The Woman and Her Pastor...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
In the midst of her dreams, she becomes aware that she has given herself into a life that she never felt she'd fit into. At least not the way it appears with others, who made it seem so easy, to do.

She's chosen a life to be with a man who's been called to 'stand' against the world and it's controversy and oppostions to God's order and plan for all of man to follow.

Who is this woman? Who is this man? What do they have to do with God's plan? What is the role of,

The Woman and her Pastor...?

Pastor means 'Sheperd' and Sheperd means Lead and Guide. But what would the Sheperd be without his wife by his side? For she is the first, the closest and most dedicated to follow him as he follows Christ.

The woman and her Pastor...her husband. :couple:

Being in ministry can be a mystery for it is a a life and walk of Faith. You are 'Called' by God to do His work, yet the Call only becomes clear as you adhere to daily prayer and communion with God our Father. In Faith, each step is a mystery until you take it and move into the next moment that God 'pulls' you into.

It is especially a mystery for the wife, for her call is to follow two, God and her Pastor...her husband.

I want to share how much I appreciate the dedication and hard services that it takes to be in ministry of any form. But to be a Pastor's wife and to be his help meet and handmaiden, and his Lover, mother of his children, let alone minister in his stead...the list is endless. Literally...endless and it is a life of much expectation and loving sacrifice. Yet, she endures and endures and endures. But who endures for her?

She takes a lot of slack which she does not deserve and she is judged without understanding. She is held high, yet not allowed to be held human. Who can measure the heights so well taken, that this woman must climb. Who can measure the heights and depths, of which she fears decline -- of the expectation of others to be perfection in her role...a role of high calling, which she does fear falling.

She fears falling into what she is not allowed to be. And that is to be a woman, who is human as God first created her to be. A Pastor's wife is fragile as the finest China and silk of rarest design. Yet she's set on high and the least little tip the pedestal she could fall and break into pieces.

You'd be shocked to know that many would not notice, nor do they have in mind, that she's fragile and needs understanding, love, respect and support.

I appreciate the woman of God who has so much to endure. She bears the weight of the 'collar' that her Pastor, her husband represents; and she does so with valor and yes, with all Virtue. (Proverbs 31)

I appreciate the prayers which she labors upon those her Pastor, her husband has been called to Sheperd.

This is a woman beyond any other, for she will give until there's nothing left to give and then from nothing she will come up with 5 loaves and manage to feed thousands with more to spare.

Why? All for the love of God and for the love of her Pastor...her husband, her 'Call' from which she will never fall. For she is just that steady and always ready in and out of season and in prayer.

Who can find such a wonder? Her husband did...:yep: For a man who finds a wife (such as she) has found a good thing.

The Woman and her Pastor...her husband, a beautiful pair -- as One. :heart2:

Show some love ... extra miles of it, to your Pastor's wives. They give so much of themselves. :giveheart: We have some excellent Pastors in our lives, in our midst and in the total body of Christ.

I know of two wives of Pastors and they are also assistant Pastors, here in our forum who are Nice & Wavy and Alexstin.

Ummmmmm, Mocha 5 is no longer on the couch...:rolleyes:

I love you Ladies of God... :love3: I call you "God's Gentle Feathers", for you shelter us with your love and prayers and keep us safe and warm from the enemy's cold-hearted attacks.

(Psalm 91 - He covers us with His feathers and under His wings do we trust).

Thank you for your dedication and great sacrifice and wonderful ministry into the hearts and lives of so many. Truly each of you are a blessing to my life and heart each time I read your messages in the forum.

"Wavy" , you're still nice & wavy for you still give gentle waves of loving protection without rejection of anyone for any reason who needs love and prayer. Your love shows for your Pastor...your husband. :couple:

"Alexstin", (Pastor A) Your love shows for your Pastor...:yep: Your husband and for all of us.

