The Wig Thread

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
samsbeauty.com is having $1.99 shipping all weekend, no minimum purchase required. I just picked up these three:

Okay, so I posted about Terri before, now I'm on to Morgan. I wore her once to my office holiday party, but I didn't get a chance to take pictures. The style is beautiful. She reminds me of a longer version of Taraji, if anyone remembers that wig from a few years back. I like the 13x4 or 13x6, whichever one she is. I wear her as a middle part when I have the hair loose, and as a side part in a ponytail. I actually really like her a lot in a ponytail. This is how she looks straight out of the box. This was without plucking, slicking down, etc. Just parted and put in a ponytail.

Morgan 1.jpg Morgan 2.jpg

Cons: The lace is very light. Also this wig is ridiculously long. Like I'm 5'9 and the longest layer touches my butt.

MzSwift

Very cute! And wow, yeah that's long!! Do you rock it that long or do you cut it shorter?

I always do a terrible job whenever I try to cut my wigs :( Lol

Update: I'm still in twist extensions. Once I take these out I'm gonna put my hair in big plaits and let it rest underneath a wig. Not yet sure which wig yet. I think I would like to get a NL/SL one with bangs.

caribeandiva

Human being
Okay, so I posted about Terri before, now I'm on to Morgan. I wore her once to my office holiday party, but I didn't get a chance to take pictures. The style is beautiful. She reminds me of a longer version of Taraji, if anyone remembers that wig from a few years back. I like the 13x4 or 13x6, whichever one she is. I wear her as a middle part when I have the hair loose, and as a side part in a ponytail. I actually really like her a lot in a ponytail. This is how she looks straight out of the box. This was without plucking, slicking down, etc. Just parted and put in a ponytail.

View attachment 454627 View attachment 454629

Cons: The lace is very light. Also this wig is ridiculously long. Like I'm 5'9 and the longest layer touches my butt.
You’re tall too!! Yay!!! I’m 6ft

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Very cute! And wow, yeah that's long!! Do you rock it that long or do you cut it shorter?

I always do a terrible job whenever I try to cut my wigs :( Lol

Update: I'm still in twist extensions. Once I take these out I'm gonna put my hair in big plaits and let it rest underneath a wig. Not yet sure which wig yet. I think I would like to get a NL/SL one with bangs.
I don't trust myself not to butcher it, so I leave my wigs long.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Okay so I retired Morgan and now am wearing Reyna as of today, from the same line. Thoughts:

This wig really tested my skill level.

Like I said with the other two, the lace is too light but I'm getting better at hiding it.

I had to actually work to style the hair but I think I did pretty good, considering I didn't have time to work on the hairline. I'm just covering it with the hair for now.

The color.... You all know I love my red. ♥️ This color is called money piece wine, money piece referring to the red strands in the front. I think they were going for fun and flirty but it just looks like pre-prison Remy Ma. Not that it's going to stop me from wearing it. :lol: I would like it so much better as a plain black/red ombre.

And again, I had to cut it because it was just wayyyyyy tooooooo looooong.

Last edited:

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
I didn't know you could make a ponytail like that before I saw the video.

I also want to learn to make my own wigs by the end of the year. Anyone here done one?

MzSwift

I didn't know you could make a ponytail like that before I saw the video.

I also want to learn to make my own wigs by the end of the year. Anyone here done one?

I bought hair and everything a few years ago, intent on making a couple of wigs, but never touched them. It's all still in my hair bag in my closet, SMH. I was actually thinking of just sewing it on my head, but I've stopped doing cornrows bc of tangling. :ohwell: :giveup:

MzSwift

Does anyone sew down their wig?

If so, what's your regime how long do you keep it seen down before removing?

I actually started trying that last year whenever I wore a wig. I used to pin it down and keep it on but the pins hurt my head. I only do synthetic wigs and they're not lace fronts so I only keep them on for 2 weeks at a time. I wanted to go for longer but I actually think I'm gonna stick with 2 weeks so that I can take it down and DC. The only reason I would do less than 2 weeks is if the wig starts matting or looking bad some other way.

My regi is wash, protein tx followed by moisturizing DC. Then blowout and plait (cornrows cause me to have tangles now). I use a net cap on top of the plaits to help keep them in place instead of sewing them down. Then I sew the wig on the perimeter, using the net cap band as my "cornrow" while going underneath my hair as well. I tie it up in a silk scarf at night, leaving the tail loose. I was very happy with this and I'm hoping to be able to go back to it long term. I plan to replace my wash, protein and DC with my ayurveda mixes instead.

BonBon

Any recommendations for human wigs of really good quality?

I have been using premier Lace wigs. The first one was really nice but the other one I bought months after that in the same style didnt seem of the same quality -_-

I don't mind spending more as long as the wigs are good rep. I was going to buy from Wow African but I saw bad reviews and change my mind.

meka72

Would anyone of you wig experts mind providing me feedback on this video? Pleeeeeze? I’ve only tried one lace front wig and my lack of skills and the marginal nature of the wig equaled disaster. I’m going to try again but wanted to know if this is a good method if I need to modify the wig to provide some space for my little forehead. Lol. I’d appreciate it!