There's No Justice I Tell Ya

G

There\'s No Justice I Tell Ya

There's this lady at church, beautiful waist lenght almost (4 inches away). Don't belong to the hair board, goes against all our rules.

* Washes every 2 wks
* Sometimes deep conditions
* Uses Grease

I'm not sure about daily moisturizing, I'll have to ask her routine, but def no distilled wtr and her hair is gorgeous and healthy.

There's no justice, I'm thinking are we obessed for nought?

Does anyone else know people who don't care properly for their hair and has lusicious hair???

karezone

Re: There\'s No Justice I Tell Ya

It is okay, calm down. Some peoples hair is just like that. My Mom only washes her hair once a month and she is almost bra strap length natural. If I did that I would be bald. Just because that is what works for her does not mean that it will work for you.

Tebby1017

A friend of mine goes to a Dominican Salon every week FAITHFULLY, but doesn't use any of there products. She uses CON shampoo and Pantene Conditioner for dry hair. Her hair is shiny and strong, and waist length to boot. I don't remember her mentioning anything about moisturizing her hair. When I asked her what she does she said "well, you know my hair has always been long..." and that was it.
No vitamins, not hot oil, no deep conditioning...nothing!

Tebby

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
It is okay, calm down. Some peoples hair is just like that. Just because that is what works for her does not mean that it will work for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O

I have two coworkers with waist length hair - one natural, one relaxed. Both use grease, sometimes condition w/Pantene, and both have strong thick waist length hair.

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]

* Uses Grease

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing. There is no right or wrong to haircare. It's about what works best for the individual. My hair grows better when I use grease. If I don't, it loses strength and breaks. There was once upon a time when I NEVER used conditioner, and my hair was longer then.

G

[ QUOTE ]
There was once upon a time when I NEVER used conditioner, and my hair was longer then.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* Go figure.

prettygirl

Just like how your tall or short and some else has the characteristics but is different from u.This is the same for hair it is similar but different.Hair is made up of the same elements no matter what race but we all have different characteristics.One might have more elements that aids in strength while another has more elements that aids in shine it is mostly contributed by genectics and were genetics left off hair care comes in we have to find out what our hair is lacking(and that can be harder thatn u think)to get truely on our way to longer healthier hair

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

* Uses Grease

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing. There is no right or wrong to haircare. It's about what works best for the individual. My hair grows better when I use grease. If I don't, it loses strength and breaks. There was once upon a time when I NEVER used conditioner, and my hair was longer then.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what I use on my daughter's hair, grease is a must. She was a strange texture that cannot get enough moisture...oils are too light, S-curl only lasts so long, etc. If I put grease on her hair it makes the other products work better.

Tebby

hawaiianhoney

Okay, I really hate to admit this, but my hair is like that too. I will not, however, admit how frequently (better stated: infrequently) I washed my hair before coming to this board and my hair is an inch from waist length.
I came here to find some ways to stop my hair from breaking. Even with the breakage though, my hair grows really fast so you can only tell that my hair breaks when you see my bathroom floor. One thing I was doing right I guess, was keeping my hair in a bun everday. I hardly ever wore it out and I kept it from being dry. I swear, I woke up every morning wondering how I had hair, much less LONG hair!

G

Yeah I thinks she does that alot wear protective sytles.

ineedmoney

it could be her diet. and grease isn't satan you know. "we" have been using it for a long time and there where the random few that had long hair.

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
grease is certainly not satan I get most of my growth spourt from sulphur grease

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as a child my hair was to my waist. Every day I rinsed in the shower, then the help would plait it up for me using blue magic. Honestly if I used shampoo once back then it must have been someday special. I used regular soap.
But, from time to time I sat with the ladies on the weekend to do my hair and I washed with hybiscus leaves. Conditioning seemed to be for the adults, not for me.

Isis

My hair was almost bra-strap as a child and looking back, I attribute that to wearing braids almost everyday (protective style)and not messing with my hair. My hair was washed once every 2 weeks and Sulphur-8 was then put on my hair and scalp. Nothing else special.

Tebby1017

I think so many of us had long hair when we were younger. I had a big poof ball that reached the middle of my back...God only knows how long it would have been straight.

I'm going to ask my mother what she did to my hair when I was younger....

Tebby

sylviaetc

itt seems like when we were younger our hair grew long because we kept it simple; nowadays we think we have to buy every product in the store, hence the term product junkie, and we think we have to go through all of these twist and turns to achieve long hair. when i was young my mom would
wash my hair twice wkly, condition it, blow dry it grease my scalp with that green grease in the little jar and that was it. i had hair almost to my waist, and now look at my hair. it's long by "afro-amer" standards but it's nothing like the glory of my younger years...

do you think we're doing too much to our hair?

Allandra

I'm not sure if we're doing too much to our hair or not. IMO, I don't think I am (even though I am doing more to it now vs. when I was younger - but I think I'm doing good things to my hair). I think as we get older, hormones have a lot to do with ones hair as well.

inthestars

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else know people who don't care properly for their hair and has lusicious hair???

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of hair has she got? Type 2 or 3?

[ QUOTE ]
I have two coworkers with waist length hair - one natural, one relaxed. Both use grease, sometimes condition w/Pantene, and both have strong thick waist length hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something? DO we hate pantene?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something? DO we hate pantene?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just stating what they use in their hair and that they both have thick waist length hair while I have a loooonnnggg list products I use and still haven't reach waist length.

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
itt seems like when we were younger our hair grew long because we kept it simple; nowadays we think we have to buy every product in the store, hence the term product junkie, and we think we have to go through all of these twist and turns to achieve long hair. when i was young my mom would
wash my hair twice wkly, condition it, blow dry it grease my scalp with that green grease in the little jar and that was it. i had hair almost to my waist, and now look at my hair. it's long by "afro-amer" standards but it's nothing like the glory of my younger years...

do you think we're doing too much to our hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm beginning to wonder if we should do a new challenge called "The Childhood Challenge"..where basically we just do what I mother's did to our hair.

Tebby

G

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of hair has she got? Type 2 or 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I'm not sure, still not understading tghe hair type thing, she is relaxed I'd say 4? But just guessing

G

And most of us did'nt get permed as a child, we have to keep that in mind.

Now that we are relaxing our hair it needs special care.

And no, grease is not "satan" per say, but the majority of black hair needs moisture, and grease is not moisture, I seen such a tremendous difference since I stopped slatherin grease. For me it's like lotion and grease when you "grease up" your skin you know it justs sits there ontop ,. There's no real benefit from it other than you won't be ashy cause this thick stuff is covering it..

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
And most of us did'nt get permed as a child, we have to keep that in mind.

Now that we are relaxing our hair it needs special care.

And no, grease is not "satan" per say, but the majority of black hair needs moisture, and grease is not moisture, I seen such a tremendous difference since I stopped slatherin grease. For me it's like lotion and grease when you "grease up" your skin you know it justs sits there ontop ,. There's no real benefit from it other than you won't be ashy cause this thick stuff is covering it..

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, when I lotion my skin I tend to mix lotion and Vaseline...that's the only thing that keeps it soft.

The same thing goes for my hair...mixing moisture w/greese/Vaseline/etc. keeps my ends nice and supple.

Tebby