"Sweet Mocha", you're not only off the hook, but you are totally off the couch. :yep:

Mocha5, your ministry and wisdom is always on time, for it fills every crack of every broken heart to whom you minister. Your love is the sealant which far exceeds the glue of the world, which doesn't adhere, for it's substance is not in line to the word of God.

If I missed anyone's name, it's not in vain. This is to all the woman here and 'there' who love God, I thank God for you and bless your lives, your ministries, your Pastors...your husbands. :couple:

And to God we dedicate all of our men, our Pastors...our husbands. For their call is to love God and us, with all of their being and all of their hearts and to follow Jesus all the way.

In Jesus's Name, Amen and Amen.

:heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

Shimmie

Staff member
I received this article in an email from my favorite radio station (WRBS 95.1 - Christian Radio, Maryland) www.wrbs.com

This article below inspired me to write the special dedication in my (OP) opening post above, acknowledging the Pastor's Wife.

Without her, there would be no Pastor...effective.

Now, for the Pastors....

8 Ways to Encourage Your Pastor
Simple acts that feed a shepherd.
by Victor Parachin

http://www.christianitytoday.com/tc/9r5/9r5035.html

Sometimes pastors are the loneliest people in the church. Often their hours are long, the pay minimal, the criticism considerable and constant. Feelings of disappointment, discouragement, and defeat may begin to plague the best of them.

Paul's admonition to "serve one another in love" (Gal. 5:13 ) should encourage us to remember our shepherds. Here are eight ways to make their lives better.

1. Cut the criticism
Presbyterian minister Fred Rogers, creator and host of television's "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood," recently gave an address describing the time he was a student at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary and attended a different church each Sunday in order to hear a variety of preachers.
One Sunday he was treated to "the most poorly crafted sermon (he) had ever heard." But when he turned to the friend who had accompanied him, he found her in tears.

"It was exactly what I needed to hear," she told Rogers.

"That's when I realized," he told his audience, "that the space between someone doing the best he or she can and someone in need is holy ground. The Holy Spirit had transformed that feeble sermon for her—and as it turned out, for me too."

Unlike most workers who are evaluated once or twice a year, clergy are often critiqued weekly after each worship service. It's not unusual to hear people say "the music was poor," "the hymn selection was awful," or "the sermon was boring." We would do well to remember that most spiritual leaders work hard to make worship a unique celebration each week.

2. Pray regularly
Ask God to shower your pastor with an abundance of love, hope, joy, faith, peace, power, wisdom, and courage. Pray for your spiritual leader's maturity and growth in the faith. As you pray keep in mind this wisdom from German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: "If you treat a person as he is, he will stay as he is; but if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be, he will become what he ought to be and could be."

3. Express appreciation in writing
A spoken compliment is always welcome, but a written one can be read over and over again for years. So, when you hear or see something you like from your minister, write an appreciative note.

4. Use your skills to bless
Are you proficient with computers? Help your pastor master the church's new computer. Are you a mechanic? Offer to service the car free of charge or at a reduced fee.

One pastor I know recalls: "I was pastoring my first church—a small congregation with limited resources. While there, I developed a series of dental problems and could not afford treatment. What a joy it was when a dentist in the church offered to treat me for free. Correcting my dental problem involved nearly a dozen visits. He treated me carefully and cheerfully each time. I have thought of that dentist many times since then and the memories of his kindness continue to bless my life."

5. Squelch gossip
If you hear a negative comment, respond with a positive one. If misinformation is being spread, correct it with the accurate information. Or, if people are gossiping, just walk away. Remember the Bible soundly condemns gossip and careless speech. James 1:26 says, "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." And Psalm 34:13 reads, "Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies."

6. Offer to meet a need
Some people make their spiritual leaders defensive and angry by saying, "You need to … " That approach is seldom welcome and almost always counterproductive. If you see a need, approach your spiritual leader by saying, "I'd like to help by … " If you see an area that can be improved, take responsibility for working on it.

