They discontinued it!!! --a hair product TRAGEDY!

UmSumayyah

So I finally get out to the Botanica Boricua in Arlington, anctipating with great pleasure (practically rubbing my hands together with glee) picking up some Coco Tropical Shampoo and Conditioner from Rysell (dominican brand). I love, love, love this stuff.
I come in the store and see that they've rearranged it, and that they have more hair products than before. I go to the shelves and scan for my beloved coco stuff and it isn't there! I asked at the store and they said it's been discontinued!

I had come all the way just to go to this store, so I picked up some Honey and Milk Hair treatment, also made by Rysell. I hope its good. Anyway, they have several Miss Key products there, wheat germ oil and avocado shampoos/conditioners, that Whale Sperm stuff Caramelhonee was talking about, among other items.
Now you'll excuse me while I go cry some more.

UmSumayyah

Oh, I have searched the internet many times trying to see if I could buy it online. Never had any luck...
HOWEVER, let me tell you the latest. I was looking on the back of my new conditoner jar and noticed that they had a number to call for more info about the product. I decided, what the heck, I can speak Spanish well enough, let me call Rysell and hear it from the horses mouth.
And I had to speak spanish cuz the customer rep couldn't speak english. She gave me another number to call. I called that one and they gave me yet another number. So I call the third number and the rep says that they do still make it and she doesn't know why the store told me that. She then gave me the number of a distributor that sells the product. Hopefully their shipping isn't too much. I'll keep you all updated.

ladylibra_30

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Oh, I have searched the internet many times trying to see if I could buy it online. Never had any luck...
HOWEVER, let me tell you the latest. I was looking on the back of my new conditoner jar and noticed that they had a number to call for more info about the product. I decided, what the heck, I can speak Spanish well enough, let me call Rysell and hear it from the horses mouth.
And I had to speak spanish cuz the customer rep couldn't speak english. She gave me another number to call. I called that one and they gave me yet another number. So I call the third number and the rep says that they do still make it and she doesn't know why the store told me that. She then gave me the number of a distributor that sells the product. Hopefully their shipping isn't too much. I'll keep you all updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm gald you found it

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: They discontinued it!!! --a hair product TRAGE

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:

[/ QUOTE ]

when I first saw the title of your thread, I was going to come in and tell you that sometimes a particular store will discontinue something and thus tell you "it's discontinued" meaning only that they aren't going to be carrying it anymore. (but it's still being manufactured and sold elsewhere)

Sally's "discontinues" things all the time--but you can still buy them at other places. I guess they need to come up with another word to use when they are the only store that won't be selling the product anymore.