The Upgrade is Great, but Some parts of it Are Getting On My Nerves...smh

melodies815

I am venting, so please forgive me in advance.

I have been a paid member (subscriber) for two years and will go nowhere because I love this place...and today, I got a note from Nikos saying that unless I am a subscribed member, I cannot advertise.

Well...I have a signature, but I have HAD a signature for almost a year now. Is anyone else having issues with their subscriptions or status as a member? I am paid to 2012. Any advice? I am not interested in breaking one SINGLE rule here. Again, I love this place. LHCF has done more for my hair and self esteem (outside of Christ) than anything I have done thus far in life. The very last thing I would do is abuse any privileges given to members and subscribers.

Nikos...would sure love to hear from you, buddy. :perplexed

Christi

Last edited:
Christi,

Advertisements are not allowed in the forum. That has always been a rule here but we have been enforcing it a lot the last 6 months because certain members thought that they can gain traffic/money from pyramid schemes get rich schemes, selling on ebay etc. We decided to put a stop to that.

There have been numerous announcements regarding this and it is in the rules.

What we allow is:

If you are a regular member/subscriber, you cannot advertise anything.
You can add your website or blog in any part of your profile so long as there are no advertisements on your blog/website or any money making schemes. There are several members that have their blogs on their profiles and that is fine.

If you DO want to advertise something, then there is a different subscription level called 'Sellers' and that allows you to post your business on your signature.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

This is probably not the place to post this, but I guess it's related to the upgrade. When I I read pages and go to the next I often get kicked out and a message that says I'm not logged in, so I log in again. What's that about? What do I do?

Ensure that you're checking the "remember me" box when you sign in, and also that your browser keeps cookies. There've been similar issues before the upgrade, and it's usually because people forget or neglect to do one of those two things.

Back