Be an active participant in your church. Get involved by teaching a class, leading a workshop, singing in the choir, feeding the hungry. Ask your spiritual leader where and how you can employ your gifts.

7. Be openly responsive
Nothing so animates and excites a spiritual leader as seeing people respond to the preaching and teaching. Imagine the surprise and delight of a pastor in Virginia Beach, Virginia, who, when greeting a visitor to his church, found she came because of the kindness of a church member who was her neighbor.

"I'm recently divorced, a single parent and new to this community," she told the pastor. "To keep up with rent and provide for my three children, I must work two jobs. That leaves me very little time for yard work. I was relieved when the weeds didn't overrun my yard as I had feared they might. However, when I made an unscheduled trip home in the middle of my workday, I discovered the reason why the weeds had not taken over my yard.

"My 86-year-old neighbor—a member of your church—was on his hands and knees pulling my weeds. I barely knew this man and he was embarrassed to be caught in this anonymous act of kindness. He explained that he heard you preach a sermon on the importance of living a life of compassion and kindness and decided to put that sermon into practice by weeding my lawn."

One pastor's heart filled with joy when a group of women in Washington, D.C., responded to a sermon preached from the words of Jesus—"Do not judge, or you too will be judged" (Matt. 7:1). After hearing the sermon, the women decided to give a baby shower for the young woman who provided childcare while they met for Bible study. She was unmarried, close to going on welfare, and without support from her family or the father-to-be. The young woman was moved to tears by the surprise baby shower.

Later, the women explained to the pastor, "Your sermon taught us that it's possible to reach out to someone in need—in this case, an unwed mother—without judging or condoning the situation."

8. Throw away the measuring stick
Don't expect that your present spiritual leaders will do things the same way their predecessors did. Lay aside personal agendas and preferences. Instead, focus on how your leader is being used by God to do effective ministry now. By serving your shepherds, you will ensure that they will not only be encouraged but will feel appreciated and continue to minister with enthusiasm and energy.
A friend is someone who stays with you in the bad weather of life, guards you when you are off your guard, restrains your impetuosity, delights in your wholeness, forgives your failures, does not forsake you when others let you down.​
The friendship of Jesus enables us to see others as he saw the apostles: flawed by good children of the Father.
—Brennan Manning
A Christian Reader original article.
Copyright © 1999 by the author or Christianity Today International/Today's Christian magazine.
Click here for reprint information.
September/October 1999, Vol. 37, No. 5, Page 35

Nice & Wavy

In the midst of her dreams, she becomes aware that she has given herself into a life that she never felt she'd fit into. At least not the way it appears with others, who made it seem so easy, to do.

She's chosen a life to be with a man who's been called to 'stand' against the world and it's controversy and oppostions to God's order and plan for all of man to follow.

Who is this woman? Who is this man? What do they have to do with God's plan? What is the role of,

The Woman and her Pastor...?

Pastor means 'Sheperd' and Sheperd means Lead and Guide. But what would the Sheperd be without his wife by his side? For she is the first, the closest and most dedicated to follow him as he follows Christ.

The woman and her Pastor...her husband. :couple:

Being in ministry can be a mystery for it is a a life and walk of Faith. You are 'Called' by God to do His work, yet the Call only becomes clear as you adhere to daily prayer and communion with God our Father. In Faith, each step is a mystery until you take it and move into the next moment that God 'pulls' you into.

It is especially a mystery for the wife, for her call is to follow two, God and her Pastor...her husband.

I want to share how much I appreciate the dedication and hard services that it takes to be in ministry of any form. But to be a Pastor's wife and to be his help meet and handmaiden, and his Lover, mother of his children, let alone minister in his stead...the list is endless. Literally...endless and it is a life of much expectation and loving sacrifice. Yet, she endures and endures and endures. But who endures for her?

