Thick short hair=unmanageable

Ebonygurl00

Ugh, ever since I cut my hair, it seems uber-thick!!! I mean, I've always had thick hair, but I had SOOO many layers that it was hard to tell. Well, now most of my hair is even, and it's torture! My hair is super-thick, and I have to at least wet it down really good everyday to get it to lay down. I made the mistake of combing it out when it was fully dry last night, and I'll NEVER do that again!! My brother asked me when I'd grew an afro.:lol: I can put my hair in a tiny bun, and I have this huge black hairband that I put on the bun to make it look fuller. It works really well, but I just have TOO much hair, and the top gets all puffy, especially since I'm transitioning. I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but it's hard to style. It's going to start raining soon, and I go to school 2 days a week, so how am I going to leave the house with a wet head? I airdry only. I'm strict with no heat, so no blow-dryer. Is there any way that I can tame my hair without wetting/washing it?

LynnieB

Ebonygurl00 said:
Ugh, ever since I cut my hair, it seems uber-thick!!! I mean, I've always had thick hair, but I had SOOO many layers that it was hard to tell. Well, now most of my hair is even, and it's torture! My hair is super-thick, and I have to at least wet it down really good everyday to get it to lay down. I made the mistake of combing it out when it was fully dry last night, and I'll NEVER do that again!! My brother asked me when I'd grew an afro.:lol: I can put my hair in a tiny bun, and I have this huge black hairband that I put on the bun to make it look fuller. It works really well, but I just have TOO much hair, and the top gets all puffy, especially since I'm transitioning. I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but it's hard to style. It's going to start raining soon, and I go to school 2 days a week, so how am I going to leave the house with a wet head? I airdry only. I'm strict with no heat, so no blow-dryer. Is there any way that I can tame my hair without wetting/washing it?

why not do some real pretty flat twists in the front? i just use some marcel wax or jamician loc and twist wax to help with control and shine (they also keep the hair soft).

there's these teeny tiny claw clips (about the size of your thumb nail) you can get at Family dollar for like a buck. use those to hold the flat twist close to your scalp (the bottom half of the twist can be loose or also twisted w/foam roller on the end).

in the back you can do individual twists with foam rollers and/or use a nice headband and let it be free.

Ebonygurl00

Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm VERY style-challenged, so anything other than a bun is hard for me.:lol: I'm so frustrated!! I'll try those styles, though. Thanks!

moda

I agree with trying flat twists in the front I love them and I can do pretty much whatever I want with the back. Is that the length of your hair in your siggy? If so, a spiral set would be cute on you too

Ebonygurl00

cincybrownsugar said:
I agree with trying flat twists in the front I love them and I can do pretty much whatever I want with the back. Is that the length of your hair in your siggy? If so, a spiral set would be cute on you too

Thanks! My hair isn't the length it is in my siggy anymore, I cut it. I should change, that, but I'm lazy.:lol: I'll attempt the flat twists on Tuesday. Thanks, again!