speak for myself and several other who have had this experienced. While her methods work for some, they don't work for everyone. Shikakai has been known to cause setbacks if not used properly. The Ayurveda links here are a wonderful resource in avoiding mishaps while using the powders.

Last edited:

Mz.Shug

^^ Good looking out! I've been reading up on Ayurvedic powders and rinses although I must admit I have read anything about setbacks.I'm still researching though. I used Cassia w/ a tsp of Amla powder and olive oil on my hair for the first time last night.While my hair feels strong i think i'll add a moist. condtioner to the mix next time. I now see it's all about accomadating to YOUR hair's needs and a mix that worked for one may not work for another. So I'll be VERY cautious and thoughful when practicing Ayurvedics.Wouldn't have gone through that thought process if it wasn't for your post so I thank you whole-heartedly.

ANUBIS

back when this was first posted it seemed "scammy" to me....why does the wall look all weird like it was manipulated with photoshop and if im wrong how do we KNOW that she actually took these pics 3 weeks apart? I dont really see that many women on here taking length check pics after 3 weeks. Seems like the OPs posts throughout this thread are product pushing ugh nvr liked this gurls products or book...avococo seems gimicky amd the book is most likely info u can get on indian hair boards for free...

OH AND DONT BUY THIS GURLS PRODUCTS SHE IS KEEPING PPLES MONEY AND NOT SENDING OUT ANY ORDERS AND SINCE SHE IS NOT IN THE US YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.:nono:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
back when this was first posted it seemed "scammy" to me....why does the wall look all weird like it was manipulated with photoshop and if im wrong how do we KNOW that she actually took these pics 3 weeks apart? I dont really see that many women on here taking length check pics after 3 weeks. Seems like the OPs posts throughout this thread are product pushing ugh nvr liked this gurls products or book...avococo seems gimicky amd the book is most likely info u can get on indian hair boards for free...

OH AND DONT BUY THIS GURLS PRODUCTS SHE IS KEEPING PPLES MONEY AND NOT SENDING OUT ANY ORDERS AND SINCE SHE IS NOT IN THE US YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.:nono:

:yep::yep::yep:
It also appears that the hair was darkened to give the illusion of fuller hair

I have used Indian herbs not for growth but just to try it out. I can say this, each mix should be exact or else you will not get the same results.

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar

I noticed this too and thought the pic was photoshopped but i didn't want to be the one to say it. Didn't want to be classified "hater". But yeah that was the first thing i noticed when i opened the thread. The picture seemed manipulated.

hothair

Well, I have to say that generally speaking ayurvedic powders and oils are uite good as with everything do your research. I and family members swear by vatika, amla, henna, cassia for length and strength.

IzleyLee

Candy,

What brand of shikakhai powder do you use? I'm trying to order some online now but so many options & I'm not sure which one is best.

Thanks!

IzleyLee

Never mind... just read thru all 18 pages & got all of my questions answered!

Awesome info... thanks Candy_C & all the ladies for the great tips!