She takes a lot of slack which she does not deserve and she is judged without understanding. She is held high, yet not allowed to be held human. Who can measure the heights so well taken, that this woman must climb. Who can measure the heights and depths, of which she fears decline -- of the expectation of others to be perfection in her role...a role of high calling, which she does fear falling.

She fears falling into what she is not allowed to be. And that is to be a woman, who is human as God first created her to be. A Pastor's wife is fragile as the finest China and silk of rarest design. Yet she's set on high and the least little tip the pedestal she could fall and break into pieces.

You'd be shocked to know that many would not notice, nor do they have in mind, that she's fragile and needs understanding, love, respect and support.

I appreciate the woman of God who has so much to endure. She bears the weight of the 'collar' that her Pastor, her husband represents; and she does so with valor and yes, with all Virtue. (Proverbs 31)

I appreciate the prayers which she labors upon those her Pastor, her husband has been called to Sheperd.

This is a woman beyond any other, for she will give until there's nothing left to give and then from nothing she will come up with 5 loaves and manage to feed thousands with more to spare.

Why? All for the love of God and for the love of her Pastor...her husband, her 'Call' from which she will never fall. For she is just that steady and always ready in and out of season and in prayer.

Who can find such a wonder? Her husband did...:yep: For a man who finds a wife (such as she) has found a good thing.

The Woman and her Pastor...her husband, a beautiful pair -- as One. :heart2:

Show some love ... extra miles of it, to your Pastor's wives. They give so much of themselves. :giveheart: We have some excellent Pastors in our lives, in our midst and in the total body of Christ.

I know of two wives of Pastors and they are also assistant Pastors, here in our forum who are Nice & Wavy and Alexstin.

Ummmmmm, Mocha 5 is no longer on the couch...:rolleyes:

I love you Ladies of God... :love3: I call you "God's Gentle Feathers", for you shelter us with your love and prayers and keep us safe and warm from the enemy's cold-hearted attacks.

(Psalm 91 - He covers us with His feathers and under His wings do we trust).

Thank you for your dedication and great sacrifice and wonderful ministry into the hearts and lives of so many. Truly each of you are a blessing to my life and heart each time I read your messages in the forum.

"Wavy" , you're still nice & wavy for you still give gentle waves of loving protection without rejection of anyone for any reason who needs love and prayer. Your love shows for your Pastor...your husband. :couple:

"Alexstin", (Pastor A) Your love shows for your Pastor...:yep: Your husband and for all of us.

"Sweet Mocha", you're not only off the hook, but you are totally off the couch. :yep:

Mocha5, your ministry and wisdom is always on time, for it fills every crack of every broken heart to whom you minister. Your love is the sealant which far exceeds the glue of the world, which doesn't adhere, for it's substance is not in line to the word of God.

If I missed anyone's name, it's not in vain. This is to all the woman here and 'there' who love God, I thank God for you and bless your lives, your ministries, your Pastors...your husbands. :couple:

And to God we dedicate all of our men, our Pastors...our husbands. For their call is to love God and us, with all of their being and all of their hearts and to follow Jesus all the way.

In Jesus's Name, Amen and Amen.

:heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

Dearest Shimmie,

You have no idea....:cry3:

I am in a true state of humbleness....and gratitude. What you have done here today has lifted my spirit and encouraged me beyond your expectation of this message.

I thank God for the woman you are and for the Gift that is inside of you. People truly underestimate the Gift that you have. You are special...very special indeed and I thank God for you, Shimmie...every single day and moreso for the work that He has for you in the future.

Thank you for holding my hand up and helping me get to where I know I need to be. I am truly humbled.:kiss:

And for my co-laborers Alexstin, Mocha, RR, GoldenBronze, Shalom......you are loved much:grouphug:and I am grateful for all of you!

Again, Shimmie....thank you.

Nice & Wavy

I received this article in an email from my favorite radio station (WRBS 95.1 - Christian Radio, Maryland) www.wrbs.com

This article below inspired me to write the special dedication in my (OP) opening post above, acknowledging the Pastor's Wife.

Without her, there would be no Pastor...effective.

Now, for the Pastors....

8 Ways to Encourage Your Pastor
Simple acts that feed a shepherd.
by Victor Parachin

http://www.christianitytoday.com/tc/9r5/9r5035.html

Sometimes pastors are the loneliest people in the church. Often their hours are long, the pay minimal, the criticism considerable and constant. Feelings of disappointment, discouragement, and defeat may begin to plague the best of them.

Paul's admonition to "serve one another in love" (Gal. 5:13 ) should encourage us to remember our shepherds. Here are eight ways to make their lives better.

1. Cut the criticism
Presbyterian minister Fred Rogers, creator and host of television's "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood," recently gave an address describing the time he was a student at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary and attended a different church each Sunday in order to hear a variety of preachers.
One Sunday he was treated to "the most poorly crafted sermon (he) had ever heard." But when he turned to the friend who had accompanied him, he found her in tears.

"It was exactly what I needed to hear," she told Rogers.

"That's when I realized," he told his audience, "that the space between someone doing the best he or she can and someone in need is holy ground. The Holy Spirit had transformed that feeble sermon for her—and as it turned out, for me too."

Unlike most workers who are evaluated once or twice a year, clergy are often critiqued weekly after each worship service. It's not unusual to hear people say "the music was poor," "the hymn selection was awful," or "the sermon was boring." We would do well to remember that most spiritual leaders work hard to make worship a unique celebration each week.

2. Pray regularly
Ask God to shower your pastor with an abundance of love, hope, joy, faith, peace, power, wisdom, and courage. Pray for your spiritual leader's maturity and growth in the faith. As you pray keep in mind this wisdom from German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: "If you treat a person as he is, he will stay as he is; but if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be, he will become what he ought to be and could be."

3. Express appreciation in writing
A spoken compliment is always welcome, but a written one can be read over and over again for years. So, when you hear or see something you like from your minister, write an appreciative note.

4. Use your skills to bless
Are you proficient with computers? Help your pastor master the church's new computer. Are you a mechanic? Offer to service the car free of charge or at a reduced fee.

One pastor I know recalls: "I was pastoring my first church—a small congregation with limited resources. While there, I developed a series of dental problems and could not afford treatment. What a joy it was when a dentist in the church offered to treat me for free. Correcting my dental problem involved nearly a dozen visits. He treated me carefully and cheerfully each time. I have thought of that dentist many times since then and the memories of his kindness continue to bless my life."

5. Squelch gossip
If you hear a negative comment, respond with a positive one. If misinformation is being spread, correct it with the accurate information. Or, if people are gossiping, just walk away. Remember the Bible soundly condemns gossip and careless speech. James 1:26 says, "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." And Psalm 34:13 reads, "Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies."

6. Offer to meet a need
Some people make their spiritual leaders defensive and angry by saying, "You need to … " That approach is seldom welcome and almost always counterproductive. If you see a need, approach your spiritual leader by saying, "I'd like to help by … " If you see an area that can be improved, take responsibility for working on it.

Be an active participant in your church. Get involved by teaching a class, leading a workshop, singing in the choir, feeding the hungry. Ask your spiritual leader where and how you can employ your gifts.

7. Be openly responsive
Nothing so animates and excites a spiritual leader as seeing people respond to the preaching and teaching. Imagine the surprise and delight of a pastor in Virginia Beach, Virginia, who, when greeting a visitor to his church, found she came because of the kindness of a church member who was her neighbor.

"I'm recently divorced, a single parent and new to this community," she told the pastor. "To keep up with rent and provide for my three children, I must work two jobs. That leaves me very little time for yard work. I was relieved when the weeds didn't overrun my yard as I had feared they might. However, when I made an unscheduled trip home in the middle of my workday, I discovered the reason why the weeds had not taken over my yard.

"My 86-year-old neighbor—a member of your church—was on his hands and knees pulling my weeds. I barely knew this man and he was embarrassed to be caught in this anonymous act of kindness. He explained that he heard you preach a sermon on the importance of living a life of compassion and kindness and decided to put that sermon into practice by weeding my lawn."

One pastor's heart filled with joy when a group of women in Washington, D.C., responded to a sermon preached from the words of Jesus—"Do not judge, or you too will be judged" (Matt. 7:1). After hearing the sermon, the women decided to give a baby shower for the young woman who provided childcare while they met for Bible study. She was unmarried, close to going on welfare, and without support from her family or the father-to-be. The young woman was moved to tears by the surprise baby shower.

Later, the women explained to the pastor, "Your sermon taught us that it's possible to reach out to someone in need—in this case, an unwed mother—without judging or condoning the situation."

8. Throw away the measuring stick

Don't expect that your present spiritual leaders will do things the same way their predecessors did. Lay aside personal agendas and preferences. Instead, focus on how your leader is being used by God to do effective ministry now. By serving your shepherds, you will ensure that they will not only be encouraged but will feel appreciated and continue to minister with enthusiasm and energy.
A friend is someone who stays with you in the bad weather of life, guards you when you are off your guard, restrains your impetuosity, delights in your wholeness, forgives your failures, does not forsake you when others let you down.​
The friendship of Jesus enables us to see others as he saw the apostles: flawed by good children of the Father.​

—Brennan Manning
A Christian Reader original article.
Copyright © 1999 by the author or Christianity Today International/Today's Christian magazine.
Click here for reprint information.
September/October 1999, Vol. 37, No. 5, Page 35

This was so awesome....I'm printing this out to remember for my pastors!

Shimmie

Staff member
Precious Wavy, haven't had just about enough of the media and 'others' bashing the Ministry.

Ummmmm, don't get me started. :rolleyes: :boxing:

But it's high time to highly esteem those so dedicated and so worthy of the 'Call' and for all that you moment to moment sacrifice for all.

Praise God for His men and women of God who won't back down for anything....not ever, not for any devil in or out of hell.

Let the Wives say Amen and the Church say....Welllllllllllllllllll

I love you sweet lady. :giveheart: Stay strong and don't back down for a hot minute. Cause you don't have to, that's why.....

My love also to Shalom, Golden Bronze, Melodee, Queeny20. KLB.... with all the numbers --- my precious ice sister :yep:

:love2: Love to Adequate, Dreamer 26, Lady D (dlewis), Relaxer Rehab, and the many, many more. I'm coming back with more names.....(my boss just gave me a letter to type... Man! :rolleyes: :drunk:

More to love :love3: .... thegirltolove (our precious sister in Iraq); Mrselle, Me2, Pebbles (my sister)....

I'm playing hookie from my boss's letter :sekret: don't tell on me. I'll be back with more....

:love3: I'm back :yep:...we love Star, our 'Starlight Faster', Enchantment, Allandra, Beverly, Nikos (1 k), Honeycomb719, Supergirl, more Pebbles, Mrsnomore....Sweet Coco (cocoberry)...

I'll be back...I have two more letters from my boss... Man! :rolleyes: Don't she know I'm working on this here thread....:drunk:

Last edited:
Shimmie, you are so extra sweet and a God send. I thank you for being an encouragement and a motivation to us all. You have no idea how your words have uplifted my spirits and given me that extra "push". You know, that ability to Pray Until Something Happens.

I love you with the love of God and with the love of a sister. God bless you......

Nice & Wavy

Shimmie, you are so extra sweet and a God send. I thank you for being an encouragement and a motivation to us all. You have no idea how your words have uplifted my spirits and given me that extra "push". You know, that ability to Pray Until Something Happens.

I love you with the love of God and with the love of a sister. God bless you......

:yep:You are so right....so right indeed:yep: